PDA

View Full Version : usa delivery-hurraaah!!!

johnlcaponord
03-14-2002, 06:36 PM
my aprilia dealer just called and said my red caponord is in and ready to go...and it looks great......he has about ten people coming in just to take a look....i'll pick it up late saturday afternoon....wow....this is fantastic....my ride home from the dealer will add 200 to 300 miles so i"ll let you know sunday what my first impressions are like....best regards to all ...John L.

micah apriliaforum com
03-14-2002, 06:54 PM
Free at last...Free at last. Well maybe not free, but at least they are finally here.

ed apriliaforum com
03-14-2002, 10:41 PM
yep, they're here....

I prepped a new red one at work (Mototek) today....rode it a few miles...it is already sold

some details I noticed....
it has a power plug adaptor for your heated clothes..pretty cool, and a pre-load knob for the rear shock

it has some really cool rims, spoked tubeless rims, so the end of the spoke is outside of the tire width.....you have to see them to understand what I am talking about...I have never seen anything like that before.

unlike the Futura, it has an O2 sensor, in one exhaust pipe, it also looks like it has 2 small catalytic covertors on it (just after the O2 sensor).....it does have a similiar looking Sagem FI unit as compared to the Futura....dash is the same as the Futura....nice and clean running FI mapping...seemed slightly louder than a Futura

the seat is 2 pieces, the rear can be removed and turned into a parcel shelf very easily...small glovebox under the parcel shelf

no centerstand

riding impressions.....I have never ridden a big-trailie bike before, so I cant compare it to anything.....I am a small guy (5'9" 145lbs) and these types of bikes just arent for me.....tall, big and heavy....I'd hate to ride the much heavier BMW GS1150....give me a Mille, or Falco anyday, but that is just me....small, light, fast, street bikes are what get me rev-ved up......people who are into trailie bikes will love it...fit/finish are good

once under way, the weight and tallness diappears, the controls are easy and light, big wide handlebars make easy turns....brakes were excellent, and it pulled from way down low in the revs...I didnt go over 6K RPM, so I'm not sure about the top-end hit, but I'm sure it has a good one....it is based on the Mille engine.....

cruisingmale
03-16-2002, 02:40 AM
Apparently, Aprilia doesn't believe the Colorado Dealers warrant any of the first shipment, even when I had a deposit. So, I called, and called, and called, several dealers on the east coast, assuming they would be getting some of the first shipment of 65 and also get them first on their floor. So far, GA (1 sold), SC (waiting), PA (waiting), NY (1 soon) and CA (3 sold), go figure. I didn't try TX. But where are the rest?

Finally decided to buy one from a dealership in Long Island who is promised one next week. I am doing this sight unseen. The color is right, the price is right, and I am hyped.

I am counting on all of you to keep me hyped with the good reviews until I can see it in person and pick it up. Keep rolling. :rollin: , Mike

dkellnertriadrrcom
03-18-2002, 05:28 PM
Hey Mike,

Lightning MotoSports in Florida has a Nero Ash unit(I think), if your interested. I could have picked that one up, but my Red one (which was shipped to California by mistake) will be in this week. Speak to Todd. He's a good guy to deal with.

Good Luck,
Dave

HannesHaller
05-07-2002, 04:26 PM
Check out my personal website all about my Caponord with pics from when I went through North Africa. Hope you get yours soon.
Site address is www.geocities.com/hanneslorenzhaller (http://www.geocities.com/hanneslorenzhaller)