PDA

View Full Version : Warranty

mathew
10-25-2013, 06:20 AM
Hi guys I am off to test ride a Caponord 1200 tomorrow.

How have you all found Aprilias warranty services?
Have any of you been offered any extended warranties? The Stealership i am going to have offered me a 3rd year at 303.60 (inc VAT) and 4th year at 490.80 (inc VAT)

I know the perceived opinion that Aprilia's break a lot and didnt know if it would be worth it, even more so with all the electronics on this bike. But that 4th year is pricey! but is that a clue?

I dont think i would be doing more than 4k a year on it but most will be done in 2 up tours. So would be fully loaded for the most of those miles.

What sort of millage have you all been putting on yours so far?

Thank you for your thoughts in advance

nisbeam
10-25-2013, 07:28 AM
I have done 8500 miles so far. Apart from the recall issue that has been done & fixed, I have used the warranty to get my panniers replaced. I also got a new nut & bolt when my centre-stand almost fell off. But mechanically no issues at all. I have also ridden through some very heavy thunderstorms - no problem.
It's running like dream - or it was until it got wrecked when someone knocked me off 2 weeks ago grrr :devil:

dont think Aprilias do break a lot, there r

keithc
10-25-2013, 02:24 PM
If you go to Peterborough Wheels Motorcycles will normally match any reasonable offer you have had and give a lifetime warranttee as part of the package. Lifetime means its for as long as you have the bike and you have to get it serviced by them. They also give free MOT tests for as long as you own the bike too. The staff seem knowledgeable and friendly too.
As its not a million miles from you it might be worth a look.
For more details look them up on the web, their web page details their warranttee.
As for Aprilias breaking down a lot. My Dorsoduro did when I first got it, but it settled down by around 300 miles and has now run trouble free fo 25,000 miles.

Keith C

mathew
10-27-2013, 02:36 AM
Had a test ride yesterday, it's so different to my il4 but not a bad thing. Found 30 mph a pain but it'll be ok once i am used to it. Had the ride the clutch a little to stop the vibration. She got on with it well and would be better with a top box. So that box is ticked too.
Peterbrough is about 1.5 hours away but that warranty is only with them.
My local stealer ship isn't offering 0% deals but Watford ar at a cheaper price so if they do the warranty extension I could be off to order one soon!!

keithc
10-27-2013, 03:39 AM
I dont understand why your dealer isn't offering 0% finance as this is an offer being promoted by Aprilia until 31/10/13. 50% down and 50% interest free.
http://uk.aprilia.com/en-GB/Pages/Promo/READY_TO_ESCAPE.aspx
Wheels did the Travel Pack cheaper than list and also threw in the Aprilia Top Box (when it arrives), a MRA screen and the Aprilia heated grips.
As for the warranty, yes it is just with them. As you are located in Suffolk I would have thought Peterborough would have been closer than Watford.

Keith C

mathew
10-27-2013, 04:33 AM
About the 0% I know stupid isn't it!! Watford is about 25 mins more. The extra warranty I was looking at is accepted at any aprilia dealership so if I have a problem on a tour I should be ok but with Peterborough I knackered if I am in France or Scotland.

I will be phoning around to see what people will offer. I wouldn't mind buying it and not registering the new year for the 14 plate. As no one will be doing 0% in the new year.

keithc
10-27-2013, 05:47 AM
Forgot to mention the wheels warranty is additional to the Aprilia one, so you are covered every where for two years. I wont buy additional warranty's as generally they are a pan to claim against with the owner having to jump through hops to get a claim settled and even then you often have to pay up front and then claim the maoney back. Also be aware that many dealers will make excuses not to do warranty work (or delay them so you go elsewhere) on bikes not purchased from them due to Aprilia's derisory labour rates. I had this problem at the end on my Dorsoduro's warranty period as the local dealer had lost their franchise. It was sorted in the end after Aprilia agreed to pay the supplying dealer for the work.

Keith C

Mr Pope
10-29-2013, 03:13 AM
^^^ what he said! I bought mine fro Wheels too - and they're not exactly local to me!