PDA

View Full Version : Caponord 1200 Scottoiler

CapoSye
09-23-2013, 09:30 AM
I don't know if anyone has fitted a Scottoiler but it's not as simple as it first seems due to the lack of space to fit the bits and bobs.

The Capo doesn't have a vacuum take-off, so if you are going to fit one, then it has to be the more expensive electronic E-System. After a lot of head scratching, the pictures show what I came up with. Maybe it will help someone?

nisbeam
09-23-2013, 02:01 PM
Very neat. Never tried that one but had good results with the standard version on other bikes.

I was think of one of these http://www.tutorochainoiler.com/index.php/auto-tutoro-oilers anyone tried them ?

dsgfh
09-23-2013, 04:40 PM
Very neat. Never tried that one but had good results with the standard version on other bikes.

I was think of one of these http://www.tutorochainoiler.com/index.php/auto-tutoro-oilers anyone tried them ?

Nope, but at 1/4 the price of the scottoiler I think you've just solved my lubing problem for me. At least, it looks worth a try.

beeney
09-23-2013, 05:11 PM
ive had scottoilers on all my previous bikes,and if there was space i would fit one,but my underseat has my puncture repair kit and tool kit and needs a good push to close.i've always had to regularly clean the muck off the chain with paraffin and a tooth brush anyway plus clean the fling off the wheelwheel,and still had the outside of the links go rusty in the winter,so i think i will regularly clean and lube the chain and see how it lasts.

Mr Pope
09-24-2013, 02:03 AM
Prefer a can of ceramic chain lube myself... last one on a V twin went for 27k miles before giving up the ghost

RSTman
09-24-2013, 03:08 AM

Be interested to know how it actually works. It says inertia, momentum, but what operates to allow oil flow? Had Scott oilers before, sort of OK but I could never get the oil flow right. Had a ProOiler too, works like the current Scott electronic one. Worked well but a bit of a fiddle to install and set up, expensive too (more than a new chain and sprockets). For the miles I'm likely to do the Tutoro is of interest the other options not worth the expense.

ChrisHall
09-24-2013, 10:47 AM
Here's my Scottoiler installation, a bit left field, but it seems to work (and easy to fill!!)

(and yes, it does clears the swing-arm)

CapoSye
09-24-2013, 12:10 PM
Hey Chris, how did you mount the controller bracket on the left switchgear please?

ChrisHall
09-24-2013, 01:18 PM
I used the bracket included with the kit. I used a vice to put two bends in the bracket (it's soft metal) and fixed onto the handguard/Clutch reservoir mounting point

Here's a side-on view

Chris

ChrisHall
09-24-2013, 01:23 PM
ive had scottoilers on all my previous bikes,and if there was space i would fit one,but my underseat has my puncture repair kit and tool kit and needs a good push to close.i've always had to regularly clean the muck off the chain with paraffin and a tooth brush anyway plus clean the fling off the wheelwheel,and still had the outside of the links go rusty in the winter,so i think i will regularly clean and lube the chain and see how it lasts.

I've always used diesel to clean my chains. Left overnight it leaves a waxy finish on the chain. Then I brush it over with scottoil. The chain on my ZZR1400 did 35,000 miles so I must have done something right! I only changed it because the front sprocket was worn and getting noisy.

Chris

CapoSye
09-24-2013, 01:36 PM
Nice one, thanks Chris. I may move mine now as it takes up what little space there is under the seat.

saintrider1
01-09-2014, 08:34 AM
Looking at this thread as when I spoke to dealers yesterday about fitting a scott oiler, they said there was a potential issue regarding warranty. They seemed to be saying that under certain circumstances (I assume electric fault) Aprillia could void the warranty if an electric scott oiler fitted. Don't shoot the messenger though. They have promised to give more info tomorrow when I pick the bike up.

Redst4s
07-15-2014, 10:36 AM
Thank you to all with the scott oiler thread, i just bought the new capo and have an old scott oiler. I guess I need to upgrade, man that electronic one seems expensive. HAs anyone been able just to buy the electronic parts and not the entire system?
Thanks again

Redst4s
07-24-2014, 10:26 PM
OK guys, checked with scottoiler and almost 200$ for electronic lube system, crazy. So I bought the tutoro lube system, I got the compete package form England for around 150$, 87 pounds. Much easier to install and looks great. Here are some258278258279258280258281258282 pics
Very easy to install and works well. Next add on, Stebel air horn and new windshield wind noise is driving me crazy.