PDA

View Full Version : Just bought one

BeemerGuyNJ
03-20-2002, 08:53 PM
Hi all - I've been reading the board once in a while for the past few months. I can tell that we're all waiting with huge anticipation for this bike. Decided to finally post a message after BUYING A CAPONORD on Saturday!

My dealer in northern NJ received their first Caponord, a Nero Black model, on Wednesday the 13th. They called me that afternoon and I was there right after work to check it out. The matte black finish was actually nicer than in the pictures. I sat on the bike and that confirmed what I have been thinking all these months: I gotta get one of these bikes.

I had been debating about buying either a BMW GS1150 (I have an '88 R100RS), or the Caponord, but seeing the bike in person made up my mind.

After assuring my wife that I would have enought left in the bank for her new bathroom, I went back on Saturday and ordered a Caponord in Jet Silver. No word yet on delivery, but they expect it will be no longer than three weeks. It was written up including the hardbags in the price as part of the "First 100" promotion, but I wouldn't be surprised if the bags are delayed.

Can't wait to get in the saddle and start rolling up the break-in miles. I'll post more when I can.

Regards, MartyT

- 02 Aprilia ETV1000 (!!!)
- 88 BMW R100RS
- 86 Kawi ZX1000R

johnlcaponord
03-20-2002, 09:24 PM
congratulations....you'll love it...

BeemerGuyNJ
04-03-2002, 08:41 AM
Anyone have information about upcoming deliveries of Capos to the States? It's been three weeks since I ordered mine (March 15th) and my dealer now thinks I might be waiting until next shipment arrives.

With 120 Aprilia dealers and only 65 Capos delivered so far, getting the color I want (silver) is turning out to be more complicated than expected!

Thanks in advance, Marty