PDA

View Full Version : Engine won't start, please help!

hyokoon
08-09-2013, 12:05 PM
Hi
When I put the key in and switched on, the front and rear light was on but the dash board, then the engine couldn't start :(.

I've tried with both key but sometime the dash board got the power, sometime it didn't.

What could be the cause, how can I start my bike :(

BTW, What is the meaning of the number on the keys, for example 8061.

Thanks!

hyokoon
08-10-2013, 01:13 PM
Anyone got this problem before? You have original keys, you also know the code... however, for some reasons, the immobiliser is faulty and then you can't start the engine. The worst thing is you are on tour with your friends, outside your country, no motorbike workshop, no aprilia service center here.

I have that problem right now and very frustrated.

lanter
08-10-2013, 05:32 PM
Never heard of this issue before. Maybe you can get into the menu and reprogram the keys. Does it crank at all? How's the voltage during crank?

hyokoon
08-11-2013, 09:57 AM
The instrument panel didn't turn on, couldn't crank the engine. When I removed then put back the battery, the instrument panel showed this code "M2dd 0002" for some seconds then turned off. I guess it is because of the immobiliser fault.

Mr.Dorso
08-11-2013, 09:13 PM
any loose wires going into the instrument panel? if dash board is coming on sometimes and not others maybe it's loose somewhere?

Chewy52
08-12-2013, 05:52 PM
Never heard of this issue before. Maybe you can get into the menu and reprogram the keys. Does it crank at all? How's the voltage during crank?
Hi Lanter,You need the Navigator system plugged into the bike to program the keys. I've had 1 episode where the bike wouldn't start, about 1.5 seconds of cranking then nothing. Got her fired up by bump starting her down a hill !!!

hyokoon
08-19-2013, 11:25 PM
I think I found the problem. The primary injection relay was mal-function, sometime it worked, sometime it didn't. After I changed the relay, the bike is ok so far.