PDA

View Full Version : Rear brake problem

zviadi
06-07-2013, 12:27 AM
The rear brake does not work well. To make it operational, it is necessary to pump a few times with his foot. Otherwise, it is completely pressed lever, almost vertically downward, and there is no braking.
Brakes bleed a month ago.

Before the Dorsoduro I had RSV Mille 1000 R, 2 season travel on it without rear brakes. Bleeding helped a maximum of 3-5 days.
Not again the same problem?

extreme67
06-07-2013, 03:07 AM
U must have a leak somwhere it seems like that the break cylinder or something is not keeping the presure up, thats why u have to pump it to make it work.

Micke

zviadi
06-07-2013, 04:12 AM
No leaks, all in an ideal ...
Perhaps the engine heats up the brake cylinder as in Mille and old Tuono, but that he pronounced in the Dorso outside, near the swingarm...
After a trip to the touch itself brake cylinder is hot.

lanter
06-07-2013, 03:34 PM
My rear brake have always sucked! Fronts have been great though. I has thinking about changing rear pads to see if it helps.

zviadi
06-10-2013, 12:34 AM
I read here in the forum that Mille and old Tuono rear calipers removed, inverted and bleeded in this form.
On the Dorsoduro I bleeded them as usual. Perhaps somewhere there is air.
In any case, will turn on the issue to the dealer. According to the results unsubscribe.

It is bad when the operation of such a good motorcycle emerge such troubles ...

jstuntlocke
06-10-2013, 08:33 PM
This is true. I had to remove caliper on my RSV Mille and bungee it upside down to the bike and bleed it that way.

One time the dealer tried to bleed the rear brake for me when I complained of spongy feel at the lever after I had just purchased it brand new. When I picked up the bike, I only made it a mile from the dealer when my rear brake locked up at 45mph, in traffic, and left me trying to push the bike from a busy intersection dragging a locked rear wheel!

They apoligized and came with a truck to retrieve the bike but left me stranded. It was only after my research that I discovered this method of bleeding the rear, and relayed information to shop manager so the technician could properly bleed my brakes. Now it is common knowledge.

It has been my experience with aprilia in general that it takes a while for the engineering to catch up to the real world scenarios. This experience/information then trickles down to the technicians and consumers as we all learn about how that engineering applies. Just sometimes not in that order.
Hang in there and be patient... I still love the brand but sometimes I also have to just trust in the process. (See my posts in the oil weep issue thread):cheers:

zviadi
06-11-2013, 03:28 AM
This thread?

http://www.apriliaforum.com/forums/showthread.php?262554-Oil-seep-issue

It's very serious...

jstuntlocke
06-12-2013, 09:20 PM
This thread?

http://www.apriliaforum.com/forums/showthread.php?262554-Oil-seep-issue

It's very serious...

Yes, but all better now. ....so far anyways.

Makes it easier to deal with a quirky brake bleeding process when you consider an engine that seeps oil like that right? :rolleyes:

zviadi
06-13-2013, 01:29 AM
I don't know

zviadi
06-14-2013, 03:08 AM
The rear brake bleed without removing and turning. Left a lot of air bubbles.
Now the brake is locked on him at the slightest tap.