PDA

View Full Version : How's support and spares situation?

RobZorba
12-07-2013, 06:40 AM
I'm interested to buy a new Caponord 1200 Touring Pack, just wonder if you can help me on the following questions/ concerns.

What is current availability of spare parts in UK, e.g how long would it take to supply new plastics afterminor damage?

Are there any concerns about Aprilia's ability to honor the 2 year warranty?

Are there any concerns about ability of dealers in the UK to repair and service the 'bike?

Thanks,
Rob

nisbeam
12-07-2013, 12:15 PM
Hi Rob, I was knocked off on 8 Oct and the right side of my bike was wrecked (see other thread, Ouch...). Yes it has taken a while to get the plastics especially fairing & panniers (now be on my 3rd set), other bits also slow. Still not back on the road although as of last week the only thing missing was front & rear footrest rubbers - hope to get them next week and the bike will be complete again. So the answer is it could be 2 months ! But it's worth mentioning as the bike was new this was probably the first time all these spares has been ordered. I expect the spare catalogue is now full.
Warranty should be OK. I had a couple of bits done - panniers replaced due to leaking was the biggest I suppose, that's why I'll now be on my 3rd set :-)
Dealers are good and bad for all makes in my experience not just Aprilia. Look around and you should be able to find a good one.
But it's a great bike with so much character - can't wait to get back on the road...

RobZorba
12-07-2013, 12:25 PM
Hi Rob, I was knocked off on 8 Oct and the right side of my bike was wrecked (see other thread, Ouch...). Yes it has taken a while to get the plastics especially fairing & panniers (now be on my 3rd set), other bits also slow. Still not back on the road although as of last week the only thing missing was front & rear footrest rubbers - hope to get them next week and the bike will be complete again. So the answer is it could be 2 months ! But it's worth mentioning as the bike was new this was probably the first time all these spares has been ordered. I expect the spare catalogue is now full.
Warranty should be OK. I had a couple of bits done - panniers replaced due to leaking was the biggest I suppose, that's why I'll now be on my 3rd set :-)
Dealers are good and bad for all makes in my experience not just Aprilia. Look around and you should be able to find a good one.
But it's a great bike with so much character - can't wait to get back on the road...

Hi nisbeam, thanks a lot for your reply - real sorry to hear of the accident, and I hope you were not badly injured. The spares situation sounds pretty bad, and it seems the Aprilia UK importer is not yet keeping sufficient spares in the UK for the 'bikes that have been sold. Waiting for shipments from Italy is not something I would be prepared to do. At minimum the dealer will have to provide me with a free loan touring 'bike if a delay of more than 2 days in getting parts is encountered.

keithc
12-07-2013, 06:14 PM
I ordered my bike in September 2013, including the following extras
Heated grip (fitted on first service)
MRA screen (fitted at first service)
Top box. Gave up waiting cancelled order late November and they are still not in the country.

Keith C

DBMG
12-07-2013, 07:05 PM
I ordered my bike in September 2013, including the following extras
Heated grip (fitted on first service)
MRA screen (fitted at first service)
Top box. Gave up waiting cancelled order late November and they are still not in the country.

Keith C

Hi. Received my bike four five weeks ago and ordered Heated Grips, Top Box and Cover. Cover came a week later, the Top Box came last week and still waiting for the Heated Grips. I tried to order the Lower Gel Seat and the Multi Media Platform but have been told both are not available, and I quote: "Thank you for your recent web enquiry. Please be advised that neither the lower gel seat or multimedia platform are available to order as genuine Aprilia accessories. We take this opportunity to apologise for any inconvenience caused. Kindest Regards, Aprilia Customer Services".

mathew
12-08-2013, 03:08 AM
I ordered my bike and it arrived within 2 weeks. Mototechniks where i brought it keep the heated grips in stock as every bike they have sold the buyer wants them. They also do there own lower seat which they keep in stock too.
I ordered the r&g tail tidy which came in 2 days.
I asked about the tomtom satnav mount but thats never coming.

ChrisHall
12-08-2013, 05:24 AM
Ordered the GPS Mount with the bike back in April. Still no mount available.

I ordered the following parts from Fowlers for the 12,427 mile service (20,000km). About half the order arrived after 3 days the rest is on back order.
When the bike had the 6000 mile service the mechanic showed me the airbox cover, where the sealing lip was damaged. 4.19 for a new one! Who says Aprilia parts are expensive? On a Jap bike that would be 50+

I also ordered a valve shim to see if they are a "standard" size and common across most bikes - I can report that they are. The mechanic I use operates an exchange service on shims so it was useful to know.

PRODUCT
QTY
PRICE

Damper drift
Part Number: 830249
Capo Nord 1200 (3942) - Head cover

Oil filter
Part Number: 82960R
Capo Nord 1200 (3942) - Oil pump

Calibrated tablet 2.60
Part Number: CM157201
Capo Nord 1200 (3942) - Pad

Camshaft locking Pin
Part Number: 020719Y

Filter housing cover
Part Number: 896236
Capo Nord 1200 (3942) - Air box

Air Filtering element
Part Number: 896237
Capo Nord 1200 (3942) - Air box

Head cover gasket
Part Number: 879532
Capo Nord 1200 (3942) - Head cover

DBMG
12-08-2013, 02:47 PM
I ordered my bike and it arrived within 2 weeks. Mototechniks where i brought it keep the heated grips in stock as every bike they have sold the buyer wants them. They also do there own lower seat which they keep in stock too.
I ordered the r&g tail tidy which came in 2 days.
I asked about the tomtom satnav mount but thats never coming.

That's nice to know. Thanks for the info, will make enquires. :-)

keithc
12-08-2013, 06:24 PM
I ordered the following parts from Fowlers for the 12,427 mile service (20,000km). About half the order arrived after 3 days the rest is on back order.
When the bike had the 6000 mile service the mechanic showed me the airbox cover, where the sealing lip was damaged. 4.19 for a new one! Who says Aprilia parts are expensive? On a Jap bike that would be 50+

OK so f the seal is damaged how come you are paying for it. It was ether damaged by the factory or the dealer who has been working on it. Either way you should not be paying for it.

Keith C

ChrisHall
12-09-2013, 02:25 AM
Keith, for 4.19 - CBA! (Can't be arsed)

keithc
12-10-2013, 02:54 PM
Fair enough, but I wouldn't pay for an item that was damaged by Aprilia or my dealer as a matter of principal.

Keith C

Mr Pope
12-19-2013, 03:37 AM
Centre stand bolt lost 6 weeks ago - ordered up and, having lost one in the post, I'm still waiting..