PDA

View Full Version : Ready to go race

mra35
05-10-2004, 08:00 AM
Well after a bit of work, I have got the bike set to start my sixth season of racing. The bike is pretty much ready to go, just needs a bit of final tuning on the track. The suspension is still a bit soft, and I think I still need to get the front down more. I always liked my gsxr setup with the tailhigh/front low, but I am not sure were to go with this one. Out of curiosity, how many lines are most of you who race showing on the front? I still need to thow a few more goodies on the bike, but those will come as the wallet allows.

Oh and yah I know the Lion is the MS lion, but I needed to fill the space and I think it came out pretty good. Besides the avearage person here in the states doesn't know the diff. :D

clarkie49
05-10-2004, 08:14 AM
good stuff :rambo:

what year model is your RSV-R and what tires are you running, i also run my bike nose low/tail high so i might be able to give you a good starting point :)

mra35
05-10-2004, 08:19 AM
It's a 2000.5 R and I'll be thowing Michelin slicks on it for the first weekend. I have always raced with Pilots, so I will start with the Michelins since I know kinda what they do, but may switch to Dunlop If I dont like them.

Scooter
05-10-2004, 02:01 PM
MRA35- Nice bike.. best of luck in your season. I will be up at La Junta for the SMRI race this year- maybe see you up there.

I just switched to Mich Slicks for this year. The rear is a very tall tire in the sense of overall diameter. The difference between the slick and DOT Michelin is the equivalent of a one tooth rear sprocket difference- just so you know. I liked them a lot once I got used to them.

Hope to see you at La Junta.

jayrz
05-17-2004, 09:25 AM
Ahem,,, yeah. Unfortunately I saw how great it looked when jason passed me yesterday in the supertwins race.....

Good ride Jason, I'll try to have something more for you next time.

Jay

Bertha
05-17-2004, 05:18 PM
I stopped by and said hi to you yesterday, your bike looks great! It was nice to see 2 Aprilia at the track!

mra35
05-18-2004, 07:00 AM
Actually there were three Aprilias out there. Hey Jay that was a fun race. It's been a long time since I had fun racing. This bike is so easy to ride fast. You just need to work on the braking a bit. I was killing you going into turn three.
Looks like I need to throw some stuff at the bike to make a few more ponies so that I can compete with the TL's up front.

Thanks for the race Jay.

kneedragginchic
05-19-2004, 12:21 PM
Good luck this year!!!!!!

:peace: