PDA

View Full Version : Aust. superbike school

Marshall
05-27-2004, 07:24 AM
Has anyone here done level 1 and level 2 at the Aust. superbike school. What are the courses like are they worth the money, what's the day like is it a strict schedual or is it just like any other rideday???

:):aussie:

FORZA
05-27-2004, 11:42 PM
They are very good value indeed, they do run to a schedule but you get alot of tracktime. I would recommend anyone to do them no matter how long you've been racing/riding etc.

Dave

AdamT
05-31-2004, 01:31 AM
definantly worth doing. I have completed Level 1 and 2. You get 5 sessions on the track, each 20-25 minutes where they give you a new skill to apply.

The tuitition, quality of instructors, ratio of instructors to riders and the process they go through to improve your riding ability is very very good. It will improve your ability on the track and make you a quicker but much smoother and safer rider on the road.

I am looking forward to doing level 3 later in the year at PI.

A word of warning, the school days in Melbourne fill very quickly, especially the weekends.

Johnny in Oz
05-31-2004, 07:49 PM
They used to offer a money back guarantee if you did'nt think your riding had improved after taking a course. I wonder how many dissatisfied takers they've had over the years?

It was raining when I did Level 1 at Eastern Creek (cleared up by the end of the day fortunately) and I still reckon it was the best bang for my riding buck.

Make sure you check out the Keith Code "Twist of the Wrist" books too. Especially Vol 2.

If I had the time and money I'd love to do it all over again (well maybe Level 3 at least) at Phillip Island.

John

Exdukenut
06-01-2004, 12:40 AM
I've done all 4 levels. All in Sydney Level 1 at Oran Park, the other 3, 2-4 at Eastern Creek.

They are some of the best value for money things you can do. Rider education should never be an after thought.

It's not only made me a better track rider, but a safer road rider at the same time. PS: It's also given me the bug for track days now. (Did one at the Island yesterday).

The courses are professionally run, and reading the Code books is an added bonus to re-inforce what has been taught in the classroom and in the practice out on the track.

Hope this helps.

AdamT
06-01-2004, 01:00 AM
How did the track day go??????????????/

what do you think of the island???

Exdukenut
06-01-2004, 03:54 PM
I'll write up something today, but does a huge grin sound familiar! :D :D

What an excellent track. Pity about the strong winds though, but at least it was sunny!:D :D :D :D

AdamT
06-01-2004, 07:07 PM
Look forward to the report. Under which forum will you post it?

Exdukenut
06-01-2004, 07:47 PM
I'll write it up with links to it, from the other forums, Falco and RSV. Just got to take the kids to the park for a while, plus my eldest is off today due to a teachers strike up here in NSW.