PDA

View Full Version : Hello from new owner

foot_loose
11-13-2013, 02:33 PM
Evening all.

I picked up my new 1200 a couple of weeks or so ago. I have had a number of bikes over the years but this my first v twin and first non Japanese bike. I am loving it so far.

I have had a red warning light appear on the dash a couple of times soon after starting up. Having switched off and re-started, the light goes out and does not reappear. Any suggestions? Not yet had 600 mile service so will mention it when I do.

Second, how to set the clock? Can't seem to get it to work following the instructions in the manual.

ChrisHall
11-13-2013, 04:33 PM
To set the clock; use the mode button on the left hand switch gear to display the clock.
With the clock displayed, press and hold the mode button in until the hour display flashes.
Move the mode button left or right to change the hour
A Quick press of the mode button will make the minutes flash. Set the minutes as for the hours
Press and hold the mode button to leave clock setting

(From memory!)

dsgfh
11-13-2013, 09:51 PM
Any other lights flashing with the warning light?

keithc
11-14-2013, 09:08 AM
Enjoy your new ride

Keithc

foot_loose
11-14-2013, 03:47 PM
To set the clock; use the mode button on the left hand switch gear to display the clock.
With the clock displayed, press and hold the mode button in until the hour display flashes.
A Quick press of the mode button will make the minutes flash. Set the minutes as for the hours

(From memory!)

Thanks. I'll try that. Sure its not what it says in the book!

foot_loose
11-14-2013, 03:48 PM
Any other lights flashing with the warning light?

No just a steady red light.

foot_loose
11-14-2013, 03:48 PM
Enjoy your new ride

Keithc

Thank you. I intend to!

Mr Pope
11-15-2013, 03:20 AM
Welcome in Mr Loose, don't go having too much fun with that beast of a machine. Where are you in the UK by the way? :pics:

foot_loose
11-15-2013, 02:57 PM

(From memory!)

You have a good memory. Thanks.

rngarciajr
11-25-2013, 07:45 AM
Can anybody give me a website where I can order the BIKE COVER FOR THE APRILIA CAPONORD 1200 (2S000055) ? tHANKS

mason.planft
11-27-2013, 07:59 AM
Can anybody give me a website where I can order the BIKE COVER FOR THE APRILIA CAPONORD 1200 (2S000055) ? tHANKS

Try eBay.com...

mason.planft
11-27-2013, 08:05 AM
Evening all.

I picked up my new 1200 a couple of weeks or so ago. I have had a number of bikes over the years but this my first v twin and first non Japanese bike. I am loving it so far.

I have had a red warning light appear on the dash a couple of times soon after starting up. Having switched off and re-started, the light goes out and does not reappear. Any suggestions? Not yet had 600 mile service so will mention it when I do.

Second, how to set the clock? Can't seem to get it to work following the instructions in the manual.

Hi foot_loose. This is my first Italian bike too. I've owned a couple of other V-twins, a DL1000 V-Strom and a Yammie MT-01. After those I've decided that 2 cylinders is just the right amount. The Italians seem to make these things with a bit of flair; it's a bike that you really have to ride like you mean it. I've found it to be at it's best through corners when your showing it the whip. The ADD just feels right at home when you attack the corners. It's a hoon bike with panniers!

foot_loose
11-27-2013, 02:15 PM
I'm loving it so far. I have fitted an MRA X screen to help with the wind blast to my head. Sadly roads here are cold and damp at the moment so not the best conditions for blatting around. Bike is fast and comfortable. Need to get the 600 mile service out of the way in a few days and then open her up a bit.

Peter