PDA

View Full Version : Seat height

saintrider1
01-07-2014, 01:10 PM
Hi all, been looking at Caponard for a few months now, ride a Kwaka Z1000sx (ninja 1000 in US) but have ridden in line 4 's ad V4's in past and wonder about a Vtwin before I hang up me riding boots. I am about 5'10 inches tall (175cms) with leg about 30inches (75cms). I wonder how the seat height suits folks..what height are forum members and any comments appreciated. I know the simple answer is to go an ride one (have only sat on at shows so far), jus having cold feet as I suspect I might have to buy one once I have actually ridden one.

Cheers

CapoSye
01-07-2014, 01:21 PM
I'm 5' 11" with a 31 inside leg and have no problem even with an Airhawk fitted.

fredaroony
01-07-2014, 02:26 PM

DodgyGeezer
01-07-2014, 03:47 PM
Hi saintrider
I reckon I'm about the same height as you. I find the riding position very good, and I can get both feet flat on the tarmac. It's a nice, relaxed riding position. Only gripe I would have, and it's a very small one, is that the seat is tilted forward a bit, and I end up sitting on the front of the seat / back of the tank.

Nolz
01-07-2014, 04:31 PM
I'm 5' 11" with a 31 inside leg and have no problem even with an Airhawk fitted.

I'm of similar measurements with an airhawk also. I've found that I go from being fully flat footed to on the balls of my feet, depending on whether I'm wearing my touring boots, laced casual/riding hightops, or my casual riding shoes (on balls of my feet).

Generally feel pretty confident with the Capo under me when maneuvering on my feet, however if it was an inch lower I think I'd be 100% confident when pushing it around whilst seated. Especially when stopped on an incline/decline or moving about on gravel.

KiwiNinja69
01-07-2014, 06:32 PM
I'm 5'9" and dont have to much of an issue at all. I came from similar bikes to you and was a bit worried at first, but after a few days it was fine. You just need to get used to it.

fredaroony
01-07-2014, 08:46 PM

KiwiNinja69
01-07-2014, 09:03 PM
I've never really noticed the different between the settings. I normally ride on level 4 (Auto).

fredaroony
01-07-2014, 09:17 PM

KiwiNinja69
01-07-2014, 11:37 PM
Ahh that's probably why then. I only use 1 or auto.

mathew
01-08-2014, 02:52 AM
I'm 5'5", my seat has been lowered by 20mm and a ride the bike on auto. I can touch both feet down on toes or 1 flat if I move over a bit on the seat. Due to my height I was having issues with lots of bikes I test rode but as said you get used to it. I haven't done much movement of the bike while seated and don't fancy doing much but it will get better with more saddle time.

fredaroony
01-08-2014, 02:55 AM

mason.planft
01-08-2014, 07:31 AM
I found 4 is much better two up or when riding sportier. Auto just gets a bit too floaty sometimes.

I tried using auto mode for a while, the flashing symbols gave me the shits. Why Aprilia, oh why couldn't you just make it say 'Auto'?!?!?

saintrider1
01-08-2014, 12:23 PM
Thanks all, I took the plunge today and pick up a 2000 mile demonstrator from Wheels, Peterborough on Friday. I had a couple of hours test ride and the bike is so, so, different to anything I have ridden before but I could not fault any aspect. The seat height will take a bit of getting used to but it will mainly be about the need for more thought when positioning the bike at junctions and stop time (making sure the ground below is level etc).
The V twin engine, which changes from a stalling lawnmower to a hurtling machine pretty quickly, is also something I need to focus on getting in tune with and the more upright riding position and mirror positions mean I will need time and care to get used to it all, but I can't wait to put some serious miles in..just need some decent weather now.Will be looking in to the forum regularly hope to meet some UK owners along the way.

fredaroony
01-08-2014, 02:02 PM