PDA

View Full Version : Best near stock setup?

Wong
05-25-2004, 10:39 PM
I recently (couple of months ago) bought an SR50 and have had it derestricted. It reaches 55mph on a good day. The gas milage is also an impressive 130 mpg. Is buying a Leo "s" pipe and 6.5 gram rollers a good stock setup without affecting the top speed while increasing acceleration? and Will only lightening the rollers to 6.5 grams without changing anything else help the acceleration without hurting the top speed?

I would like to increase the acceleration and keep the top speed the same without hurting the milage.

Thankyou.

justo316
05-26-2004, 01:32 AM
Firstly, by adding the pipe you will lose some mileage, well I have.

I haven't used 6.5g weights with the stock spring. I should try it, come to think of it.

I have used 6.5g with the white spring and 7.7g(stock) with the yellow spring. The lighter setup works for some people, but I have a feeling they might not ride long enough in one go to see what happens when the spring loses its tension (bad!). The heavier setup is what I am riding with now, and is great although I would like to try an even heavier setup but I cant find heavier weights to match the red spring.