PDA

View Full Version : new bike

shp43
04-05-2002, 04:05 PM
Well I traded my Futura for a Capo, The ash black. Found myself always going to fast on the Futura, needed to slow down. Anybody know about the center stand and tank bag for this model. Should get here in about three weeks.

Steve
Knoxville, Tn

BeemerGuyNJ
04-06-2002, 05:00 PM
Congrats on your decision. The Futura is a beautiful bike, but I guess it might encourage a more ** enthusiastic ** riding style. I ordered a silver Capo about three weeks ago. Unfortunately, no word yet on when it will arrive. Hopefully by end of April.

From what I've been hearing on the Yahoo Caponord forum, which has been active about a year with Capo owners in Europe, accessories is one area where Aprilia has struggled to deliver. No telling what to blame it on. My dealer said accessories for the Futura and Falco were slow getting delivered throughout last year, and he didn't even know a centerstand was available for the Caponord! The only person on the Yahoo forum with a Capo centerstand is a guy in The Netherlands. It took nine months for his dealer to receive it. An extreme example? I guess, but it's the only delivered centerstand of which I aware.

The tankbag looks interesting too. It's shown on the Aprilia website, but not in the brochures. Seeing how closely the handlebars turn into the gastank at full lock, the Aprilia bag may be the only one that fits without interfering with the bars!

If you find any additional information about accessories for the Caponord, please post it here.

Good luck, Marty

shpclay
04-06-2002, 08:32 PM
Thanks for the reply. You are right, there is nothing available for these bikes. The Capo should come with a centerstand. But anyway they are great bikes. Rode my Pegaso 100 miles today in the mountains of Tennessee.

Steve
Knoxville, Tn

NeroCap
04-10-2002, 02:32 PM
I just received my new,Nero-Ash, Caponord on Friday. I floated home from the dealer---smile was huge. I've only put about 35 miles on it so far, but as spring arrives the number will go up. I bought the Aprilia Tank bag with the bike. I think it works and looks great--it's the strap type, not magnetic. I don't have the part # with me but if you need it, I will get it. My hard bags are still in route. My dealer assures me they are coming and that Aprilia verified my bike was qualified for the promotion.

This bike rules...

Yesssss,
Chicago,IL.

shpclay
04-10-2002, 07:44 PM
Thanks for the re-ply. If you have a part # for tank bag let me know, dealer here doen't know anything. Was you bike on the most recent shipment? When do you think the bags wii be in?

Steve
Knoxville, Tn

shpclay
04-11-2002, 12:16 PM
yesesss--surely this not your name. Was this bike part of the most recent shipment?

NeroCap
04-11-2002, 03:06 PM
I think so. You are not going to like this but, I just decided I wanted this bike last month ( after checking out another customers silver one) My dealer called me a couple weeks later and said he found a Nero-ash bike for me--I originally wanted red. The rest is history. Now that I have it, the flat black color goes well with this type of bike. So far, I've scared 3 squirrels, 1 dog and teenage girl just by the sight of me. I saw one kid crying but I'm not sure I caused it.

I'll bring the tank bag part # tomorrow

Greg,
Chicago,IL.

shpclay
04-11-2002, 07:30 PM
Greg, thanks. My bike is still on the ocean then. I have a Marsee tank bag that I had on the Futura and It might fit ok, but I'm not sure yet. I love the aprilia bag I have on my Pegaso, so I may like the one made for the Capo.\

Good riding
Steve

NeroCap
04-12-2002, 07:34 AM
The Tank bag part # is code 8792156. It is the same bag used on the Falco and Mille. I attached the two straps on aft section of the bag to the bottom of the rider saddle. This was the only way I could get a secure/snug fit without damaging any plastic pieces. The bag is nice. It is low profile and expandable ( it doesn't get in the way of the handlebars), rain cover, a small pouch up-front for sunglasses--with a cool Aprilia badge on it-- and, of course, a clear map pouch.

I am still trying to find a center stand. I was told the accessory catalogue for this model has not been released yet. I guess I should be happy I have my bike ( I am ). Next mission is to break it in.

Later

G

CapoNordTodd
04-12-2002, 07:35 AM
Hi Greg!

Where are you in Chicago? I'm still waiting for my blue one...

BeemerGuyNJ
04-12-2002, 08:23 AM
Man, I can't stand reading about these guys who have their Capos already....<g> just kidding. I'm jealous, that's all.

Thanks for the part number on the tank bag. I'm going to head over to my dealer later today and order one. (I don't have my silver Capo yet, but that's no reason to not order accessories!)

This past Saturday was the open house at my local Aprilia dealer (Rt. 23 Cycle Center in northern NJ). I spent a few minutes talking to the Aprilia rep that was there for the event. He told me that a shipment of 105 Capos left Italy for the States around the middle of March. He expects it should arrive at US port in third or fourth week of April. He could not give me specific dates. He said they then distribute them to dealers based on existing customer orders. He basically assured me that since I have a deposit on a silver one, then a silver one will be coming to my dealer from this shipment. Gee, I hope so.

We also talked about the saddlebag promotion. He said that there are 80 certificates left for the the bags (out of original 100). Obtaining a certificate is based on registering the bike with the DMV, not placing a deposit or ordering one. It has to be registered, then a set of bags are allocated to the customer. This was done to prevent some dealers from getting promotional bags in anticipation of selling x number of bikes, then having some of those deals "fall through". Aprilia wants the bags to go to the first 100 buying customers, not to the dealers who order the most bikes. Good intentions, but leaves customers like me, who have deposits down but are waiting for a bike, unable to lock down the promotional bags until the bike actually arrives.

Lastly, the part number for the centerstand is 8146317. Note that this is the number listed in the 2001 Capo parts catalog (Italian/English version.) You can download a PDF version of the catalog from the Caponord Forum on Yahoo Groups. Good forum to join; lots of messages from Capo owners in Europe. Go here: groups.yahoo.com/group/ca...m/messages (http://groups.yahoo.com/group/caponordforum/messages)

That's all for now. Good riding to all you lucky owners that have already picked up your Capos!

Marty

- 88 BMW R100RS
- 86 Kawi ZX1000R
- 02 Aprilia Caponord (someday soon!)

Luke
04-12-2002, 09:09 AM
I have the Aprilia tank bag for my Futura and really like it. Just a suggestion for what its worth. Ask the dealer to throw in the tank bag. That's what I did with my Futura.

Good luck,
Luke

NeroCap
04-12-2002, 10:26 AM
I live in Bloomingdale, Il.

I'm starting to think we purchased our bikes from the same place in Palatine. Someone there has a blue one coming. The silver one is gone already.

Greg

NeroCap
04-12-2002, 10:36 AM
I was afraid I was going to upset somebody. Sorry about that. I wish you good luck, for whatever its worth.

I really appreciate your input on the hard bag situation. That explains a lot. And thanks for the parts info too. You are a pillar of the community...

Greg,
Chicago., IL.

CapoNordTodd
04-12-2002, 11:12 AM
Yup, I'm the blue. He offered me (or at least asked if I were interested in) the Ash one. Foolish me, I stuck with my original color choice, which is supposed to arrive USA the 23rd, Palatine the 25th. Sunny, 70 degrees, and I'm bikeless! grrrr.

;) Such problems I have ;)

If you care to, send me some mail, maybe we could ride some time.

Geofire
04-15-2002, 02:30 PM
I have just fitted a centre stand to my Caponord. I was told by the supplier that I was lucky to get one as there were 300 ordered between the UK and Eire and only 150 delivered and only one to Ireland where 5 were ordered. I suppose I should feel lucky but I cannot help feeling that this type of bike and all Tourers should be supplied with a centre stand as standard as they are essential for adjusting chains on long distance bikes. I can understand that a sports bike has to save weight but this to me is wrong, unfair etc. So write to your dealer and protest against this.

Henk
04-28-2002, 02:31 AM
I live in Belgium, and have just received a center stand together with side cases for my capo, sow now it available in Europe.