PDA

View Full Version : Aprilia Multimedia Platform

2tc
01-04-2014, 10:41 AM
hi guys. anybody here have successfully linked their iphone to the Caponord? if i read the manual on the software it says all you have to do is find the device on the buetooth search and link it. i cant seem to find the AMP device on my phone. by the way im loving my Caponord (white) but i sure miss my Tuono v4 aprc (wing grey) :(

RSTman
01-04-2014, 02:23 PM
hi guys. anybody here have successfully linked their iphone to the Caponord? if i read the manual on the software it says all you have to do is find the device on the buetooth search and link it. i cant seem to find the AMP device on my phone. by the way im loving my Caponord (white) but i sure miss my Tuono v4 aprc (wing grey) :(

As far as I am aware you have to add some hardware to the bike electrical/electronic system to get a bluetooth link. Do date I don't think this hardware is available form Aprilia. It seems to have been fitted to some press bikes at the launch in Sardinia last March since you can see it working if you look on the web. You can download the app for an iPhone though. My dealer looked back in Sept and it's there (don't have an iPhone myself so can't check). Absolutely no use at all if the bike can't connect to the phone.

guzzi45
01-05-2014, 01:34 PM
Looked into this myself after seeing a demo on youtube. It requires a pretty expensive bit of kit fitted to the bike apparently. :-(
Have downloaded the app onto an iPad for a look and actually doesnt seem to require to be linked to the bike except for the speedo and rev counter! The roll/g-force/satnav/workshop manual sections can work straight off the phone! If they go one better and put it out on Android, I'm having it!

2tc
01-06-2014, 10:43 AM
hmmm... ok if we need to buy such device where can we? it seems that the accessories for Cap12 has not even begun production. no top box. no windscreen. :(

keithc
01-06-2014, 12:35 PM
2tc

The top box is available, some members on here have on their bikes. Gave up myself after 7 weeks though. As for a screen, if you look through the posts on here you should be able to see piccies of the Givi (for teh stevio, but it fits OK) and MRA screens amongst others

Keith C

fredaroony
01-06-2014, 02:14 PM
2tc

The top box is available, some members on here have on their bikes. Gave up myself after 7 weeks though. As for a screen, if you look through the posts on here you should be able to see piccies of the Givi (for teh stevio, but it fits OK) and MRA screens amongst others

Keith C

I got the topbox in a couple day but the Givi screen is hard to fine. Although it look like I found a source in Italy that has them instock but it will cost me another $50AUS. Better than waiting two months.

ebanistas
01-07-2014, 08:02 AM
See this news Screens, and Engine guards:

http://www.puig.tv/tuning-bikes/aprilia-caponord-1200-2013/c171en/m3499/

keithc
01-07-2014, 03:21 PM
Ordered my Givi screen and it arrived in 4 days :)

But then again I am a little closer to the manufacturer.

Keith C

fredaroony
01-07-2014, 03:32 PM
Ordered my Givi screen and it arrived in 4 days :)

But then again I am a little closer to the manufacturer.

Keith C

You have a good shop that might ship to Australia?

keithc
01-07-2014, 03:37 PM
Try

Mark at
Motorcycle parts centre, Oxford Road Reading Berkshire UK. Tel 044 118 959 4341

They take all major cards and might help out

Keith C

fredaroony
01-07-2014, 03:50 PM
Try

Mark at
Motorcycle parts centre, Oxford Road Reading Berkshire UK. Tel 044 118 959 4341

They take all major cards and might help out

Keith C

You get it from them? How much?

keithc
01-07-2014, 05:58 PM
Thats where I got mine, but cant remember how much now. Had to have one so cost didn't really come into it

Keith C

robertp
01-08-2014, 07:27 PM
I contacted Aprilia Australia and inquired about the AMP accessory for the Caponord, they weren't overly helpful.
Their response was:
"Good Afternoon Robert unfortunately there are still some accessories we have not yet been advised are available from the factory, all of the accessories we do have available however can be found at www.aprilia.com.au (http://www.aprilia.com.au/) Others unfortunately are still pending.

I’m hoping to be able to update everybody very shortly."

Thanks kindly.

https://mail.google.com/mail/u/0/?ui=2&ik=1fc44ad0ca&view=att&th=14355c4ca2ec8152&attid=0.1&disp=emb&zw&atsh=1

John Sample Automotive Pty Ltd

Nolz
01-10-2014, 06:01 AM
See this news Screens, and Engine guards:

http://www.puig.tv/tuning-bikes/aprilia-caponord-1200-2013/c171en/m3499/

Nice find!

fredaroony
01-10-2014, 01:30 PM
Nice find!

Damn it!!! Wish i had noticed that post before I ordered the Givi screen!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Screw it! I order the light smoke one from these guys http://www.bs-motoparts.com/en/wind-protection/windshield-touring-puig-aprilia-caponord-1200-2013-light-smoke-i674-11830-0.htm

$169AUS delivered by DHL to Sydney if anyone wants to know. I used my 28 degree card so no conversion rates or extra fees.

They have them instock too apparently but then it went out of stock right away so I assume they only had one. Sent them an email to ask anyway.

I guess I'll have a new Givi screen in a week or so if anyone in Aus is interested.

keithc
01-10-2014, 02:39 PM
OK just looked at one of the li9nks above and found this item
Must make some calls over the weekend to check availability in the UK and of course it price compared tot eh one shown on another post on here.
The mounts look good and strong and should give a good place for spots etc.

Keith C

CapoSye
01-10-2014, 04:42 PM
Hepco and Becker are now listing engine guards (Part number 5027514 00 01) that look like those at around 175.00. These are in addition to (5017514 00 01) which are the wrap around ones we have already seen.

keithc
01-10-2014, 06:37 PM
Any pictures, I cant find any.

Keith C

AussieMat
01-10-2014, 07:59 PM
depends wether you're looking for engine bars or engine/tank protection. these ones seem to use the same rear mounting point as the engine/tank bars

ChrisHall
01-11-2014, 03:16 AM
I sent an enquiry to Calcsi about a screen for the Capo. They are planning on producing one.

fredaroony
01-11-2014, 03:22 AM
I sent an enquiry to Calcsi about a screen for the Capo. They are planning on producing one.

I just ordered the light smoke version of this http://www.bs-motoparts.com/en/wind-protection/windshield-touring-puig-aprilia-caponord-1200-2013-clear-i674-11829-0.htm

They must of only had one instock because it went unavailable right away.

AussieMat
01-11-2014, 03:29 AM
Seeming this thread has gone off topic anyway, I would like to fit a sump guard if anyone has seen one.

2tc
01-14-2014, 02:44 AM
Nice infos guys. Anyway my eyes have bled in looking for the top box plus mount that drop fits. Any one kind enuf to post a link for the entire package i would greatly appreciate. Thank u.

Markprend
01-14-2014, 07:36 PM
Chris

I purchased the NTX medium from calsci and it is good. Pillion even said it was better tan the R1200rt. i will try and get a pic up

Markprend
01-14-2014, 07:50 PM

ChrisHall
01-19-2014, 11:06 AM
markprend - how tall are you?

Markprend
01-20-2014, 12:35 AM
About 5'10 and a bit

rngarciajr
02-07-2014, 05:08 AM
Any latest news on the Aprilia Caponord Multimedia Platform? Anybody knows where we can get it???

KiwiNinja69
02-09-2014, 06:42 PM
Any latest news on the Aprilia Caponord Multimedia Platform? Anybody knows where we can get it???

I like Aprilia on Facebook and over the weekend they put a post up AMP about and specifically mentioned the Capo in the post. No mention on when, so maybe its getting closer to a release.

Mr Pope
02-10-2014, 02:55 AM
I like Aprilia on Facebook and over the weekend they put a post up AMP about and specifically mentioned the Capo in the post. No mention on when, so maybe its getting closer to a release.

Linky: http://uk.aprilia.com/uk/en/index/technology/amp.html

idiakez
02-10-2014, 03:47 AM
I hope they make it available for android phones too..if not, time for me to switch back to iphone.

fredaroony
04-23-2014, 02:25 AM

mason.planft
04-23-2014, 06:07 AM
So what does it actually do? I did see a clip on Youtube a while back that showed it, but can't find it again. The description on Aprilia's website is a little vague:

It allows to connected the vehicle to a smartphone, transforming it into a true and proper on board computer, capable of managing all the information relative to the vehicle and information useful for the trip. Customizable in graphics and content, it offers the possibility of accessing numerous features and info.

I'd like to know what this 'useful data' is before I forked out the equivalent of 200 Euro for the bits. Anyone got a more detailed explanation?

fredaroony
04-23-2014, 06:10 AM
So what does it actually do? I did see a clip on Youtube a while back that showed it, but can't find it again. The description on Aprilia's website is a little vague:

It allows to connected the vehicle to a smartphone, transforming it into a true and proper on board computer, capable of managing all the information relative to the vehicle and information useful for the trip. Customizable in graphics and content, it offers the possibility of accessing numerous features and info.

I'd like to know what this 'useful data' is before I forked out the equivalent of 200 Euro for the bits. Anyone got a more detailed explanation?

This explains it quite well http://uk.aprilia.com/uk/en/index/technology/amp.html

fredaroony
04-23-2014, 06:19 AM

AussieMat
04-23-2014, 03:34 PM

download the aprilia app and it has the dashboard on it so you can see what it will offer. Also has the user manual

Capo9
04-23-2014, 04:32 PM
download the aprilia app and it has the dashboard on it so you can see what it will offer. Also has the user manual

Can't find the app on playstore, must be iphone only?

fredaroony
04-23-2014, 04:44 PM

AussieMat
04-24-2014, 03:41 AM
I just ordered the ECU and should get it next week so will test it with the Piaggio app. I always planned on using it with my iPhone though[/QUOTE]

did you order it from Houston ?

fredaroony
04-24-2014, 03:49 AM
did you order it from Houston ?

Yes, got two of them in fact as the other is for a friend. Should hopefully have them by the end of next week.

fredaroony
04-24-2014, 07:04 AM

Nolz
04-24-2014, 07:25 AM
fredaroony! I haven't yet sorted out this wind screen thing and now you go and show me this! I'll have to bill you for what it costs to get it working on my bike now :lol:

fredaroony
04-24-2014, 07:32 AM
fredaroony! I haven't yet sorted out this wind screen thing and now you go and show me this! I'll have to bill you for what it costs to get it working on my bike now :lol:

Go on.....you know you want it! :-) I'll make some videos just to top it off!

mathew
04-24-2014, 11:10 AM
Does the navi use mobile data? And is it available in the uk?

robertp
04-24-2014, 06:05 PM
Go on.....you know you want it! :-) I'll make some videos just to top it off!

Sample video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pyfwwpBeeMs

fredaroony
04-24-2014, 06:15 PM
The only small bummer is that it stops collecting stats if the app is in the background and I use my iPhone as a GPS. Might as to use my second iPhone just for this and mount it on the handlebar mounts.

fredaroony
04-25-2014, 03:55 AM

idiakez
04-25-2014, 08:16 PM
The only small bummer is that it stops collecting stats if the app is in the background and I use my iPhone as a GPS. Might as to use my second iPhone just for this and mount it on the handlebar mounts.

Soon your bike will look like an airplane cockpit with lots of LCDs with info and switches! LOL. This is INCEPTION. Putting ideas into our heads! And my brain is already full of ideas on the caponord. My wife will kill me soon enough once I buy all these...LOL

fredaroony
04-25-2014, 08:22 PM
Soon your bike will look like an airplane cockpit with lots of LCDs with info and switches! LOL. This is INCEPTION. Putting ideas into our heads! And my brain is already full of ideas on the caponord. My wife will kill me soon enough once I buy all these...LOL

I'm hoping it won't look too stupid too lol. Hopefully the ECU should be here this coming Tuesday or Wednesday.

I've ordered another one of these to mount on the handlebar yoke http://www.ultimate-mobiles.co.uk/Cases/Tough_Waterproof_Mount_Case_Apple_iPhone_44S

Going use this on the case http://www.adventurecamshq.com.au/buy/1-ball-connector-with-3-prong-plate/QF33-1407 and this on the yoke http://www.adventurecamshq.com.au/buy/m8-screw-mount/QF33-1022

idiakez
04-25-2014, 08:27 PM
Luckily, they do not have an android version...phewwwww...my wallet is saved~ LOL

fredaroony
04-25-2014, 08:31 PM
Luckily, they do not have an android version...phewwwww...my wallet is saved~ LOL

It's weird because Piaggio make an Android app for their scooters and also use the same ECU, it's only the installation cable kit that is different.

I will try the Piaggio Android app when it gets here.

idiakez
04-25-2014, 08:55 PM
Android app in Iphone? is that possible?

fredaroony
04-25-2014, 08:59 PM
Android app in Iphone? is that possible?

No :) https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=pak.PMPiaggio

fredaroony
04-25-2014, 10:25 PM
Sample video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pyfwwpBeeMs

Mount shown in the video http://4lock.net/product/motorcycle-mount-for-apple-iphone-4/

fredaroony
04-29-2014, 03:07 AM
The ECU is in Sydney now so hopefully I get it tomorrow! :)

Bryannagirl
04-29-2014, 06:47 PM
Let us know how it goes - how easy was install, is paring simple, how well does it work, etc....
thanks and good luck with the new accessories.

fredaroony
04-29-2014, 06:59 PM
Let us know how it goes - how easy was install, is paring simple, how well does it work, etc....
thanks and good luck with the new accessories.

Will do, it's in the delivery van right now :)

fredaroony
04-30-2014, 03:07 AM

idiakez
04-30-2014, 03:31 AM
COOL!!!!!!! AAAGGHHH,..Now I want it too! :lover:

fredaroony
04-30-2014, 03:34 AM

What you waiting for?!?! :) It's not that expensive

Nolz
04-30-2014, 03:35 AM
Why!!??? Why show me this!!!!

ChrisHall
04-30-2014, 06:24 AM
would it work on iPod Touch??

fredaroony
04-30-2014, 06:28 AM
would it work on iPod Touch??

Yes it does and even says so on the Aprilia UK website. You just need the app and bluetooth.

Bryannagirl
04-30-2014, 02:31 PM
All installed! The install isn't too hard but running the cable through the dash is very much the hardest part. There are no instructions and the only place I could fit was near the horn and it's fits perfect there so must be it.

Plugs into this cable behind the dash

Mounts next to the horn

I ran the cable through here

Unit connected outside the bike while I was testing. It is plug and play.

In action

So it has to be mounted up front. Odd would think it would just be in back. So is the cable it connects to up front for power if so why not leave it under the seat.

I want one also sign me up.

ChrisHall
04-30-2014, 02:41 PM
Yes it does and even says so on the Aprilia UK website. You just need the app and bluetooth.

Count me in then!

fredaroony
04-30-2014, 02:54 PM
Count me in then!

Is it available in the Uk yet? Looks like since they released the Capo in the US it suddenly became available

fredaroony
04-30-2014, 03:15 PM
I'll test the Piaggio Android app today for you google users. Not for this bike but this ECU is used on many other models so might work.

dsgfh
04-30-2014, 03:29 PM
I'll test the Piaggio Android app today for you google users. Not for this bike but this ECU is used on many other models so might work.
Thanks greatly. Let's be honest, I'd love to show this off to my GS riding mate, but I flat out refuse to buy an apple product to do it

fredaroony
04-30-2014, 03:30 PM
Thanks greatly. Let's be honest, I'd love to show this off to my GS riding mate, but I flat out refuse to buy an apple product to do it

Ok just tested it and when you open the app you have a choice of about 8 scooters. I just picked one and it did work but not all the functions.

I couldn't see where to change the scooter model and I didn't have internet access to reload the app.

You might have to go to the dark side in this one :-)

keithc
04-30-2014, 05:53 PM
Like the idea, but like others I wont use apple products ever again. To restricted and closed protocol. Not for me I am afraid.

Keith C

fredaroony
04-30-2014, 06:01 PM
Like the idea, but like others I wont use apple products ever again. To restricted and closed protocol. Not for me I am afraid.

Keith C

Hopefully they come out with an android app. I'm going to mount a second iPhone on the bars just for this, in that context it's not really about using a apple phone it's just using what's available. Also getting a waterproof case is much easier for iPhones.

keithc
05-01-2014, 12:43 PM
Totally understand but after the agro I had converting my music files from Apple format to MP3 after the IPod battery went duff I swore I would never use an Apple product again - ever. Plus the con of Istore. You buy music from it and cant easily copy the songs to an other format to play on another player. Have you ever tried to connect an Iphone to another phone to share files, best of luck with that one too.
Nope wont use Apple products again.

Keith C

Oh and if you look at Apple's logo its an aple with a bite from it - maybe a symbol of the apple Eve gave Adam, they realy are the work of the devil :)

beeney
05-01-2014, 01:58 PM
having come from a tiger 1050 then multistrada which both displayed mpg and miles to empty,and being disappointed the aprilia doesn't show either,especially with the non linear fuel guage,it p's me off to find it does record those things,but only a tiny minority will get to see it.id much rather a miles to empty and mpg rather than the incriminating max mph and useless average speed.its also expensive if you don't have a compatable phone

fredaroony
05-01-2014, 02:35 PM

keithc
05-01-2014, 03:11 PM
Strange really as my Dorsoduro does give current and average MPG on the standard read out. Its rubbish though and way out, lets hope that after all the moeny spent the MPG figures given are acurate as this seems to be the most useful of the read outs given. I mean do you really want to knwo how much power is left to come and what the current tourque and power outputs are?
On the standard dash the average speed can be a useful inidicator on how you are doing on a longish trip with a deadline to be meet (but a more accurtate one is on my sat nav) and as for the highest to speed record, I never have sussed the reason for this.

Keith C

beeney
05-01-2014, 05:15 PM
on my bike it goes on to one bar after 118 miles,and then the reserve comes on at 175 miles,so when 1 bar is on i have to check the miles i've done then subtract from 175 to get my range,would be nice to have something tell me without the mental arithmetic.would also be nice having the mpg on display to see the difference if any cruise control and changing riding styles makes,so its back to you fredaroony to let us know how accurate it is,to see if buying a second hand iphone with a pay to go sim,waterproof casing,charging lead,mounting kit plus the aprilia kit is worthwhile

beeney
05-02-2014, 03:01 PM
now on uk ebay,although from america
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/NEW-APRILIA-CAPONORD-1200-MULTIMEDIA-PLATFORM-ECU-/171315866828?pt=Motorcycles_Parts_Accessories&hash=item27e338acccn ebay.co.uk

fredaroony
05-02-2014, 03:12 PM
now on uk ebay,although from america
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/NEW-APRILIA-CAPONORD-1200-MULTIMEDIA-PLATFORM-ECU-/171315866828?pt=Motorcycles_Parts_Accessories&hash=item27e338acccn ebay.co.uk

Have to make sure you order the cable kit too. http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/NEW-APRILIA-CAPONORD-1200-MULTIMEDIA-PLATFORM-INSTALL-KIT-/151291490582?pt=Motorcycles_Parts_Accessories&hash=item2339acf116

Looks like the got the description right off AF1's page!

fredaroony
05-17-2014, 02:40 PM
Few thoughts after my first decent ride with the AMP unit

The app itself is a bit unpolished and could be better, you can download it yourself to see what I mean. Feels like a first effort.
There is no option for L/100Klms for fuel mileage which is the most common at least here in Australia, it's KM/L and not a major deal but would be good to be able to change it.
The fuel average option on the front main screen doesnt work...I kept going up and after 264klms I was averaging 39.5 KM/L! However the trip log was correct showing 16.8 KM/L which I figure is about right
The instant fuel reading works well
The speed must be driven by GPS since it displayed the same speed as my GPS I also had attached (another iPhone) and was lower than the dash speed. This is good if you want to mount it high.
You have the option to log each trip so you can review the date later but it hardly puts in anything information. I uploaded it to dropbox if others want to see https://www.dropbox.com/s/rqf5geln7j2sx2z/Capo%20Amp%20Log.xlsx

It would be great if it could display the fuel range and this should be able to be done.

HistorySmistory
05-17-2014, 04:33 PM
I also had my first ride using the AMP today. Big thanks to fredaroony for the installation pics and cable routing suggestions. I found providing enough slack to cope with full steering lock required careful tidying of the cable er mess under the display.

Not convinced by the need for a USB cover under the seat, if this area gets wet then why put a USB socket there.

In use, I found it worked well and had no problem with the average fuel consumption display in MPG. Plan to use a couple of tankful tomorrow so will check on the accuracy.

Fun bits were the display flashing red when time to change up (configurable) and yellow if there is slip/wheelie.

There is a lot that this display could additionally do such as range and fuel level, permanent clock and presumably the ambient temperature is an input to the ECU.

The log files seem to be just broken since most of the data doesn't seem to be recorded.

Not sure if it is worth the cost but it is pretty cool!

fredaroony
05-17-2014, 04:44 PM
Big thanks to fredaroony for the installation pics and cable routing suggestions.

In use, I found it worked well and had no problem with the average fuel consumption display in MPG. Plan to use a couple of tankful tomorrow so will check on the accuracy.

No problem, thought it might be helpful as it took me ages to find a good way to run the cable!!

So was your Avg MPG on the front screen the same as the trip log?

fredaroony
05-17-2014, 04:45 PM
Looks like a new app might be coming soon http://newpmp.piaggio.com/newmultimediaplatform/#/page/app

Looks good but hope you can change the colour scheme because that dark background will be hard to see in the sun

Bryannagirl
05-17-2014, 07:16 PM
Looks like a new app might be coming soon http://newpmp.piaggio.com/newmultimediaplatform/#/page/app

Looks good but hope you can change the colour scheme because that dark background will be hard to see in the sun

Looks Pretty nice - looks like it may be android as well.

HistorySmistory
05-17-2014, 11:53 PM
No problem, thought it might be helpful as it took me ages to find a good way to run the cable!!

So was your Avg MPG on the front screen the same as the trip log?

Yup, same on both displays at the end of a ~40 mile ride. No magic thread in my gloves yet to play around on the move.

fredaroony
05-17-2014, 11:57 PM
Yup, same on both displays at the end of a ~40 mile ride. No magic thread in my gloves yet to play around on the move.

You can order a pair of either of these gloves http://www.apriliaforum.com/forums/showthread.php?286965-Ultimate-Addons-phone-case&p=3621821&viewfull=1#post3621821

HistorySmistory
05-19-2014, 02:12 AM
So after a 400 mile trip using the AMP, what have I learned...

The AMP speedo reads lower than the dash but higher than GPS. The AMP odometer is slightly lower than the dash (it is interesting that the bikes ODO is very accurate yet the speedo is not - in the digital world, do marketing men decide how much speedos should over read?)

For AMP display units there is a choice of US or SI - so UK users see MPG as miles per US gallon (so x1.25 for UK figure). The AMP economy at the end of a 200 mile ride read 42 US MPG and the bike took 18 litres - so a real UK MPG of 50 - not bad for a brisk A road and Motorway slog.

When switched to SI units, the average km/l is clearly wrong - yet the instantaneous looks right, someone got there maths wrong. Considering the app is almost a year old, and is basically the same as the Piaggio PMP and the Vespa version - it's a bit rubbish that it hasn't been tested properly. Also saw one app crash while fiddling and on the first try, the MPG number freeze.

The AMP tachometer shows that the limiter is at 9000, and the analog version that reads to 10,000 makes it feel you have more revs than the bikes 12,000 one! The numerical version is a blur of numbers and should be x100 RPM.

When the bikes reserve light comes on, a message pops up offering to search for a petrol station. Nice.

All the other features of thrust, torque, power, slip etc are good fun and seem to work. The iPhones G and lean also fun to play with for a bit. It makes a boring ride more fun and/or is dangerously distracting.

Finally, the app can record a log of all the ECU stats inc GPS positions, the first time I tried this it didn't work correctly missing out most of the data. The second time, over a period of about an hour it created a 36,000 lines 9MB file at a resolution of 0.1 seconds - fully populated with info!

fredaroony
05-19-2014, 02:24 AM
So after a 400 mile trip using the AMP, what have I learned...

The AMP speedo reads lower than the dash but higher than GPS. The AMP odometer is slightly lower than the dash (it is interesting that the bikes ODO is very accurate yet the speedo is not - in the digital world, do marketing men decide how much speedos should over read?)

For AMP display units there is a choice of US or SI - so UK users see MPG as miles per US gallon (so x1.25 for UK figure). The AMP economy at the end of a 200 mile ride read 42 US MPG and the bike took 18 litres - so a real UK MPG of 50 - not bad for a brisk A road and Motorway slog.

When switched to SI units, the average km/l is clearly wrong - yet the instantaneous looks right, someone got there maths wrong. Considering the app is almost a year old, and is basically the same as the Piaggio PMP and the Vespa version - it's a bit rubbish that it hasn't been tested properly. Also saw one app crash while fiddling and on the first try, the MPG number freeze.

The AMP tachometer shows that the limiter is at 9000, and the analog version that reads to 10,000 makes it feel you have more revs than the bikes 12,000 one! The numerical version is a blur of numbers and should be x100 RPM.

When the bikes reserve light comes on, a message pops up offering to search for a petrol station. Nice.

All the other features of thrust, torque, power, slip etc are good fun and seem to work. The iPhones G and lean also fun to play with for a bit. It makes a boring ride more fun and/or is dangerously distracting.

Finally, the app can record a log of all the ECU stats inc GPS positions, the first time I tried this it didn't work correctly missing out most of the data. The second time, over a period of about an hour it created a 36,000 lines 9MB file at a resolution of 0.1 seconds - fully populated with info!

Wierd because I was using my second iPhone as a GPS I observed that the speeds were identical.

I will have to try the log again to see what happens, maybe it's a bug in the first log written. Another rider I know has the same issue.

I have emailed the company that makes it with the issues I found plus some feature requests.

Bryannagirl
05-19-2014, 04:57 AM
OK a question - why do you have to run the USB from the rear to the front - would it not be easier to add a USB Port up front and then connect to that assuming the USB is for power only. If the USB is not for power and is the data can you by pass the module and just get data by hooking up the USB to the phone? Could you use a smaller and cheaper USB to bluetooth converter and still have this work if the USB has the data.

Just seems odd that you have to hook up a box up front and run and USB from back - just odd trying to figure out which is power and which has data?

Thanks

Capo9
05-19-2014, 05:47 PM
I think the main reason is that USB is 5V, not 12v. Long cable but simple setup.

Bryannagirl
05-19-2014, 06:16 PM
I would think that using something like this: http://www.powerwerx.com/batteries-chargers/usbbuddy-powerpole-12v-usb-5v-device-charger.html?utm_source=googleShopping&utm_medium=googleShopping&utm_campaign=googleShopping&gclid=CK-P5M6Oub4CFbTm7Aod7SMAqA
would make more sense. Save the rear USB for other things like powering your trunk or something like that.

rngarciajr
05-21-2014, 08:25 AM
Hi,
I got mine this week. Can you please tell me how to install it on my caponord? Thanks

fredaroony
05-21-2014, 02:19 PM
Hi,
I got mine this week. Can you please tell me how to install it on my caponord? Thanks

Did you see this post? http://www.apriliaforum.com/forums/showthread.php?284253-Aprilia-Multimedia-Platform&p=3622677&viewfull=1#post3622677

The hardest part is running the cable up from the bottom, I just pushed up the cable in the picture and there was enough room for the AMP cable. You will need something to grab the cable and pull it up though.

rngarciajr
05-25-2014, 08:26 AM
Yes, thanks Fredaroony, installed mine with no problem.
Running it though is a different story. Everytime I re start the engine i have to pair gadget to my iphone 5s. Then, you can hardly see anything on the
screen when the sun is up. Any suggestions on what to do???

fredaroony
05-25-2014, 02:36 PM
Yes, thanks Fredaroony, installed mine with no problem.
Running it though is a different story. Everytime I re start the engine i have to pair gadget to my iphone 5s. Then, you can hardly see anything on the
screen when the sun is up. Any suggestions on what to do???

I've read this is an issue with the 5S and I do not get this with my 4.

Can't help you with the sun sorry :)

slowmike
05-30-2014, 04:06 PM
I helped a friend run the cable. Easy way is to drop a line down from the top and fish the cable up. We did it in about 30 seconds after we figured that out.

slowmike
05-30-2014, 04:08 PM
I use arctic silver CPU cooler compound (very small amount) on my gloves to make them conductive. I reapply a tiny tiny amount every few months. Works great to make any glove compatible with a smartphone.

fredaroony
05-30-2014, 04:13 PM
I helped a friend run the cable. Easy way is to drop a line down from the top and fish the cable up. We did it in about 30 seconds after we figured that out.

Did you use the same entry point as I did? That was the hardest part.

slowmike
05-30-2014, 04:19 PM
We pulled the windscreen, pulled the nose cover, attached the ECU to the lower plastic, then dropped a line and fished cable through using the line. Wish I had taken pics but it was done really fast... Maybe less than 10 min?

Did you use the same entry point as I did? That was the hardest part.

fredaroony
05-30-2014, 04:23 PM

fredaroony
07-01-2014, 06:19 AM
Available for Android now https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=pak.AMP&hl=en

DodgyGeezer
07-01-2014, 01:01 PM
Available for Android now https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=pak.AMP&hl=en

Now why did you you have to go & tell me that? Gotta get one now.

keithc
07-01-2014, 01:04 PM
Same here, going to cost me money now :(

Keith C

fredaroony
07-01-2014, 03:50 PM
I was waiting for you guys to comment! :)

Also I got a reply from Piaggio and a new version of the iPhone app is coming in a week or apparently. They also said they cannot do remaining fuel range due to the information that comes from the ECU itself.

Looks like they updated the app for their scooters already https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/piaggio-multimedia-platform/id518614506?mt=8

keithc
07-01-2014, 04:10 PM
OK down loaded it to my phone, now thinking about ordering the bits :) BTW does anyone know how to change it to imperal units? Not to bothered but it might be useful.

Keith C

fredaroony
07-01-2014, 04:21 PM
OK down loaded it to my phone, now thinking about ordering the bits :) BTW does anyone know how to change it to imperal units? Not to bothered but it might be useful.

Keith C

Looks like they don't have that setting in the Android app for some reason where you can change it in the iPhone app.

keithc
07-01-2014, 04:58 PM
No Anologue dash either as far as I can see. Disappointing as a swichable spedo and anoluge dash would be good

Keith C

fredaroony
07-01-2014, 05:07 PM
No Anologue dash either as far as I can see. Disappointing as a swichable spedo and anoluge dash would be good

Keith C

Personally I like the digital but it would have been good for them to have a choice. I think it looks a little better than the iPhone app but wonder why they took a couple features out.

keithc
07-01-2014, 05:25 PM
Cost I expect

Ketih C

dadsafrantic
07-03-2014, 08:14 PM

Keith C

i second that.

dadsafrantic
07-03-2014, 08:40 PM
if they don't do a windows phone version then mine will be for sale.

fredaroony
08-05-2014, 02:25 PM
Some real instructions, not like when I got mine http://www.aprilia.com.au/pdfs/2S000064_installAMP.pdf

http://www.aprilia.com.au/pdfs/AMPkit.pdf

dadsafrantic
01-05-2015, 09:10 PM

Keith C

windows phone please.

dadsafrantic
01-05-2015, 09:16 PM
on my bike it goes on to one bar after 118 miles,and then the reserve comes on at 175 miles,so when 1 bar is on i have to check the miles i've done then subtract from 175 to get my range,would be nice to have something tell me without the mental arithmetic.would also be nice having the mpg on display to see the difference if any cruise control and changing riding styles makes,so its back to you fredaroony to let us know how accurate it is,to see if buying a second hand iphone with a pay to go sim,waterproof casing,charging lead,mounting kit plus the aprilia kit is worthwhile

hahahaha. my bike just stopped going to the top bar when i fill up. it's like the pizza slices on the old capo. you just get used to it.

fredaroony
01-06-2015, 01:37 AM
windows phone please.

I'd be very surprised to see that as there is one single review in itunes and that was me! Clearly there would be a very limited selection of people actually using this.

Niclas
01-07-2015, 03:00 AM
Since it's possible to use a fiat diagnostic cable to connect to Guzzidiag, has anyone tried to use a ELM327 BT plug to connect to the ECU?
Seems so over the top to pay that price for the AMP when I get the same thing to any car for 10$

Globalone
01-07-2015, 04:36 AM
Since it's possible to use a fiat diagnostic cable to connect to Guzzidiag, has anyone tried to use a ELM327 BT plug to connect to the ECU?
Seems so over the top to pay that price for the AMP when I get the same thing to any car for 10$

Yes and it did not work with the Fiat connector straight out the box, i have noticed that a mod has been made to get Guzzi Diag to work (pin 4-5 link?) will have another go when I have a spare 5mins

Niclas
01-12-2015, 07:10 AM
Would be interesting to try using the OBDII connected to a cheap ELM327 dongle and if the AMP could connect, or if e.g. Torque could communicate with the ECU.

fredaroony
01-12-2015, 02:25 PM
Yes and it did not work with the Fiat connector straight out the box, i have noticed that a mod has been made to get Guzzi Diag to work (pin 4-5 link?) will have another go when I have a spare 5mins

Pins 4 and 5 need to be shorted.

Globalone
01-27-2015, 07:22 AM
Modded the lead and tried with a code reader and elm327 bluetooth unit, both showed signs of life but neither would read the ECU information

dadsafrantic
02-07-2015, 07:55 PM

sweet.

dadsafrantic
02-07-2015, 07:57 PM
wow. never thought of that. thanks.

dadsafrantic
02-07-2015, 08:01 PM
I'd be very surprised to see that as there is one single review in itunes and that was me! Clearly there would be a very limited selection of people actually using this.

the truth is painful. might be time for a gookle fone. can't go back to apple. tough enough going back to android.

mathew
04-07-2015, 04:53 AM
Is anyone running this?

I am thinking of buying it as i have a lot of trips planned this year.

fredaroony
04-07-2015, 04:59 AM
Is anyone running this?

I am thinking of buying it as i have a lot of trips planned this year.

Have you read this thread?

mathew
04-07-2015, 05:27 AM
Yes but as time passes people perception of things change. Latest thoughts, is it work the money etc?

fredaroony
04-07-2015, 05:33 AM
Yes but as time passes people perception of things change. Latest thoughts, is it work the money etc?

It's ok I suppose but distance to empty would have been really nice. Also they have not updated the in ages when the scooter version but a much modern look update.

It's nice to be able to water temp and avg fuel though but I wouldnt bother again to be honest unless it was half the price.

mathew
04-07-2015, 06:56 AM
My dealer is coming back to me with a price and availability. I quite like the idea of it and having the data logging should be good. Also as I will be in Europe quite a bit this year the speed in KPH would be nice. I would use the NAV as I already use copilot on the phone.

Does this device drain the battery quickly?

fredaroony
04-07-2015, 07:10 AM
My dealer is coming back to me with a price and availability. I quite like the idea of it and having the data logging should be good. Also as I will be in Europe quite a bit this year the speed in KPH would be nice. I would use the NAV as I already use copilot on the phone.

Does this device drain the battery quickly?

Never had any issue with the battery and this. I doubt it uses much power.

I think I used the data logging maybe once or twice. I have mine set for water temp, rpm, instant fuel and avg fuel.

NickW1
04-07-2015, 02:10 PM
I like it. I have mine set for Coolant Temperature, Slip, Fuel Average and Battery Volts. Of course it offers a plethora of other useless but fun parameters such as Roll, Torque, Power Reserve etc... etc.. In addition, it will flash rapidly if the traction control is activated, this morning going to work it was flashing madly at me as I traversed a section of muddy clay wet from rain, I never felt a thing, the bike did its job and I stayed upright. Technology I love it, until I have to pay to have it fixed.

DBMG
04-23-2015, 02:13 PM
There is a new version of the AMP app for the iphone (v1.05) released on the 20th of this month which added Rally support and telemetry function for review of recorded data directly on the smartphone. :)
No update to the Android version yet though.. :pissed:

fredaroony
04-23-2015, 04:05 PM
There is a new version of the AMP app for the iphone (v1.05) released on the 20th of this month which added Rally support and telemetry function for review of recorded data directly on the smartphone. :)
No update to the Android version yet though.. :pissed:

This is a bit crap, I thought they would update to the new Piaggio style app. Looks exactly the same and could use a face lift!

mathew
04-30-2015, 09:35 AM
Ordered my Multimedia kit today. Works out about 200 fitted. Should be a bit of a laugh on my trip to Austria in July