PDA

View Full Version : Going to look at an '07 Tuono R tonight

banjo8
11-18-2013, 10:01 AM
Hey all,
First, I am new to this forum, so hi. I live in the Philly area and have been riding for about 15 years. I love going to track days and used to be a MSF instructor. Right now I have a CBR1KRR that is too uncomfortable to be my main bike, and I've always lusted after a Tuono so.....

Second, I am going to look at an '07 tonight, looks to be in good shape:
http://philadelphia.craigslist.org/mcy/4188262927.html

Are there any dealbreaker things I should look for? You can point me towards a buying guide thread too, if there is one. I plan on this being my occasional commuter, twisties and track day bike.

Cheers, and thanks!

speedtoyz1
11-18-2013, 02:11 PM
Hey all,
First, I am new to this forum, so hi. I live in the Philly area and have been riding for about 15 years. I love going to track days and used to be a MSF instructor. Right now I have a CBR1KRR that is too uncomfortable to be my main bike, and I've always lusted after a Tuono so.....

Are there any dealbreaker things I should look for? You can point me towards a buying guide thread too, if there is one. I plan on this being my occasional commuter, twisties and track day bike.

Cheers, and thanks!

It looks great but it does have a service light on dash? Which you can clear out. Make sure it has two keys ,other than that it should be a great bike .If you don't buy his I have mine forsale here on forum and my friend next town over has his for sale also but we are in ga both are 08 . I have a 2010 also that I think im keeping for now .I love these bikes I have had 6 now ?? You cant go wrong, Good luck and welcome to the aprilia family

VFR4Lee
11-18-2013, 09:15 PM
Check the usual issues like electric connectors. Rear brake.
Looks good from internet distance, and has Akras already. Price looks good as well.:cool:

jrflanne
11-19-2013, 05:45 AM
Don't be surprised if the back brake doesn't work. There is extended commentary here about that.

Tifa
11-21-2013, 08:43 AM
Don't be surprised if the back brake doesn't work.

They have rear brakes?

jrflanne
11-21-2013, 04:10 PM
In that Flintstone fashion.

Hoosier 6
11-23-2013, 09:41 PM
banjo8,

So what was the result? Good bike, good deal? Did you buy it?

Hey all,

Cheers, and thanks!