PDA

View Full Version : Warming up at start

zviadi
10-07-2013, 02:30 AM
When you start on a cold engine DD1200 is idling. That is, there is none like to Mille - first operates at higher speeds (3.5-4 thousand rev/min), and then gradually reduce to idle speed.
All filters and sparks in good condition. These symptoms were observed immediately after the purchase of a new motorcycle. Official dealer claims that it should be so.
Is that true?
Now environment temperature is low, engine starts badly and not the first time when they return is unstable. On the hot start with a half turn.

zviadi
11-01-2013, 06:49 AM
So - no one tells you what revs of the engine while warming up?

Mr.Dorso
11-05-2013, 04:04 PM
mine starts and idles around 1k and continues to do so, bit warmer in Aus than Russia though! Good luck with it, think dealer doesn't know whats going on sorry

lanter
11-05-2013, 06:55 PM
Mine is about 1200, regardless of ttemperature.

Paul W
11-05-2013, 08:44 PM
Mine tends to idle at around 1500 rpm regardless of temperature.
I've had something weird happen to me, twice, in exactly the same car park. When she starts up she idles slightly lower then usual (say 1200 rpm), then slowly winds down till it stalls. Takes about 15 seconds from start to stall. If you press the starter button she fires back up, but does it again. Turn the key off and on, and it recovers back to the usual revs for warmup. Weird.

zviadi
11-05-2013, 11:32 PM
Thanks guys, really helped me!
And some familiar claim that their dorso 750 are heated by 3.5-4 thousand revs, and then gradually reduce them to a idle. Hence my question.
In my town I am the only owner of the dorso 1200, so do not ask or look at anybody.

zviadi
11-05-2013, 11:34 PM
I've had something weird happen to me, twice, in exactly the same car park. When she starts up she idles slightly lower then usual (say 1200 rpm), then slowly winds down till it stalls. Takes about 15 seconds from start to stall. If you press the starter button she fires back up, but does it again. Turn the key off and on, and it recovers back to the usual revs for warmup. Weird.

The manual is written - not to touch the starter button the first 20 seconds of the start and not to change modes ride-by-wire.

Chewy52
11-06-2013, 06:22 PM
Hi Paul, your problem sounds like an issue i was having. turned out to be a dudd O2 sensor. there was a recall on the TPS, have you had yours changed out ?

Chewy52
11-06-2013, 06:33 PM
My Dealer, (Garage Motorcycles in Strathalbyn ) said it's better to ride it easy untill she's up to normal operating temp. The motor relies on some splash lubrication that does not happen when she is at idle and more so when it's on the side stand.

Paul W
11-07-2013, 06:54 PM
Hey Chewy. I am not sure if it was changed out, will need to check with the dealer. It's only happened twice to me, so not so worried about it. Was more curious about it happening at the same location than anything else. If it becomes a problem I'll be onto the dealer.

Zviadi; I wasn't touching the starter or mode buttons. It's start, idle low, get lower then stall.

zviadi
11-07-2013, 11:49 PM
Paul W
You described the symptoms observed on his motorcycle during a running in. Similarly, when you start or while standing in neutral at an intersection, the idle speed were unstable and could stall the engine periodically.
The problem has been solved so - I set a minimum free running gas handle, about 1 mm. After running this problem does not appear at once. Mileage is 12,800 km. Fuel maps are not changed.

trainman
11-09-2013, 09:12 AM
I can only find this comment about 20 seconds if you have just re connected the battery? are you sure about this? in my short ownership it does seem to help if you let the engine run for 20/30 secs before touching anything

zviadi
11-10-2013, 04:19 AM
The battery is not to blame - my speech refers to a system Ride-by-Wire. With the engine running the first 20 seconds you can not press the starter button.
After installing a new battery or battery replacement engine can be run at once.

trainman
12-21-2013, 01:35 PM
mine was doing the same now and again, having posted recently about warm up and poor fuel consumption I have got the stock March 2013 map update installed a few days ago and its certainly better, as the update claims bike runs smoother, rides better when cold (lambda map change i believe) and so far mpg looks to have improved by about 15/20%, need to get some more miles but very pleased, only cost me 30 mins labour charge, 20 bargain, thoroughly recommend it

and I don't stink of petrol now!

and I did also blank radiator off a few weeks ago, which has been helping too, winter not really here yet but some mornings just below 0deg

Bloy182
03-05-2014, 05:28 PM
mine was doing the same now and again, having posted recently about warm up and poor fuel consumption I have got the stock March 2013 map update installed a few days ago and its certainly better, as the update claims bike runs smoother, rides better when cold (lambda map change i believe) and so far mpg looks to have improved by about 15/20%, need to get some more miles but very pleased, only cost me 30 mins labour charge, 20 bargain, thoroughly recommend it

and I don't stink of petrol now!

and I did also blank radiator off a few weeks ago, which has been helping too, winter not really here yet but some mornings just below 0deg
where did you go for that? im only few miles down the road from norwich

trainman
03-06-2014, 12:16 PM
where did you go for that? im only few miles down the road from norwich

c and a superbikes in kings lynn, nearest dealer to me