PDA

View Full Version : Hi From Sunny Tadley, Hampshire, UK

keithc
09-13-2013, 06:13 AM
Not new here, but today I fixed the date when I pick my new bike up for Wheels in Peterbourough.
I pick up my brand new Camponord 1200 in white, with travel p[ack, heated grips, higher screen and (eventually, it isnt in sock right now) Aprilia Top Box on the 28th September 2013.

Looking forward to getting the bike and looking wqhat I can do to make it mine properly. Looking at definitly fitting:
HID set up for dip beam (proper HID with ballasts etc)
Power supply for my Zumo 660 sat nav
R&G Tail Tidy

Looking to fit:
Towbar so I can tow a trailer. These normally require 4 fixing points and are easily removable when they are not in use.
Addtional LED front lights
R&G engine covers
Gel riders seat

Lets see what I end up with. I will of course post pictures as I fit the itmes and let you know wahat I think of each one.

Keith C

DodgyGeezer
09-13-2013, 12:04 PM
Congratulations Keith! It's going to be a long 2 weeks for you.

Be interested to see what you think of the Gel seat. I got sent a picture of Aprilia's Sat Nav mount made for the Capo, but still waiting for price / delivery.

Presume your bike won't need the oil collector mod.

What about the Rad cover?

Roger

keithc
09-13-2013, 01:29 PM
Whoops forgot the rad cover in black. I think its way to big to be shiny stainless and looks cheap to me. It will probably be a mod for later though :)
As for the sat nav mount, its no good to me as I am not going to change my sat nav as the 660 Zumo is tried and tested for me and I have mounts on 3 bikes so it would be costly to change them all now.

Keith C

Globalone
09-13-2013, 01:34 PM
Sat Nav and digital radio mounted behind the screen
http://www.apriliaforum.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=224627&d=1371845081&thumb=1

keithc
09-13-2013, 02:30 PM
Could you post a picture of how you mounted them and how you supplied power to them as well

Keith C

Globalone
09-13-2013, 02:41 PM
http://www.apriliaforum.com/forums/showthread.php?274224-Extra-Power-Points-for-Accesories

keithc
09-13-2013, 03:37 PM
OK that's the power sorted but what about the mount :)

Keith C

Mr Pope
09-14-2013, 01:14 AM
Welcome in (again) Keith - we should have a get together being as we'll be (probably) the closest of the Capo owners on here :cheers:

nisbeam
09-14-2013, 02:33 AM
Hi Keith, I'm only 40 miles away in Brunton. I'd be happy to meet up sometime & chat, I have the R&G rad guard fitted so you can have a look. Only thing is I'm moving to Cornwall next week so will be busy for the next few days. But I will be around until the end of the month as I have until 29th to complete the move. An I will be passing by every week anyway as I work in Heathrow. So drop me a PM sometime. Cheers - Andy.

keithc
09-14-2013, 02:43 AM
OK looks like we could have a local meet sometime, hopefully soon. As I have posted I am picking the bike up on the 28th and will probably book the bike in for its first serve on the 12th of August. Should be easy to cover the first 600 miles in 2 weeks as I have a weekend between picking the bike up on top of the 240 round trip to wheels.

Keith C

Globalone
09-14-2013, 03:31 AM
I have fitted a bar between the two top fixing points for the screen. at present it is a gazebo leg that was squashed at each end and a 'c' slot cut into each end to fit the screen mount. (Looks like a 'c' spanner that is twisted to present a centre section face at the right angle to mount the sat nav) The bar has two holes drilled into it and a piece of perspex fitted to which the sat nav and radio are mounted.

The screen has been now been blacked out to stop reflection.

Winter project is to replace the aluminium bar with a perspex plate

keithc
09-14-2013, 04:42 AM
Thanks for that. I will look at what I can do, but suspect it will be a Ram mount ball attached somewhere for mounting of the Say nav.

Keith C

Globalone
09-14-2013, 06:36 AM
I like my sat nav just below my riding eye line

1 so when looking at it to see which way to go in traffic your eyes are not off the road
2 I use mine to give an idea of the severity of the twisties coming up.

BigSteve
09-21-2013, 04:11 PM
Not new here, but today I fixed the date when I pick my new bike up for Wheels in Peterbourough.
I pick up my brand new Camponord 1200 in white, with travel p[ack, heated grips, higher screen and (eventually, it isnt in sock right now) Aprilia Top Box on the 28th September 2013.

Keith C

I'm always up for a Hampshire Caponord meet...still on the old ETV1000, but thinking of taking a new 1200 out for a test ride...too see what I'm missing..:lol: Cresent motorcycles in Southampton are getting a Demo over the next few weeks...:D

BigSteve
09-21-2013, 04:14 PM
I like my sat nav just below my riding eye line

1 so when looking at it to see which way to go in traffic your eyes are not off the road
2 I use mine to give an idea of the severity of the twisties coming up.

:plus:..was handy in europe on the ACIM eh Stu...:banana:

fredaroony
09-21-2013, 04:56 PM
I have fitted a bar between the two top fixing points for the screen. at present it is a gazebo leg that was squashed at each end and a 'c' slot cut into each end to fit the screen mount. (Looks like a 'c' spanner that is twisted to present a centre section face at the right angle to mount the sat nav) The bar has two holes drilled into it and a piece of perspex fitted to which the sat nav and radio are mounted.

Any chance you could post some more detailed pictures of how you did this?

AussieMat
09-23-2013, 06:44 AM

Hi Globalone , what was done to screen to blacken out ?
thanks

Globalone
09-24-2013, 05:43 AM
Will post some pictures when I get the bike back
Having to use the plane this week (BA not mine)