PDA

View Full Version : Clutch slipping...

TheBuilder
07-16-2013, 03:24 PM
Hey all, Has anyone had or heard of anyone have their clutch slip under moderate to heavy acceleration? The bike still has under 1000k on it.

TheBuilder
07-16-2013, 05:37 PM
Figured it out... Had to move the adjuster but on the clutch lever. :crowbar:

deanri
05-05-2014, 08:22 AM
Reviving and hijacking this thread as I'm having the same issue and seems to get worse as time goes on. Sometimes it's fine, when I first get going but as the engine gets hotter while riding it gets worse.

When under heavy acceleration the clutch slips as the RPM's kick up but the bike doesn't go. I also notice the clutch doesn't grab until the very end of travel. I've tried all 4 positions on the lever and it doesn't make a difference. Also checked the clutch springs and all are fine, none broken.

Anyone have an idea?

luzik
05-05-2014, 09:04 AM
Yes, one
Maybe some air in your pipes?
Bleed you cloutch pipes.
It is quite simple in dorso if you got any problems ..write.

TheBuilder
05-05-2014, 11:37 AM
Make sure there is some free play in the clutch lever. Around two or three millimeters of play before there is resistance when pulling in the lever.

deanri
05-05-2014, 08:22 PM
Thanks guys. I have some free play in the lever. I'll bleed the line so will see if that does the trick. I did hear stories that it may depend on the fluid. Does anyone know what fluid we should be using? I have some Motul DOT 5.1 brake fluid on hand. Will this work?

luzik
05-06-2014, 12:51 AM
It should not depend on fluid. Any dot4 dot5.1 should just work.
I am using same motul in my dorso.

duck21
05-06-2014, 07:24 PM
Its not the clutch slipping. It could more likely be your traction control making sure that you are not wheel spinning. It feels EXACTLY like clutch slip when traction control is coming on while accelerating (provided you are not wheeling, that is more abrupt).

Turn traction control off and then try. Just be aware the bike will wheelie freely with the TC off. To turn the TC off you select i using the button on the left bar, move the selector left until it reaches 1. Then hold the selector to the left for about 5 seconds and the 1 will turn to a dash. TC is now off and you can press the selector down to lock in your choice. You will know TC is off because the TC light on the dash will remain on all the time. You just reverse this process to turn TC back on.

Let me know how you go

mc18
05-07-2014, 12:11 AM
I put aftermarket levers on and didn't adjust the clutch lever correctly "no free play" clutch was slipping every now and then. Adjusted clutch free play and now it's all good.

deanri
05-07-2014, 06:13 AM
Its not the clutch slipping. It could more likely be your traction control making sure that you are not wheel spinning. It feels EXACTLY like clutch slip when traction control is coming on while accelerating (provided you are not wheeling, that is more abrupt).

Turn traction control off and then try. Just be aware the bike will wheelie freely with the TC off. To turn the TC off you select i using the button on the left bar, move the selector left until it reaches 1. Then hold the selector to the left for about 5 seconds and the 1 will turn to a dash. TC is now off and you can press the selector down to lock in your choice. You will know TC is off because the TC light on the dash will remain on all the time. You just reverse this process to turn TC back on.

Let me know how you go

Thanks, but I'm in the US, and the DD1200 doesn't come with TC or ABS. Just the different fuel mapping (Sport, Touring, Road/Rain).

I bled the line completely so I'll see how it goes this weekend when I take it out for a good thrashing.

luzik
05-07-2014, 01:28 PM
Does clutch grab faster after bleeding ?

trainman
05-07-2014, 01:44 PM
just a wild guess - is the engine oil ok, not been overheated, correct level etc or has it been changed recently and someone used a synth not designed for a wet clutch, I have seen it happen!

deanri
05-11-2014, 06:24 AM
Thanks all. Seems bleeding the fluid did the trick.