PDA

View Full Version : AF1 Racing - Dorso 1200 Mail-In Mapping Solution Update

jpduc
08-29-2013, 12:45 PM
Micah,

I read in another thread about AF1 working on an ECU mail-in soultion for upgrading the map to correct the rich/surging problems on the Dorso 1200 with the Arrow pipes and DNA air filter. Do you have an estimated time when this service will be available and the cost? Thanks.

Jim

Micah / AF1 Racing
08-29-2013, 12:55 PM
You can try version one now, send to Ed with instructions and return address and phone number, I think the link has been added to online store but not sure? It is WAY better on last DD1200 I rode than stock. Email Ed for more detailed info, he is WAY ahead of me on Rexxer right now...but I'm learning...

Ed / AF1 Racing
08-29-2013, 03:45 PM
order this and send it in
http://www.af1racing.com/store/Scripts/prodView.asp?idproduct=1675

once we flash your ECU, we own the license to that particular ECU, so future updates and upgrades are easy and will just have a minimal labor charge. Or bring us the bike for dyno time and Micah can fine tune it to 100% perfect.

We're happy with the Rexxer DD1200 map we got now....10000x better and different than stock.

Send it in...

Mr.Dorso
08-29-2013, 07:23 PM
why don't u guys have an Australian branch :(

jpduc
08-29-2013, 09:40 PM
I'm going to do this. Micah, please open a Jacksonville, FL branch!

Micah / AF1 Racing
08-30-2013, 08:36 AM
Nothing personal, I have deep family ties in Florida...but should I move to another state it will either be in the PacWest or NC...I would not see myself moving to Florida. Good lightning shows and lots of airplane stuff but so flat with far too many cue tips!

Micah / AF1 Racing
08-30-2013, 09:05 AM
The Rexxer flashed DD1200 was picked up by it's owner yesterday...hopefully we all get a detailed report here soon.

hyokoon
08-31-2013, 03:54 AM
I'm sorry but what is ECU mail-in solution...? I understand that we don't need to send our DD, just remove and send the ECU, is that true?

Thanks,

keithdavisau
08-31-2013, 06:08 AM
Hi Micah
Would you be able to share your Rexxer tune with the Australian Rexxer Agent as he was going to tune my bike but could not get any good information on the tune Rexxer had for the DD1200 it seems not too many have been done yet. I dont mind paying towards the time and effort you guys have put into getting a good tune.

Micah / AF1 Racing
08-31-2013, 07:37 AM
I think Ed can send your guy the file no worries, email him direct on that one, sure some money will need to change hands but it sounds easy enough to do.

keithdavisau
09-01-2013, 03:49 AM
Hi again Micah could you please give me Eds email address

geardaddy
09-01-2013, 08:54 AM
Micah, Ed

Do you have a reflash for the Dorso 750?

Vasbalint
09-03-2013, 11:20 PM
Hi Ed, after the mail in remap do I need to visit my local dealer to calibrate/teach the trottle...
Thanks

Ed / AF1 Racing
09-04-2013, 12:05 AM
Micah, Ed

Do you have a reflash for the Dorso 750?

Yes, they have map for dd750, but we like to play with one locally first to verify how it runs before doing mail order

Ed / AF1 Racing
09-04-2013, 12:05 AM
Hi Ed, after the mail in remap do I need to visit my local dealer to calibrate/teach the trottle...
Thanks

Not needed, original learning is retained.

Mr.Dorso
01-19-2014, 02:13 AM
The Rexxer flashed DD1200 was picked up by it's owner yesterday...hopefully we all get a detailed report here soon.
Any update on this Micah?

Micah / AF1 Racing
01-19-2014, 08:58 AM
Loving it so far. Dyno numbers changed little but actual ride ability was is night and day. With stock cams extra power borders on impossible to make with bolt on mods. One thing I noticed working on one (bad demand sensor) last week was the extremely poor design of the stock air filter, quite simple I'm not a fan of foam filters, when you can see light through a filter held up towards sunlight I worry about long term wear. I would really like to see a paper element intake filter solution or at the very least a wire and gauze design, foam keeps birds out, paper keeps dust and dirt out!

Brinks_2
01-26-2014, 12:33 PM
What type of filter Micah??? The DNA???

Micah / AF1 Racing
01-27-2014, 09:06 AM
The bike I was working on had a dead stock filter, it only had 628 miles on it. I would much prefer a paper filter option, they are just so much better at actually filtering intake air.

jpduc
02-24-2014, 06:46 PM
Well I sent my ECU in to AF1 for the Rexxer remap. I will report after I get it back and have gone on a ride and flogged the Italian mistress.

jpduc
03-06-2014, 09:32 AM
I am due to receive the ECU back today. I will get it installed tonight and test it on Friday. I am hopeful that this will solve all the fueling issues. I will report after the test ride. Cheers.

lanter
03-06-2014, 04:48 PM
Awesome!!! Let us know :)

dfriz
03-13-2014, 12:17 AM
I am due to receive the ECU back today. I will get it installed tonight and test it on Friday. I am hopeful that this will solve all the fueling issues. I will report after the test ride. Cheers.

So have you had a chance to ride the DD with Rexxer remap?

jpduc
03-14-2014, 01:57 PM
I've got the ECU installed and taken several rides. Overall the fueling is noticeably smoother in lower gears at lower rpm. It is still a little abrupt when quickly closing the throttle. It is now not running extremely rich as it was. It is pretty balanced. I have yet to refuel so I don't know how much better the mileage will be. The power is comparable to before, maybe a little less which makes sense since the bike is not running as rich.

One thing to know is that you have to take the bike to an Aprilia dealer and have them reset the throttle position/learning. When the ECU is remapped it apparantly loses the 0% and 100% position of the throttle. After reinstalling the ECU, I started the bike and got the Urgent Service warning and twisting the throttle did nothing. I talked to Ed and he confirmed that the throttle position sensor had to be reset.

AF1 has since revised the website to indicate that you will have take the bike to a dealer to have the throttle reset if you don't take the bike to the AF1 shop.

Overall, I believe that this is worth it. I will report back when I run a few tanks of gas and get a mileage number.

Cheers,

Jim