PDA

View Full Version : new dorso owner

mariano
11-03-2013, 08:26 PM
Hi there,
sold my '02 mille R friday,and went straight to the dealer to get this beauty.
2011 dorso 1200 with 800 miles on the clock,
my impressions so far after one whole day riding is that i love the riding possition,
torque and flickability, power is far from the mille r, but its pretty fast,
the only problem im having is that running between 2,000 until 4,000 RPM,
the bike hesitates a lot, after 4,000 RPM its perfectly fine.
Any ideas?
the dealer told me that they performed the 600 miles service.
Thank you so much.
Mariano

lanter
11-04-2013, 12:29 AM
Congrats on the new bike! Make sure you have latest mapping.

trainman
11-04-2013, 12:24 PM
hi there, my first post having just got a 2011 1200 DD, so far love it, the noise is great coming from BMW's, only downside the dinky little fuel tank, I was told by the last owner that they are fussy on fuel type and need the right RON number/octane etc, cheap fuel makes them rough apparently, anyway enjoy the bike, you have the weather for it!

Brinks_2
11-05-2013, 11:16 AM
Welcome and enjoy. They have a small fuel tank so you get get off the seat and stretch :) Grin a minute stuff, love getting mine out regularly.

Chewy52
11-06-2013, 06:46 PM
G'day Mariano, congrats on your new scoot, I'm sure you'll love it. On your issue, the motor runs on 4 plugs up to 4,000 rpm then only uses 2 plugs above that.(1 spark plug drops of above 4,000 rpm in each pot) so it sounds like you mite have a bad plug. I changed up to the 9 heat range plug (as recommended in the manual) and have not had any problems. Hope this helps.

zviadi
11-07-2013, 12:20 AM
Similarly, replaced stock sparks CR8EKB on CRR9EKB. Motorcycle has become difficult to cold-start when the air temperature below 10 degrees Celsius.
You can for 10-15 seconds to turn the starter and the engine will not start. After start - works intermittently and stalls. After the re-start idling is unstable, the sound like a warm-up chopper.
On the hot-start on the first try.

The following year, again to change my spark CR8EKB.

Chewy52
11-07-2013, 06:11 AM
Zviadi, there mite be some points to consider in the " warming up at idle " thread.

zviadi
11-07-2013, 07:42 AM
I just wanted to say that hotter spark plugs do not like to run at low temperatures in a cold engine.
Engine on both types of spark plugs warming up only to idle, regardless of their type.

The problem of topic-starter IMHO not in spark plugs.

First, it really can not be the newest fuel maps.
Secondly, I was faced with the same problems right out of the motorcycle. Voltage regulator is not working properly initially and did not give the charge on the battery. Of the three phases of his work alone. Why it was - is unknown. Perhaps defect from the manufacturer.
As a result, until the problems have been identified with the voltage regulator, motorcycle riding in spurts, with 2 to 4 thousand revolutions normally do not pulled, slamming the throttel valve to close the gas.
I advise you to check the battery voltage meter at idle and on the throttle.
If it is less than 13 volts - to further test the voltage regulator.
If you do not - can fall ECU. Really!