PDA

View Full Version : Whats the hot setup?

748rsvr999r
04-28-2004, 08:00 PM
I've been looking at many of the post here and have a few questions. First of all I think these bikes are cooler then s**t!!!

Anyway, I have read about small ports on later model bikes, am I correct in assuming that the installation of a big bore kit eliminates this situation?

Anyone have any hot setups, one big bore kit over another, I see from the dyno graphs thats some exhausts peak then die off, while others make power in a broader band, so 1 exhaust over another?

Carbs, is bigger better? I quess in short whats the hot setup, if you could write your tickry?

Thanks
Fran

Micah / AF1 Racing
04-29-2004, 09:38 AM
For street ridden bikes the best hot set up is either a Gianelli or Jolly Moto pipe and a TP75cc kit with 21mm carb. With the right gearing you can easily see over 80mph on the speedo and do wheelies in first with a good tug on the bars.

JonnyRS50
04-29-2004, 09:43 AM
Or for the Euro Trash among us, Metrakit SP series makes for a good output.

I have no gripes against the set up i ended up with, made it very nice over stock and their are 2 other people on the forum with the exact same setup as what i had who are also happy with the performance gains.

748rsvr999r
04-30-2004, 03:35 PM
Micah,
Thanks for your reply, couple of more specific questions.

Let's say I do the Total Performance 75 cc kit, Jolly 70 cc pipe, Malossi/DellOrto 21 mm carb with choke kit, Barnett Clutch, what are your recommended ranges for jets, sprockets and would carbon fiber reeds be required, also what spark plug do you recommend for this set up, and add anything else you may think of?
Thanks
Fran

Got my sights on an 02 with 131 miles