PDA

View Full Version : Opinion on this?

Relentlessmk4
01-09-2013, 11:45 AM
Okay , so I saw a YZF125 for 1000 and wondered why it was so cheap so I sent him an email asking about it , few weeks later i got this

"My Yamaha YZF R125 is in excellent condition with no issues. I'm asking 1000 for a fast sale. The bike is currently located in Glasgow because I just finished the divorce with my wife and I have moved here. I will sell the bike only using eBay's services, this way you'll get access to the buyer protection service (refund policy available), 3 days to inspect the bike and I'll be sure that I have a genuine buyer that isn't going to mess me around. Where are you located? Please email me as soon as you see this message because I have few other people interested in this bike.
Delivery can be arranged."

Glasgow is way to far away for me to go and look at the bike so I replied saying that I'm too far away but if I could someone see the bike id buy it, he then replied with this.

"I'm working with Royal Dutch Shell on the Gannet Alpha platform, an oil rig located 113 miles from Aberdeen Scotland, so pick up is not possible but I can have the bike delivered to you for 100. However, before any delivery can be done I want to be sure that we do this transaction in the safest mode possible for both of us. I recommend we do the transaction using eBay's buyer protection service since they offer the highest rate of safety and reliability during online transactions.

eBay will act as a third party between us to create confidence; you will also have access to a refund policy on this transaction, no obligation to buy and no fees involved if you won't accept the transaction's terms.

If for some reason, you won't keep the bike (I assure you that is NOT going to happen since my bike is in IMMACULATE condition) I will take it back on MY EXPENSE and eBay will send you your money back.

From the moment you receive the bike you have 3 days to inspect it. If it's not like I said or something is not ok with it you can reject it and eBay will fully refund you and the bike will be delivered back to me on my expense.

The bike will be delivered directly to your requested address as soon as I will have the payment confirmation.

In order to go ahead with the sale I need your ebay member id, full name and address for delivery.

Thank you,"

This seems a bit dodgey to me or would paying through ebay and paypal make it 100% for what hes saying?Yes I know its a yamaha but im only asking you guys cause most of you have much more experience than me and tend to know your shit.

Thanks!

chrism15
01-09-2013, 12:02 PM
never payed for anything through paypal or ebay but the best thing to do is actually ask paypal.. because they are the ones carrying out the transaction and im pretty sure paypal CAN refund your money in some circumstances from other people.

personally i like to look at the bike in person and inspect it.. then make a offer or pay the asking price if it is fair

however doing it my way restricts what you can buy alot since travelling takes time which can make buying over the internet a god send

when i first read that he worked on A oil rig i thought oh here we go its going to turn into some excuse and a big story ect but then i realised that it is quiete a common job in scotland (my dad lives up there)

my advice is get as much info as possible, pics and send paypal plenty of emails JUST INCASE its a scam so you keep your money

Relentlessmk4
01-09-2013, 12:21 PM
Posted a thread on the paypal board seeing if id be able to get my money back .. heres the bike http://postimage.org/gallery/956fnnq/

Relentlessmk4
01-09-2013, 12:42 PM
Going to let it go, Paypal wont do anything if its a scam

PayPal Buyer Protection only applies to PayPal payments for certain tangible, physical goods. Payments for the following are not eligible for re-imbursement under PayPal Buyer Protection:

intangible items

services

real estate (including, without limitation, residential property)

businesses

vehicles (including, without limitation, motor vehicles, motorcycles, caravans, aircraft and boats),

custom made items

travel tickets (including, without limitation, airline flight tickets)

items prohibited by the PayPal Acceptable Use Policy

items that violate eBay’s Prohibited or Restricted Items Policy

licences

access to digital content

industrial machinery used in manufacturing

items equivalent to cash (including, without limitation, gift cards)

Items purchased using Zong, Website Payments Pro or Virtual Terminal

Personal Transaction payments

chrism15
01-09-2013, 12:54 PM
it was very cheap price so you are right to be wary.

maybe look into a 2 stroke 125, you wont regret it :burnout:

for 1000 you have plenty of choice when it comes to getting a 2 stroke 125 (and you can get a decent one for that price too!!!)

suzuki Rg 125

aprilia RS125 are easy to get hold of espcially for that price, usually around 800

and so on (apart from the aprilia Mx 125 and the aprilia Sx 125 which seem to be over priced for no real reason apart from performance wise they are awesome)

Relentlessmk4
01-09-2013, 01:09 PM
it was very cheap price so you are right to be wary.

maybe look into a 2 stroke 125, you wont regret it :burnout:

for 1000 you have plenty of choice when it comes to getting a 2 stroke 125 (and you can get a decent one for that price too!!!)

suzuki Rg 125

aprilia RS125 are easy to get hold of espcially for that price, usually around 800

and so on (apart from the aprilia Mx 125 and the aprilia Sx 125 which seem to be over priced for no real reason apart from performance wise they are awesome)

Getting a 2 stroke was my original plan but I start a job next week and that would be my only way to get there which would be about 20miles a day and I thought it would kill the poor little 2 stroke :/

chrism15
01-09-2013, 01:54 PM
it would be fine for a two stroke?

find one in good condition (not abused) / run it on the best oil available / warm it up before screaming it - what will go wrong?

i use my Suzuki Rg fun 125 for everything, to and from college, long hard rides with bigger 400cc and 600cc bikes, sometimes on motorways - my bike has always started on the button and i think using it regulary helps.

alot of people are under the miss conception of two strokes arent capable of being reliable but its just not the case, the main issue is people buy them when they have been abused and rode at silly rpms everywhere in which case it doesnt matter how you treat it because it will be wanting a re-build.

granted the RS 125 has a bad reputation but it isnt the only 2 stroke 125 out there, it is just the most common

look at the thread in the RS50 section on what 125 to buy, plenty of info throughout

one thing with supermoto 125s is they are often ragged like the yamaha dt 125... everyone wheelies them because they do it very well! but anyone ever notice the little red light on the dash ?? yep thats the two stroke oil light meaning they are running X metres regulary without oil and some of these guys can do long wheelies

the issue with some sport bike 125s is that people leave the two stroke to run right down and them leffkfdjkkcsjjko it seizes down the road and trashes the cylinder (a mate with a RS 125 did this even though he spent ALOT on petrol a week).. he treated it badly even with a cold engine but it always started on the button until it ran out of oil

find one thats been treated right and full of oil

take care of it and it will take care of you

Relentlessmk4
01-09-2013, 02:17 PM
Problem being is on the way to work I get onto main roads straight away and the limit is 50mph , would I be able to do 50mph on a cold engine?

chrism15
01-09-2013, 02:36 PM
on a 2 stroke 125, 50mph is peice of cake mate

i dont like to push my engine cold too

if i short shift like hell to keep the revs low it will cruise no problem at 65mph

then once warm it will scream right up close to 100mph and do it quickly!!

apriliamandan
01-09-2013, 03:50 PM
why do people think 2 strokes are more unreliable than a 4 stroke? Theres less to go wrong and far more simpler to fix!

chrism15
01-09-2013, 04:08 PM
why do people think 2 strokes are more unreliable than a 4 stroke?

because the majority of them have been abused, they are quick bikes and some people get carried away and ride it on its limits and sell them.. the next owner treats it properly but at this stage the engine is ready for a re-build and they have nothing but problem starting ect

buy one in good condition, preferable low mile but dont think that the milage is the be all and end all because even if its higher milage it may have had a recent re-build. look at the condition.. not the age! (iv seen 2010 models in a right mess, and my 20 year old RG has ran perfectly with some hard riding)

buy a good condition one / use the best quality oil available / warm it up for `10mins - 15mins every time before screaming it / keep the maintance up aswel as cleaning - it will be spot on

a compression tester can tell you alot about how tight the engine is internally but then you have to listen for knocks or squeeling and see how she starts and runs

i stick by 'take care of it and it will take care of you'

RS_Roadrage
01-09-2013, 04:22 PM
I thought paypal only covered you for like 500? May be rong though! It does seam wierd though how many times he repeats the word about refund and staying safe? Whats his feedback like? Sounds as if hes either a new member to ebay or slightly dodgey! But you know the old saying 'never judge a book by its cover' well this seems like the right expression! Get some more pictures is probably best, speek to him over the phone and try establish his character is te best option i belive

RossSimpson97
01-10-2013, 08:53 AM
i live 2 mines outside glasgow

Relentlessmk4
01-10-2013, 09:29 AM
I've gave it a miss , isn't worth the risk. Going to get a rs125 and a car instead.

chrism15
01-10-2013, 09:40 AM
well if Ross had some free time then maybe he could take a look for you, at least then you know if its legit ect

but on the subject of the RS125... it will certanly put a smile on your face :D and you have the car ready incase you have issues.. no worries there

Relentlessmk4
01-10-2013, 09:55 AM
With the weather always being shite ill need a car and I guess it would, just need to find the right one:)!

chrism15
01-10-2013, 11:25 AM
the issues with a car is running one is very very expensive, insurance is a big chunk in the first place but the amount your going to pay a week to fill your tank will be ridiculous.

you should be able to get a decent 98 - 05 RS 125 for around 800 - 1000 no problem

gookies
01-10-2013, 11:36 AM
If you're worried, you are covered with Ebay and Paypal. As a secondary measure, use your credit card to pay through Paypal. That way, if something happens, you are covered with your credit card company and could say it was a fraud charge, and they'll reverse it.

apriliamandan
01-10-2013, 11:38 AM
because the majority of them have been abused, they are quick bikes and some people get carried away and ride it on its limits and sell them.. the next owner treats it properly but at this stage the engine is ready for a re-build and they have nothing but problem starting ect

buy one in good condition, preferable low mile but dont think that the milage is the be all and end all because even if its higher milage it may have had a recent re-build. look at the condition.. not the age! (iv seen 2010 models in a right mess, and my 20 year old RG has ran perfectly with some hard riding)

buy a good condition one / use the best quality oil available / warm it up for `10mins - 15mins every time before screaming it / keep the maintance up aswel as cleaning - it will be spot on

a compression tester can tell you alot about how tight the engine is internally but then you have to listen for knocks or squeeling and see how she starts and runs

i stick by 'take care of it and it will take care of you'

I think its down to the horrific lack of knowledge on combustion engines nowadays! Shameful.

Like you say, treat it right, like you should, it'll be fine forever!

My dad has a Francis barnett 1950 Falcon 200cc Villiers 6e 2 stroker and that has done god knows how many miles, but still on standard piston and rings with very high compression! I guess it isnt highly strung, but it shows when looked after, it'll keep on going.

With an Rs125, you'll love it Relentless. However, you thought about a bigbore kit instead, might free up some money for you're car and will make the bike so much more lively!

Relentlessmk4
01-10-2013, 12:14 PM
Looking at the price of a bore kit, zaust,carb ect,ect comes to about 400 even more if I look at clutch and stuff, this is about the same price ill have to pay for a 125. I'm guessing ill get about 1000 for my bike so it would come to about 1400 which could get me a nice rs125 maybe even the 06> if im lucky

chrism15
01-10-2013, 12:27 PM
I think its down to the horrific lack of knowledge on combustion engines nowadays! Shameful.

Like you say, treat it right, like you should, it'll be fine forever!

My dad has a Francis barnett 1950 Falcon 200cc Villiers 6e 2 stroker and that has done god knows how many miles, but still on standard piston and rings with very high compression! I guess it isnt highly strung, but it shows when looked after, it'll keep on going.

With an Rs125, you'll love it Relentless. However, you thought about a bigbore kit instead, might free up some money for you're car and will make the bike so much more lively!

its not neccasaryly down to lack of knowledge, it is down to them being treated badly and sold on.. two strokes are not as durable as a 4 stroke engine but even 4 strokes can give up if they live life on red line.

like i said treating it right is a massive factor with any bike, particulary two strokes who need a little care to pull them along in which case they can be just as reliable but nothing lasts forever and two strokes always need a re-build no matter how you treat it, the difference is that if you abuse it and use cheap oil you can get 5000 miles out of it but if you treat it well and use good oils then you can get 10000 miles without any issues (just a example.. not real life numbers). - you can get some real milage out of a two stroke if you try! but then your not having enough fun on it. the difference with most 4 strokes is they are lower revving and can do serious milage.

ah the old villiers engines, i have a old book telling you everything about them which im 3 quaters of the way through. you cant really compare those engines to the modern day two strokes because they are completly difference in terms of performance. the book is from many many yrs ago that 'the villiers engineering co., Ltd' put together including everything from maintanence/how everything works/materials/performance and other specifications. i was surprised to read how great the fuel econemy was but where they shine in fuel efficency they lack massivly in power... the 249cc (2.5 hp) engine had a top speed of around 60mph but fuel consumption of 70 - 80mpg and a oil consumption of 1,800 - 2,000 mpg. the engines were much much simplier and with the performance they gave everything had much much less strain/wear on the majority of components

i think it would be cheaper for him to get a decent 125 rather than to spend the same money onto his RS50 (if he wanted a decent set up at the least)

apriliamandan
01-10-2013, 12:47 PM
its not neccasaryly down to lack of knowledge, it is down to them being treated badly and sold on.. two strokes are not as durable as a 4 stroke engine but even 4 strokes can give up if they live life on red line.

like i said treating it right is a massive factor with any bike, particulary two strokes who need a little care to pull them along in which case they can be just as reliable but nothing lasts forever and two strokes always need a re-build no matter how you treat it, the difference is that if you abuse it and use cheap oil you can get 5000 miles out of it but if you treat it well and use good oils then you can get 10000 miles without any issues (just a example.. not real life numbers). - you can get some real milage out of a two stroke if you try! but then your not having enough fun on it. the difference with most 4 strokes is they are lower revving and can do serious milage.

ah the old villiers engines, i have a old book telling you everything about them which im 3 quaters of the way through. you cant really compare those engines to the modern day two strokes because they are completly difference in terms of performance. the book is from many many yrs ago that 'the villiers engineering co., Ltd' put together including everything from maintanence/how everything works/materials/performance and other specifications. i was surprised to read how great the fuel econemy was but where they shine in fuel efficency they lack massivly in power... the 249cc (2.5 hp) engine had a top speed of around 60mph but fuel consumption of 70 - 80mpg and a oil consumption of 1,800 - 2,000 mpg. the engines were much much simplier and with the performance they gave everything had much much less strain/wear on the majority of components

i think it would be cheaper for him to get a decent 125 rather than to spend the same money onto his RS50 (if he wanted a decent set up at the least)

2 strokes may not be as durable as a 4 stroke engine, however there is less to go wrong, no cams or valves to worry about. Personally, i wouldnt think twice about using a 2 stroke for transport everyday, lets face it, its been done through the <<< 50's,60's,70's,80's >>>>!! Cant be much wrong with them! haha.
Also i think the un reliability is down to the fact we are talking such very small engines here, under 125cc's doing 70mph is truly amazing! Cant have both worlds unfortunately.

Yes Chris, Villiers engines were like the practicle, workmans bikes of the 50's and 60's.....lovely engines! Also VERY VERY tunable! Our 200cc villiers will do 60mph, that isnt too shabby considering its a 1950 bike!

I guess it might be cheaper for him to just buy a 125, however its going to cost + or - 2 grand for anything decent, even then it wouldnt be what i'd call mint. So plus 500 worse case onto that. My point is, if your bike is mint and you know what your bike is about then you might find you'd have a better bike in the end keeping ur rs50 with a 80cc kit. Just a thought!

chrism15
01-10-2013, 01:15 PM
2 strokes may not be as durable as a 4 stroke engine, however there is less to go wrong, no cams or valves to worry about. Personally, i wouldnt think twice about using a 2 stroke for transport everyday, lets face it, its been done through the <<< 50's,60's,70's,80's >>>>!! Cant be much wrong with them! haha.
Also i think the un reliability is down to the fact we are talking such very small engines here, under 125cc's doing 70mph is truly amazing! Cant have both worlds unfortunately.

I guess it might be cheaper for him to just buy a 125, however its going to cost + or - 2 grand for anything decent, even then it wouldnt be what i'd call mint. So plus 500 worse case onto that. My point is, if your bike is mint and you know what your bike is about then you might find you'd have a better bike in the end keeping ur rs50 with a 80cc kit. Just a thought!

i agree totally

give or take 2 grand for what? to buy a decent 125 or for a 80cc set up. thats just not the case... iv seen plenty of real good condition 125s for just over a grand (excluding the mito / MX which are just plainly over priced due to performance). you may be getting 'close' to 1500 with a decent 80cc set up with all the extras but that is 1500 straight out of his pocket and he wont get that money back on re-sale. if he gets a 125 now then he will get the same if not more performance from a 2 stroke 125 which he can buy with the money he gets for selling his RS50 mostly stock. i paid 600 for my suzuki rg 125 and yes it is far from mint condition but when i bought it the only thing missing was the side panels.. thats it!! there not as expensive as you think (obviously you get some idiots who buy a 125cc bike brand new and never use it for over 5000 then a few yrs down the line they expect to sell their 'mint condition' bike for 3000 when you can get some real clean bikes for up to 1500

apriliamandan
01-10-2013, 01:49 PM
i agree totally

give or take 2 grand for what? to buy a decent 125 or for a 80cc set up. thats just not the case... iv seen plenty of real good condition 125s for just over a grand (excluding the mito / MX which are just plainly over priced due to performance). you may be getting 'close' to 1500 with a decent 80cc set up with all the extras but that is 1500 straight out of his pocket and he wont get that money back on re-sale. if he gets a 125 now then he will get the same if not more performance from a 2 stroke 125 which he can buy with the money he gets for selling his RS50 mostly stock. i paid 600 for my suzuki rg 125 and yes it is far from mint condition but when i bought it the only thing missing was the side panels.. thats it!! there not as expensive as you think (obviously you get some idiots who buy a 125cc bike brand new and never use it for over 5000 then a few yrs down the line they expect to sell their 'mint condition' bike for 3000 when you can get some real clean bikes for up to 1500

I was saying 2 grand for a decent 125. Depends Chris on what 125 bike you get. Yes i agree, you got a bargain and lovely 125 (your Rg125fun) for 600 but im many cases 2 grand is the budget needed for a good 125 bike. Take a look on ebay, look at the YZF R125's.....they're in the region of 2.5 grand! Expensive yes! Plus if a R125 goes wrong, thats alot of money for replacement parts....Yamaha for you. Also i have seen plenty of RS125's (2 stroke model) for 2grand and ALOT of rs125's under 2k look okay but need tlc like head stock bearings, wheel bearings, top end etc. Yeah im alittle sad, spending my whole life looking at 125's lol

On the other hand, you could pick up a cosmetically challenged 125 (like my phrasing?) for alot less as many teenager will be put off by the look of the bike.

A 125 that can be picked up cheap is a yamaha DT125, best 125 imo.

For a decent big bore set up for the rs50 ;

BBK = 180
crank = 150
carb = 80
reeds = 20
exhaust = 130 (if you dont already have one?)
Clutch springs = 10 (stiffer items)

Thats a maximum of 600 for a decent big bore set up. Just thought id let you know to open the options up!

Im in agreement with you Chris, you and I could pick up a cosmetically challenged but good machanically 125 2 stroker like you RG for about a grand. :)

chrism15
01-10-2013, 03:29 PM
you can get lots of very clean RS125s for close to 1500 with ease, there really is no need to spend 2000 unless you desire a mito or a MX

the YZF is a another class entirely when it comes to price, they are very new and the majority of them were bought new for around 5000 in which case they will sell for up to 2000

the old type RS125 is common as hell, to prove my point on how you can get a real nice 125 for little over a grand... remember my mate who had that RS 125 last yr but seized it? (due to him never filling it with oil, not down to the bike.. p.s it lasted 2 months without any oil) well have a guess how much he paid for that.. 900 - and i can tell you now that you wouldnt have been able to pick up a cleaner 04 model. it was amazingly clean and ran beutifully

at the end of the day you can spend ridiculous amounts of money on any size bike... but do you really need to?

apriliamandan
01-10-2013, 03:59 PM
[QUOTE=
at the end of the day you can spend ridiculous amounts of money on any size bike... but do you really need to?[/QUOTE]

I guess Chris....I'm just a little strange, everything has to be correct on my bikes.
Yes, those YZF's are very expensive, but actually quite popular where i live! Sound and look bloody nice aswell!

Trouble is with older bikes, they've been thrashed, abused and crashed.....for me, that puts me off any older bike UNLESS im going to do a full restoration....just like i have done with my RS50!

chrism15
01-10-2013, 04:10 PM
this annoys me when people say 'old bikes' have been trashed, alot of my mates say this all the time when it is not the case at all

sure they have had more time which 'could' have been time of abuse but what about if it has been re-built since then (engine) and taken care of?

iv seen a few 2010 bikes last year which were in a right state all round

when i look at the bike i dont care about age, i look at the things that matter like CURRENT CONDITION.. milage, the background of the owner im buying it from. alot of the time i have noticed i prefer the 90s bikes over any other for no particular reason

look at it this way, what if i bought that RS125 of my mate who seized it last year.. at the moment its in bits in his garage with the engine dropped out.. sure its been abused like hell (i mean serious revs from cold and wheeling) but i could re-build it and ride it for a year with no problems and sell it, why should that put anyone off?

ALOT of bikes get abused from any age, even when under a year old

you did a fantastic job with your RS50, it is litrally MINT con.. but doesnt mean that you cant go out and buy a RS50 in similar condition or close too

apriliamandan
01-10-2013, 05:49 PM
this annoys me when people say 'old bikes' have been trashed, alot of my mates say this all the time when it is not the case at all

sure they have had more time which 'could' have been time of abuse but what about if it has been re-built since then (engine) and taken care of?

iv seen a few 2010 bikes last year which were in a right state all round

when i look at the bike i dont care about age, i look at the things that matter like CURRENT CONDITION.. milage, the background of the owner im buying it from. alot of the time i have noticed i prefer the 90s bikes over any other for no particular reason

look at it this way, what if i bought that RS125 of my mate who seized it last year.. at the moment its in bits in his garage with the engine dropped out.. sure its been abused like hell (i mean serious revs from cold and wheeling) but i could re-build it and ride it for a year with no problems and sell it, why should that put anyone off?

ALOT of bikes get abused from any age, even when under a year old

you did a fantastic job with your RS50, it is litrally MINT con.. but doesnt mean that you cant go out and buy a RS50 in similar condition or close too

From my experience Chris, when a AVERAGE teenager buys a motorbike, it gets thrashed, dropped and thrashed some more! Its what happens to leaner bikes!
Yeah, the likes of you and I can rebuild them to minters, and have a like new bike and save alot of money! I agree with you there! :)
Like you say even 2010 learner bikes can look screwed, i dread to think what the average 50 or 125 looks like after 10 years or so of the abuse!

Its different with big bikes, they're adult owned, treated better, in general! Not always!

I guess its not always the case, but teenagers do abuse bikes terribly and yes they can be rebuild by someone practical, but not everyone is like us Chris.

Do you see what im saying, or am i just chatting rubbish? lol I dunno

I

chrism15
01-10-2013, 06:58 PM
i can see what your saying ;)

ryanperkins
01-11-2013, 03:09 PM
i do atleats 20miles aday going to college and back, then back out at night ;) im sure a 125 would take that EASY

chrism15
01-12-2013, 03:31 PM
my experience with the RG has been good up to now

it blew a piston yesterday LOL... i guess 4 hours of hard riding was too much including motorway stretches. but i blame it on myself over revving the hell out of it haha

ah well i spent all day stripping it down and having 2 bolts completly seized up from previous owners over torque'ing them no doubt which added endless time working on it but was a really easy job. all thats left for me to do is measure up the bore and order a new piston then re-assemble

but its always fired right up in a morning so im pleased with it :p:

when it blew on me i was on a busy country road late at night which was a bit heart renching getting out of the way without getting wiped out but as i was at the side of the road a bike flew passed me... i saw him jam on his breaks and spin around to come back for me, a guy on a suzuki sv (either 650 or the 1000) and he asked if i was ok or needed a lift - TOP BLOKE! :D i guess he saw me in his mirrors as it was on bend

if your going to use your bike regulary for distance then its not a problem at all, il stand by that two strokes can be reliable no matter what... but dont get carried away with the revs ;) my bike is mostly for weekend fun but i use it everyday

take care of it and it will take care of you - i should have this as my signiture :lol: !!

Relentlessmk4
01-12-2013, 04:15 PM
my experience with the RG has been good up to now

it blew a piston yesterday LOL... i guess 4 hours of hard riding was too much including motorway stretches. but i blame it on myself over revving the hell out of it haha

ah well i spent all day stripping it down and having 2 bolts completly seized up from previous owners over torque'ing them no doubt which added endless time working on it but was a really easy job. all thats left for me to do is measure up the bore and order a new piston then re-assemble

but its always fired right up in a morning so im pleased with it :p:

when it blew on me i was on a busy country road late at night which was a bit heart renching getting out of the way without getting wiped out but as i was at the side of the road a bike flew passed me... i saw him jam on his breaks and spin around to come back for me, a guy on a suzuki sv (either 650 or the 1000) and he asked if i was ok or needed a lift - TOP BLOKE! :D i guess he saw me in his mirrors as it was on bend

if your going to use your bike regulary for distance then its not a problem at all, il stand by that two strokes can be reliable no matter what... but dont get carried away with the revs ;) my bike is mostly for weekend fun but i use it everyday

take care of it and it will take care of you - i should have this as my signiture :lol: !!

How did you manage to get it back home?

I think im sticking with my rs50 as I cant be bothered with the effort of selling it then buying a 125 which could lead to problems if its a bad one and you guys are doing a lot of miles on yours so im happy with its reliability! :)

(A bit off topic) Think im getting belly panel done next week I think ( Bad photoshop), what do you think about it:)

http://i.imgur.com/MHfXJ.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/7ZuKL.jpg

chrism15
01-12-2013, 04:33 PM
i like it ;)

and well i was really lucky tbh, i decided to go for a real long ride out of the way... and plenty of motorway riding. at the end of the day i decided to finish up down my favorite country roads in (i have lots of family around this area). and it went bang about 10mins away from where some family live so i left it there and sent a car to pick up my box of tools .

i was tempted when that bloke on the suzuki sv stopped and asked if i wanted a lift :D

it was my fault rather than the bikes, luckily the crank showed no signs of where or excesive play so its just time for a new piston to bump the compression back up

nathan k
01-21-2013, 11:19 PM
Made me laugh, If you didn't realize it's a scam by the third line you need a reality check. Try buying a outboard and you'll get about 9/10 of them being these twats trying to con you.