PDA

View Full Version : Update on "Stange vibration/creaking at 3000rpm"

ChrisHall
10-10-2013, 01:01 PM
Thread (http://www.apriliaforum.com/forums/showthread.php?276826-Stange-vibration-creaking-at-3000rpm) Anybody noticed a transient vibration/creaking when the engine reaches 3000rpm or there abouts. Very noticeable at lower gears/speeds (mnost likely due to ther not being so much wind causing "helmet noise").

Helmet noise.... is that even a term? haha

Following my oil change from Motul 300V 15W50 to ENI PG i-Ride 15W50 this noise and vibration has mysteriously stopped.

What's going on here????

My first thought is that it was the clutch juddering caused by the "wrong" oil being used. (I remember a few years ago Honda had problems with fully synthetic oil and their wet clutches) But why only at 3000rpm?

RSTman
10-10-2013, 04:35 PM
I think Motul 300V is overkill for a bike like the Capo 1200. From what I've read it's pretty trick stuff intended for high performance racing applications. Having said that I don't know why a different oil would cause engine noises or vibration. I did think there were more high frequency vibes in mine on the way back from first service (now with 10W40 (WTF)). Went out a couple of days later and it felt fine.