PDA

View Full Version : track days in QLD

4 doorz
05-26-2004, 08:14 AM
I have now been into anything motorbikes for 6 weeks now and have had my bike for 1 week now. In the RS250 section I have been posting questions and I have been told that I'd learn more in 1 track day than in 1 year of road riding....so I'm keen

Can someone advise me as to when they are held? (If the QLDers have regular track days). I sure would be better than going out with a whole mix of bikes from 125 to 1300 from all makes - at least for my first time.

Steve

Exdukenut
05-26-2004, 06:03 PM
Your best bet is to get more rider education, which happens to be on a track, then do a track day or 2 or 3, or........(yep, I'm addicted to them), after you've got your skill level up. It's amazing what you can learn, and come away with from the classes! It's not a learner trainer school, like HART.

There are road craft/cornering schools up in Qld, but I can't think of them off of the top of my head, at the moment.

Contact AMCN or Twho Wheels for possible details.

OZSLR
05-26-2004, 09:31 PM
I agree totally !! If you do a track day without having the necessary (PRACTICED) skills and techniques under your belt, then you may find your self in hot water on a track !

Several years ago, I did Advanced rider and cornering and braking courses on a track. Invaluable. There are also totally diffent approaches to how you ride fast on a track and how you ride competently on the road.

I think QRide runs them up your way.

Good luck, you can never stop learning.

Also try and get hold of the Keith Code books.

Cheers

Don
05-29-2004, 06:26 AM
4 doorz wrote:
Can someone advise me as to when they are held? (If the QLDers have regular track days). I sure would be better than going out with a whole mix of bikes from 125 to 1300 from all makes - at least for my first time.

Try Toprider (www.toprider.com.au) , they do courses in Brisbane and Townsville at least.

:aussie: