PDA

View Full Version : New Caponord Site

HannesHaller
05-07-2002, 04:00 PM
New Caponord site: www.geocities.com/hanneslorenzhaller (http://www.geocities.com/hanneslorenzhaller)

About my Caponord and some Capo pics as I was going through Northern Africa.

Please create your own Capo site also. It will only take two or three hours and help spread the message about this great bike.

BeemerGuyNJ
05-08-2002, 07:34 AM
Hannes - Thank you for sharing your experiences with us. Good to see pictures of a Capo on the desert that are REAL and not part of marketing brochure! You have described many of the same concerns that I have had about purchasing the Caponord, especially the reliability and parts problems. But I love riding the bike!

As for your dilemma about Capo vs. BMW GS for the trip around the world, I think you have to go with the GS. BMW has very wide dealer network, and many adventure riders have already proven that parts can be obtained and shipped anywhere. We have not yet seen this with Aprilia. Even their parts delivery to Europe and US dealers has been poor.

The BMW twins are very reliable, but you must follow the maintenance schedules, especially fluid changes and valve adjustments. Also watch the oil level closely, as some of the oilhead twins can burn oil rapidly. (BMW will tell you this is normal.) And performing the maintenance on BMW twins is much simpler since you do not need to remove any bodywork to access the engine.

Good luck and keep us updated on your progress.

Marty (silver Capo)

NeroCap
05-08-2002, 12:07 PM
It is great to hear from someone who has put the capo through so many trials. The durability report sounds comforting as well ( actually my greatest concern ). All those miles---WOW. Thanks for the Web site and sweet pics too.

Greg
Nero-Ash Capo