PDA

View Full Version : Aftermarket parts, suspension settings etc...

Moerdertaktiken
03-09-2013, 11:16 PM
Hey guys! I'm a brand new DD owner, just bought a 2011 1200 and have about 500 miles ridden on it so far. I love the bike! Ive already started planning for aftermarket parts, and was wondering if anyone here has done anything besides the basics (arrow exhaust, radiator cover), such as carbon fiber, hid kit or steering dampers? I've already installed an evotech tail tidy fender eliminator (which was a pain in the a$$!), and I'm currently working on getting carbon fiber tank panels, rear panel, hand guards, and front hugger from "carbon aramid cons." Also, does anyone have any experience installing an HID kit for the DD? I'm curious about where to mount the ballast. The suspension feels a bit awkward on the turns, and I have absolutely no experience in adjusting it myself. Any tips? I weigh 185 if that makes any difference? Last topic... I read the thread about a new map, does anyone have any experience with it? Anyways I'm looking forward to some awesome times on this bike, already lovin it! :)

lanter
03-15-2013, 09:35 AM
The Hyperpro steering damper for the 750 will fit. There's a thread somewhere on here about the damper. As far as aftermarket parts, the only ones I found were right here at AF1. Gongratz on the DD1200 !

Brinks_2
03-19-2013, 12:48 AM
Carbon aramid - george grat, on the forum does some cool gear.