PDA

View Full Version : 'ECU Unplugged' symbol

scottuono
07-06-2013, 01:34 PM
Hi - was involved in an accident a few weeks back, guy pulled a u-turn in front of me. I'm mostly OK, bike is mostly OK except the boneheads
at the recovery yard turned the ignition switch to park lights and ran the battery flat. I'm just getting to it now and charged up the battery fully.
Installed it and ... I get an 'ECU Unplugged' symbol - which it isn't, and nothing else appears to be unplugged. Where do I start looking for this
error to correct and get it running again ?
TIA,

GreaseSnake
07-06-2013, 02:24 PM
Check the connector on the back of the clocks(need to remove front fairing for this). Then check the connections at the ecu under the pillion seat. See for any damages, poor seating and such.

scottuono
07-06-2013, 03:33 PM
Check the connector on the back of the clocks(need to remove front fairing for this). Then check the connections at the ecu under the pillion seat. See for any damages, poor seating and such.

Yup - found another post about the relays under the left side rear fairing - which I happen to hit with my boot heel on impact and shattered the fairing,
unplugged and broke both relay clips, and popped all 4 of the fairing snap clips. When I plugged in the relays, all systems go, bike fired right up.

Thanks!

GreaseSnake
07-06-2013, 03:37 PM
Sweet, nice when things are cheap and easy to fix.

mini_me
07-07-2013, 01:41 AM
FWIW the connector of the LHS switchgear can also generate this error.