PDA

View Full Version : Getting my license back in 5 days.

crazydrums87
09-13-2013, 10:08 AM
So it's been 2 years since I've had a license and last sunday I purchased my first real motorcycle, the 07 Tuono 1000r. I've been riding for nearly 18 years and have an understanding of the power behind this model but from reading many posts I feel that I don't exactly know what I have until I get out on the road. I live in Arkansas so I have plenty of great back roads that have awesome views and everything, but what I'll be focusing on know will be how this bike handles. So I was wondering how much more will I fall in love with my bike come next wednesday?:lover: Also here in Fayetteville Ar, Bikes Blues and BBQ will be starting 9/18 and going through 9/22, will anyone on here possibly be going? If so it would be nice to meet some fellow Aprilia riders. So far I'm the only one I know around here.

Bob B
09-13-2013, 11:01 AM
So it's been 2 years since I've had a license and last sunday I purchased my first real motorcycle, the 07 Tuono 1000r. I've been riding for nearly 18 years and have an understanding of the power behind this model but from reading many posts I feel that I don't exactly know what I have until I get out on the road. I live in Arkansas so I have plenty of great back roads that have awesome views and everything, but what I'll be focusing on know will be how this bike handles. So I was wondering how much more will I fall in love with my bike come next wednesday?:lover: Also here in Fayetteville Ar, Bikes Blues and BBQ will be starting 9/18 and going through 9/22, will anyone on here possibly be going? If so it would be nice to meet some fellow Aprilia riders. So far I'm the only one I know around here.

OH BOY......license gone for two years and you buy ONE OF THESE?!?!?!? I hope you have some SERIOUS restraint!!!! Ride Safe!!!!

ohiomike
09-13-2013, 01:00 PM
I wouldn't recommend putting a plate on the bike for at least a month!! I mean why tell the cops where you live right??:)

The Commissar
09-13-2013, 01:40 PM
got license back after 2 years

buys a bike that will get your license taken away

I like the cut of your jib.

vato loco
09-13-2013, 09:47 PM
We all want to know why your license was...suspended...in the first place. :)

crazydrums87
09-15-2013, 01:49 PM
You all are awesome! Dwi #2. It was a very unfortunate event and it happened the day I received my letter telling me I got into college. I never would have thought that by the time I got my license back I would be owning one of the best motorcycles around. I am truly honored to be amongst other riders of the same caliber and consider my self even more grateful to drive an Aprilia.

v01d
09-20-2013, 02:40 AM
So it's been 2 years since I've had a license ....

I _know_ the feeling. 28 months myself, got back Feb this year. And yes, jumped immediately on the Tuono, ahhaha, never had one like that before :D

(and no, nothing to do with drunk driving, i don't do that ..)

Btw, just wanted to say that, don't know how its at your place but wheeling on public roads here will cause you to loose the license.
Just a warning, because this bike has very light front