PDA

View Full Version : Front end woes on my Dd1200

keithdavisau
05-19-2013, 07:16 AM
I have done about 5000kms on my DD1200 but have not been able to get comfortable with the front end. I have had a few front end slides at low speed and get high speed bar shake. I have tried all the usual adjustments but had no improvement. I discussed it with my Aprilia dealer at the 5k service but he was very disinterested mainly because bar shake only happens at high speed. I decided to have my forks revalved for my weight by the local suspension people Hoey suspension. When they stripped the compression leg they
found a faulty part. The thread appears to have been drilled and tapped crocked in the part that holds the valve and piston seal. See pictures. Now i have to wait for a replacement part from Italy as Aprilia have agreed to replace the cartridge under warranty.

Brinks_2
05-19-2013, 06:39 PM
That sounds dangerous, at least they are sorting it and you found it early. Tell us what it's like when it's fixed, will be interested to hear the difference.

Mr.Dorso
05-21-2013, 07:48 PM
So it was installed wrong from factory...!!!? Hmm not good. Can't see any pics...? Can you re post?

keithdavisau
05-22-2013, 04:21 AM
Not installed wrong from the factory but badly made component. It really should have been picked up during assembly of the forks. I have tried to upload pictures but doesn't seem to work don't no what I'm doing wrong

keithdavisau
05-22-2013, 04:23 AM
Pictures of fork piston rod

Mr.Dorso
05-22-2013, 06:45 PM
QA line must be drinking latte's... Maybe try uploading from computer if you have access to one. Hope you get the part soon Keith, good luck with it.

keithdavisau
05-23-2013, 07:42 AM
pictures of fork rod and valve

Brinks_2
05-25-2013, 04:39 PM
No way in the world was that going to work, as I said, better you got it now than finding out in painful way.