PDA

View Full Version : Suspension set up for the track?

TheBuilder
09-17-2013, 09:23 PM
What kind of set ups are people using on these bikes for track days? How much sag are you guys using and ect?
Trying the track for he first time with this bike on the weekend, I'd appreciate some input and see what you guys are running.

BYRDMAN
09-17-2013, 09:37 PM
Hmm not sure what the settings are but I had mine done by P1 racing here in Houston. Ive tracked mine a handful of times and in my opinion it sucks balls at the track. I actually just did a track day this past sunday but had my supermoto and DD1200. I rode the DD1200 for one session and parked it back in the trailer. It just doesnt feel comfortable at lean angles. Almost feels like the bike wants to fall over or slip the rear tire.
Either way good luck and I hope u have more fun on that beast at the track than I do :)

lanter
09-17-2013, 11:03 PM
Builder ! Are you running the factory dunlop tires? If so that's the first thing I'd address. Also search for a thread I put up a while ago on suspension settings. How much do you weight with gear on?

Mr.Dorso
09-18-2013, 01:15 AM
lanter's setting worked great, even for a reference then you can make minor adjustments from that for your style.

does anyone have fork travel indicators they can recommend? Don't want to use cable ties! Also one's which can go on without pulling the fork apart..

TheBuilder
09-18-2013, 06:15 AM
Yes I am still running the original Dunlops on the bike, I have a set Michelin Power Pure's to put on but ill wear out the Dunlops first unfortunately. As far as weight I'm only about 170lb with gear. Ill see if I can find your previous thread for the set up though. Thanks!

Mr.Dorso
09-18-2013, 04:38 PM
Front: preload 4.5 out from full
Rebound 12 out
Compression 10 out
One line showing on fork tube (dropped 1 line)

Rear: 20 mm thread showing on spring
Rebound 15 out
Compression 1 turn out

I'm 195lb full geared up and the new settings greatly improved the handling of the bike.

Here's his post, will post thread next

Mr.Dorso
09-18-2013, 04:39 PM
http://www.apriliaforum.com/forums/showthread.php?261065-Suspension-guru&highlight=preload

also search the 1200 forum for 'preload' and you will get some good suspension threads ;)

motogp23
05-19-2014, 03:42 PM
Need some help with my DD 1200 track setting. How many line showing on the fork tube 2 or 3 line for the track.

lanter
05-19-2014, 07:39 PM
Start by dropping one line at a time. It will make big difference on the way the bike handles. Also check front factory preload. Mine and a couple of other 1200's indicators were off from the factory. I posted a thread on the subject a while back.

motogp23
05-26-2014, 12:08 PM
I drop it to almost three lines showing and it feels alot better , I will test it at Barbers Motorsport on my next track day. Thank you for the Info.