PDA

View Full Version : Dorsoduro in Capo disguise?

Beau1K
09-27-2013, 07:37 PM
So I guess I've been living under a rock because I have just now this minute found the new capo website. http://caponord.aprilia.com/en/index.html

Now...first thing I thought was "holy shit! Awesome!!!! They've done it! They put a V4 in a touring bike! Perfect! This is EXACTLY what they need to do!! I mean, look at the front...straight off the RSV4 right?

I eagerly looked at all the doodads and fancy tech gadgets....AWESOME! They even put cruise control on there which the Multistrada, this bikes direct competition, is lacking!

I clicked my way to the motor expecting to read about detuning this and more torque that. NOT!

WTF?!?!?!?!?! Is this the Dorsoduro with a RSV4 front cowling and some gadgetry?! What have they done!!!???

Somebody tell me this thing is good! Please!

Draftpunk
09-27-2013, 09:57 PM
It says it is a twin.

Mr Pope
09-28-2013, 01:41 AM
It is good..

ChrisHall
09-28-2013, 04:55 AM
I was also expecting the V4 engine when I first saw it - that would be awesome! However the 1200 V twin will actually be a bloody good engine once I've had the ECU repmapped, the Lambda sensor switched off and the exhaust noise reducing valve set to fully open. I'm expecting great things.

BigSteve
09-28-2013, 07:20 AM
It is good..

:plus: I too found it very good to ride, in Sport mode...:banana:

I was also expecting the V4 engine when I first saw it - that would be awesome! However the 1200 V twin will actually be a bloody good engine once I've had the ECU repmapped, the Lambda sensor switched off and the exhaust noise reducing valve set to fully open. I'm expecting great things.

One of the reasons I'll be waiting a bit longer before comiting to buy one....you guys should have all the issues sorted by the time I get one...:rolleyes:

ChrisHall
09-28-2013, 10:25 AM
One of the reasons I'll be waiting a bit longer before committing to buy one....you guys should have all the issues sorted by the time I get one...:rolleyes:

You have plenty of time before the EU's anti tamper legislation kicks-in, in 2015. I've heard that remaps, Fatducs, power commanders etc on new bikes will not be allowed. With ECUs the manufactures will lock out any changes (2014 Triumphs will only allow 3 remaps then it's locked), but I can't see how they can police 3rd party add-ons.

dsgfh
09-28-2013, 01:26 PM
Not quite http://www.motorcyclenews.com/MCN/News/newsresults/General-news/2012/November/nov2212-big-bikes-escape-eu-anti-tampering-measures/