PDA

View Full Version : Indicator problem

gadget
07-20-2013, 10:17 PM
Hey all, my front right indicator stopped working and the burnt out bulb alarm came up on the dash. I've just replaced it and the problem is still there. I switched the indicator over with the opposite side to see if it was faulty but it works fine on the other side. Have I blown a fuse? Any help greatly appreciated!

lanter
07-21-2013, 12:04 AM
I'd start by pulling bad bulb and check voltage right at the bulb socket

MikeySP307
07-24-2013, 01:02 PM
I had a similar experience on my recently purchased Shiver. After a week of intermittent blinker issues, I cleaned bulb sockets, applied di-electric grease, and put new bulbs in all four... only to have the same issues. A few days later, I was checking the exahust hanger bolts for tightness after an Akro install and noticed a wire pinched in the subframe. The previous owner had had the tail apart at some point and pinched the indicator wires during reassembly.

Long story short, take lanter's advice and start by checking voltage at the socket. After that, just start following wires at the socket back to source. There are not separate fuses for each indicator, so it's more than likely a wiring issue.