PDA

View Full Version : Do i do it?

benovsky
11-21-2013, 02:47 PM
My mate literally just had a crash (hes okay) on his 2003 derbi gpr (yeah the ugly motherf*cker) with 2500kms on the clock, it was in showroom condition, (till he crashed) but he has no clue about bikes and ive told him he can turn it into a streetfighter for not much money, but he really just wants a new bike, so i asked how much he would want, he said 250, (he bought for 800 2 months ago).

I really didnt like the look of the bike before it was crashed, but i would remove all the broken front and cut the sides down to about half, put some kind of streetfighter headlight on it.

the damage it suffered is:
smashed front and underside fairings
cracked front wheel
some scratches
snapped clutch cable
scratched up grips and bar end

Money is pretty tight for me atm, but the bike has something like 8 months mot & tax.
but i really fancy a project to complete and sell (for profit?)

BTW does a rs50/125 (pre 2006) front fairing fit on a gpr?.. much prefer the look of the rs's

Zav
11-21-2013, 02:57 PM
Buy it mod it and use it make it a true streetfighter but don't plan on buying then selling as you won't get owt for it

apriliamandan
11-22-2013, 01:41 PM
Aprilia RS50 and RS125 fairings are different and dont fit each other btw. And no, I doubt any of them would fit the GPR easily.

Street fighter it for cheap or repair whats left (if anything).

Headlight units can be found on M&P cheaply.

RS_Patrick
11-22-2013, 04:07 PM
I think the older derbi fairings fit the 2003 model mate, and i like there look much better.