PDA

View Full Version : Heated Grips

Globalone
06-28-2013, 01:59 PM
MY heated grips are here, collected from the dealer this afternoon so will fit in the morning.
They come with instructions (unlike the Alarm) so should be easy

Globalone
06-29-2013, 03:43 PM
These are the new bar ends - the longer one next to the origonal
and new grips plug and play according to the instructions

Globalone
07-05-2013, 11:25 AM
New bar ends are AP8706479

You have to ride the bike to activate, mine would not work in gear on the centre stand.

Mr Pope
07-06-2013, 03:51 AM
Are they actually easy to fit?

Globalone
07-06-2013, 01:44 PM
Simple
Screen off cover off 2nd cover off find 2 off female sockets
Bar ends and hand guards off
Split right hand switch and remove throttle cables from old grip,fit cables to new heated grip and fix switch block.
Remove left hand grip and fit new heated grip
Fit bar ends and hand guards
Run cables and plug in .
Fit covers and screen
Take for a ride and test

Philthunder
12-05-2015, 04:11 AM
Do these actually get HOT. When I tried the oem grips on the Stelvio they were OK for a cold summer day. Compared to Daytonas and Oxford they got so hot on high you could not hold the bars for long, you only used max on start up.

NOVA_RYAN
12-05-2015, 03:41 PM
They are hot to the ungloved hand on 3. They are warm through my winter gauntlets. 1 doesnt seem to do much. I am already running them on 2 or 3 on most days. I havent busted out my heated gloves yet when I normally would have by now.

Rockbyter
12-05-2015, 04:08 PM
One word will do..... Crap. Mine barely get warm even on setting three. Next time I go past the dealer i will mention it and see if things can be improved. I very much doubt it as looking at the wiring that feeds them it will not take a lot of current.

fredaroony
12-05-2015, 04:18 PM
One word will do..... Crap. Mine barely get warm even on setting three. Next time I go past the dealer i will mention it and see if things can be improved. I very much doubt it as looking at the wiring that feeds them it will not take a lot of current.

Mine worked ok but my idea of a cold day is 16c. The terminals they use in the connectors aren't brilliant and I would have changed them if I kept the bike. I bought the same terminals type, but better quality, and connectors Aprilia use for another project.

Philthunder
12-05-2015, 06:15 PM
Thats what I suspected, when I checked the Stelvio output on max it was showing 14.2v. I connected the grips to the battery directly and used an old Oxford regulator, they were then hot so I suspect they limit the ground return via the head unit. I used the grip feed from the head unit for my heated jacket, that was way too warm on max so it worked well restricted. I am glad of your views on the way the Aprilia's work, that has saved me forking out 126 I might try the R&G's they have a small controller and cheeeeeep :cheers: