PDA

View Full Version : ecu update

trainman
01-06-2014, 12:52 PM
got the 2013 ecu update on my 2011 1200 DD - the blurb says it improves mpg, smoothness and lambda warm up, I would agree it does all three, mpg is 5-10% (biggest improvement is when on a run out) better and bike runs smoother especially when cold, I used to get the occasional rough running from cold and stalling, hasn't happened yet with update and rides well even from stone cold

cost was half an hours labour from local dealer so am a happy boy so far, recommended. mark. ;)

jasonmachine
01-15-2014, 06:35 AM
Hi trainman...did yr Dorso have any difficulties at low rpm? Mine seems to be quite rough at down low, and when I open the throttle it lurches forward with jerky motion...?

trainman
01-15-2014, 03:23 PM
Hi trainman...did yr Dorso have any difficulties at low rpm? Mine seems to be quite rough at down low, and when I open the throttle it lurches forward with jerky motion...?

it wasn't too bad but def better now, especially when cold, occasionally it would run rough from cold and stall, hasn't done that since either

woodswpn
01-15-2014, 06:07 PM
Do the the USA models require the same update? I am thinking about getting a 2011 DD1200 and would want to get it done sooner than later. Where is this "blurb" you are referring to?

trainman
01-16-2014, 03:11 PM
Do the the USA models require the same update? I am thinking about getting a 2011 DD1200 and would want to get it done sooner than later. Where is this "blurb" you are referring to?

the dealer said that there are one or two updates a year sometimes on engines in production, I believe there has been more than one for the 1200 engine since it launched a few years ago

my update was dated March 2013 and he had a data sheet that stated 3 reasons for the change -

improved fuel consumption
smoother power delivery/throttle control
better lambda probe tune during warm up

around town I was getting 70 miles/tank, now 90. bike smoother especially when cold and never stalls when cold anymore.
I am not sure but find it hard to believe Aprilia would not want to update bikes in any country.

woodswpn
01-17-2014, 12:18 PM
Thanks for the info-I agree, Aprillia should 'want' to update in any country. I dont believe there are that many of these in the US though.

trainman
01-17-2014, 12:37 PM
Thanks for the info-I agree, Aprillia should 'want' to update in any country. I dont believe there are that many of these in the US though.

by all accounts not many here, maybe around 100 and the DD only sold in UK as the 750 now, so should be possible for you too