PDA

View Full Version : Its here

shpclay
05-02-2002, 05:48 PM
Picked up my ash black capo today. Bike runs really sweet. Does not have the punch of my Futura, but It is not suppose to. One quick observation. I am going to have to start working out with weights to get this thing up off the kick stand. I can't believe the lean angle on this. I wonder what their thinking was on this. Windshield may have to be changed to a givi, however, If you wear ear plugs It is not to bad. Will give further comments later. Next thing is the bags and then a center stand. Oh by the way got one of the aprilia tank bags, not real sure I like It. Opens from wrong end and Does not fit real well.

BeemerGuyNJ
05-03-2002, 07:36 AM
Completely agree about the effort required lifting it off the sidestand. It is really tilted over. I'm using a piece of 2x4 under the stand while in the garage and it still leans more than either my BMW or Kawasaki. I'd say the sidestand could be at least two inches longer. I'm sure that the high effort getting it off the stand is what caused Cycle World to declare the Capo "top-heavy".

You probably saw over at Aprilia-USA forum that the guy from Mototek says the black bags still haven't shipped from Italy and are about eight weeks from delivery. Supposedly, the grey bags have already shipped, but I'll believe it only when my dealer calls and says they've arrived.

Can you upload a pic of your tankbag? There is a new tankbag designed just for the Capo shown on the Aprilia website, but according to Atlanta it is not in the US yet. It's possible that you have the larger Mille/Falco bag on your bike. It's a nice bag but when I tried one on my Capo at the dealer it was definitely too big and interfered with the bars at full lock.

Good luck breaking in your new bike!

MartyT

- 2002 Aprilia Caponord (Jet Grey)

shpclay
05-03-2002, 10:05 AM
You must be right about the bag. Aprilia says this part number fits all, but It really doesn't fit the capo. I'm going to try and mount my marsee which Is a better bag. There is no place under the tank to attach the straps. I wonder what they are thinking when the used this side stand. There was a place at the dealer ship where the pavement was a little low and I could not get the bike upright. We will have to see about adding on to this. Center stand is pictured in the manual and they tell you how to use It. I guess we will have to wait. Let me know how It is going.

Steve
Capo
Pegaso
400ZRS