PDA

View Full Version : Sxv 450

Sinistermille
05-06-2004, 03:20 PM
Is this Supermoto going to be street legal and available in the states?

The Sinister One...

Thrill
05-25-2005, 10:54 AM
I don't know when, but it can't be soon enough!
Sign me up for a SXV550....

Bene
05-26-2005, 03:18 PM
Yep and there awesome I love mine !

Got ya !!!!!!!!!!!

JoeKher
05-31-2005, 07:39 AM
Is this Supermoto going to be street legal and available in the states?

The Sinister One...It depends on the Italians.

If they bring over the current race motored version then probably not street legal (but could be dual sported) If they wait to re-engineer the motor to make it street worthy then it will come street legal. Either way, they aren't ready to ship them to the states even though the dealers want it in the race only form.

Sinistermille
06-16-2005, 01:05 PM
It depends on the Italians.

If they bring over the current race motored version then probably not street legal (but could be dual sported) If they wait to re-engineer the motor to make it street worthy then it will come street legal. Either way, they aren't ready to ship them to the states even though the dealers want it in the race only form.

I guess in the meantime I am getting the Husky 610 in Black/Gray since that hits the states in Aug and my Aprilia Dealer is selling them :)

JoeKher
06-16-2005, 01:47 PM
Nice bike! :rolleyes:

skyhigh31
06-22-2005, 02:35 AM
Yes, it will be in the states in the fall.

That is according to an interview with the current CEO of aprilia, posted in the June issue of Motor Cycle Sport and Leisure. Both the enduro and the supermoto will be street legal.

One can only hope it is true.

Lee

JoeKher
06-22-2005, 07:24 AM
One can only hope it is true.Are you holding your breath?

I'm not!

I want to see them as bad as the next guy, but I have doubts that the Italians listened to the USA dealers at all.

PJFZ1
07-05-2005, 10:49 AM
Hi Guys - new to the Board here..

I do demo events for Aprilia, and at the Honda Hoot we got the first SXV 550 to display... Maybe it's just eye candy, but why would one even be here?
As far as re-engineering to make it street worthy - There are several configurations as it is in development, and that won't be an issue.

It will be on display at laguna, and also at the Mid-Ohio Vintage meet - I'll be tehre doing demos - stop by and say hi!

b1200
07-12-2005, 12:43 PM
I saw the 450 Supermoto bike at Laguna Seca. It has a very unique exhaust, exiting just in front and above the rear tire. I'd love to have pics, but didn't have a camera.

Can anyone please post pics of this bike, particularly the exhaust?

Thank you.

Tim