PDA

View Full Version : Dyno Graph DD1200 with Arrow exhaust and DNA stage 2 filter

keithdavisau
05-24-2013, 03:30 AM
Had by bike run up on the dyno to have a look at the air/fuel ratio after the exhaust and air cleaner just to see where it was at. Came up with a pretty flat torque curve. Interestingly it makes more power in 6th gear than in 4th gear only 4hp and also about 3hp more in touring mode than in sport mode who would have thought. Anyway attached a picture of the best result of all the runs. Now for a Rexxer tune to see what results we get.

lanter
05-24-2013, 10:16 AM
Nice ! Thanks Keith. How's the air and fuel mixture look with your setup?

Edit: didn't see the second graph on my smartphone :)

keithdavisau
05-26-2013, 06:13 AM
Slightly lean below 6500rpm 6500-7500 about right then goes slightly lean again

lanter
05-26-2013, 10:00 AM
Are you running the arrow race map?

keithdavisau
05-27-2013, 03:03 AM
I don't know about arrow race map but its the map for arrow exhaust

lanter
05-31-2013, 10:03 PM
Wonder if the Fatduc would help with the fuel mixture?

motogp23
06-22-2013, 08:10 PM
I need some help in buying exhaust for my DD 1200 it is a 2011 and I was thinking of buying some GPR powercross slip-ons . Will this affect the bike mapping, I have the lates map in place. The bike is in the usa and the slip-on I am buying are from Italy. Will their be any problems they are only slip-ons.

extreme67
06-24-2013, 03:01 PM
I need some help in buying exhaust for my DD 1200 it is a 2011 and I was thinking of buying some GPR powercross slip-ons . Will this affect the bike mapping, I have the lates map in place. The bike is in the usa and the slip-on I am buying are from Italy. Will their be any problems they are only slip-ons.

Hi!
I have the GPR Furore Black Dual Mufflers, and i have the latest original map and i dont have any problems what so ever just a awsom sound :-)
Hit the link below and u will see some pictures and sound from my GPR system.
http://http://www.apriliaforum.com/forums/showthread.php?272731-Picture-and-sound-GPR-exhaust-on-DD1200 (http://www.apriliaforum.com/forums/showthread.php?272731-Picture-and-sound-GPR-exhaust-on-DD1200)

Mr.Dorso
09-16-2013, 07:15 PM
Wonder if the Fatduc would help with the fuel mixture?

+1
Trying to decide if it's worth purchasing the fatduc with the DNA stage 2..

Mr.Dorso
01-19-2014, 02:07 AM
Had by bike run up on the dyno to have a look at the air/fuel ratio after the exhaust and air cleaner just to see where it was at. Came up with a pretty flat torque curve. Interestingly it makes more power in 6th gear than in 4th gear only 4hp and also about 3hp more in touring mode than in sport mode who would have thought. Anyway attached a picture of the best result of all the runs. Now for a Rexxer tune to see what results we get.

Hi Keith did you do the Rexxer tune? I have arrow maps and DNA stage 2 with the fatduc, can't seem to get it right and its running like junk, now have the fatduc all the way off and still not right, surging and stalling every now and then.. Looking at the rexxer tuner some feedback would be great, cheers

keithdavisau
01-20-2014, 02:33 AM
No not yet as the Aussie Rexxer guy is not real confident with the map he has and i live in adelaide and he is in queensland 2500klms away so its not easy to do a custom map on the dyno. AF1 does have a post in service, send the ecu to them to load the rexxer map on then reinstall, might try this option over winter, weathers to good for riding to send my ecu on a holiday half way round the world.

Paul W
01-20-2014, 05:35 AM
Does he need a loc guinea pig? I'm in brisbane.

Mr.Dorso
01-20-2014, 05:57 PM
No not yet as the Aussie Rexxer guy is not real confident with the map he has and i live in adelaide and he is in queensland 2500klms away so its not easy to do a custom map on the dyno. AF1 does have a post in service, send the ecu to them to load the rexxer map on then reinstall, might try this option over winter, weathers to good for riding to send my ecu on a holiday half way round the world.

Cheers Keith. +1 on the weather, might do the same throughout winter.
I took the DNA filter and fatduc off yesterday and went for a small squirt, seems a lot smoother and no surging or stalling

keithdavisau
01-21-2014, 02:34 AM
His details are

Rexxer
Gary Naysmith
Phone 0423322175
International +61423322175

flightguide
01-23-2014, 05:36 AM
Hi Mr. Dorso,

I had exactly the same experience. Having a 2011 first with the old mapping and open leos. Bike was running smooth but stinks like petrol truck. Than upgrade to DNA Stage 2. First problems started with stalling. My Aprilia dealer recommended the latest mapping from 2013 and what can I say I got worse. So I decided to remove the DNA Stage 2 back to original. Its far better now but still not perfect. We have the whole year riding weather in Malaysia and I cant send my ECU around the world. It just sucks.

Micah / AF1 Racing
01-23-2014, 08:42 AM
My last one exhibiting this behavior was caused by bad demand sensor though the demand sensor was indeed in safe date range and the ecu thought the demand sensor was fine...fun to chase RBW issues if that is what you are fighting.

flightguide
01-23-2014, 10:09 AM
Dear Micah,
Thanks for your reply. I just found out that there was a re-call of the demand sensor some time ago. Is there any way to find out if my bike got a faulty one. I bought the bike new last year but production year is most probably 2011. Thanks for your support and greetings from KL.
Bernd

flightguide
01-23-2014, 10:12 AM
Btw. What you mean by RBW issues?

Micah / AF1 Racing
01-23-2014, 10:44 AM
I have no way to check a non USA VIN in my system for recall. If you have a 2011 it is affected, bad demand sensor date ranges go into the 2012 production year. Phone or email you dealer with VIN, the job pays decently at least here in the USA under recall so they should be more than happy to do the job.

RBW issues IMHO, are any issue with the ride by wire that makes the bike feel like having a cable throttle instead of an electronic throttle would be a better choice. There are a variety of RBW symptoms well documented on this forum, read up and see what you think in terms of how they match the feeling of your bike. With the latest stock _9 mapping or Arrow race mapping the bike should feel very smooth and responsive at all rpms and throttle positions. The Arrow mapping is much richer fueling, smoother response but not good fuel economy at all.

flightguide
01-23-2014, 09:49 PM
Thanks a lot for your support Micah

flightguide
01-27-2014, 09:11 PM
Finally after a long weekend riding the bike with abnormal backfiring I decided to move on most probably with the Rexxer. My Aprilia dealer just said that leo causes my problems and I should buy from him the Arrow with the Arrow mapping for big$$$. But for me there is no guarantee that the bike is running better with the Arrow and the arrow mapping.
Micah, what you think? Is the Rexxer a good upgrade for the DD1200. I'm pretty sure its a mapping problem because problems started with the official aprilia mapping update.

keithdavisau
01-28-2014, 12:52 AM
I have the Arrow pipes with DNA stage 2 filter and the DB killers installed as you can see by the dyno sheet it has fairly good power and a nice torque curve. It has the Arrow pipes program. I have never had it stall or had erratic revs. I do find it not very smooth at low revs/speed and find i need to slip the clutch on slow speed switchback type corners, i am sure there could be improvements made in this area and will look into the Rexxer some more over winter. I think the advantages of buying the Arrow pipes from the dealer outway the extra cost, (just my opinion).

Micah / AF1 Racing
01-28-2014, 01:30 AM
Rexxer is worth the effort IMHO. Make sure your bike is not under current recall for demand sensor. That would be step one.

flightguide
01-28-2014, 02:27 AM
Juss come back from Aprilia Dealer. They said my Bike is not effected. But now I got another Problem as well, it seems that the Ventilator doesn't work properly so I left the bike there.
Thursday I see the Rexxer guy and than I decide what to do. Thanks again for your help. I really appreciate that.

flightguide
01-29-2014, 06:25 AM
maybe I go first for the arrow can with arrow mapping and later for the rexxer if my wife doesn't kill me before........

Micah / AF1 Racing
01-29-2014, 09:42 AM
Just use the arrow mapping if you already have a slip on set you like, it will be rich but responsive and infinitely better throttle response and smoothness, no real loss of high rpm or heavy load power anywhere when used with anything other than Arrow pipes. The pass code is listed on Aprilia's dealer technical site, just have them search for it, its there.

stockell_mat
01-29-2014, 03:03 PM
Flightguide, I too had a misfire problem. It seemed to be coming from the front / airbox end of the bike, and would sometimes stall if I didn't catch it on the clutch. This appears to have been caused by a bad re-map and was solved by having the map re-installed.

flightguide
01-31-2014, 01:27 AM
All my problems are solved for now with Arrow Mapping. My dealer was not knowing about that and the advise from AF1 gave me my smile back. Today 110 km Banzai up and down with 9.3 liter petrol. But I don't care as long the bikes runs like hell.

flightguide
02-08-2014, 09:51 AM
A couple of days trouble free with a new demand sensor and the arrow mapping. Yesterday my Breakpump got stolen including mirrow and pazzo lever. After getting a new one I went for a spin and recovered a old problem when stopping at a traffic light. Suddenly bike increase and decrease the throttle with urgent service showing up. Switch of switch on and service remains until the next stop. Since demand sensor is just a week old I really run out of ideas. At the new Breakpump is the sensor for the breaklight not ok but can this bring the bike into urgent service? Any idea from you guys is most welcome.