PDA

View Full Version : New project....Rieju RS-1 Evolution

Danporges
07-10-2012, 02:24 PM
Hi Everyone
I have finished my RS-50 project with the Athena 70, 21mm carb, arrow pipe, clutch reeds, intake, etc.... And my friend has purchased the "riding rights" to the bike from me. I purchased a 2001 Derbi GPR-75 and decided I wanted a little more....so I am in the middle of installing a KX-125 motor in that bike.

I needed one more toy to tinker with so I found this: http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j213/danporges/5Ne5I35Ld3E63L93I7c764f32bb42d9371391.jpg http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j213/danporges/5G25H45Je3nb3Gf3Ifc761db32ba1810f1f2f.jpgThis bike was kept in crate, unprepped for 8 years until the owner, a fairly famous road racer who owns a racing school and whos brother owns an awesome parts company, decided it was time to prep it and try it out. The bike has not even finished its break in period yet. So I will have a mint, stock 2004 Rieju RS-1 Evolution which has the same AM6 as the Aprilia so it will likely be getting very similar treatment to that project.

RS_Patrick
07-11-2012, 01:10 PM
I think the RS50 looks a lot better than the RS1 Evo, its just a strange looking bike from the side, if it wasnt as new i would slice it up and make a custom bike out of it.

Danporges
07-16-2012, 10:41 AM
Patrick, I sent you a PM.... I agree, but I will say the seating position is actually a little better for city riding and the bike feels a little lighter. That said, I want some performance!!

Danporges
07-19-2012, 11:55 AM
Ok, here is the official setup I am going to be working with as I just purchase the following items:

- TP Pink Top 80 kit (I think this is actually a 76, right?)
- Doppler ER1 Crank
- Dellorto 21mm Carb
- Metrakit Carbon Clutch and springs
- TNT Reed Cage (Only cause I want to keep the stock one should I ever put the bike back together)
- Yasuni R2 Aluminum Pipe
- 120-70-16 rear tire to replace the stock 100 width, Pirelli MT75

Soon to come, when I have a little more money, possibly before the install:

- Doppler or TP Close Ration Gear Set
- TP tall 6th gear
- TP Race Clutch Basket

Thanks Patrick for your help in the selection process. I know I didnt take all of your advice, but you certainly influenced some decisions.

Glen1990
07-19-2012, 12:17 PM
im sure the tnt is same thickness reeds as stock. get the set of 3 reed plates and keep the stock plates =]

RS_Patrick
07-20-2012, 07:20 AM
Get the Malossi Reed set: http://www.malossistore.us/Prodotto.aspx?type=M&MM=MO/APRS50&C=2712430.C0

They fit on the stock reedcage fine.

You really should go for the Yasuni R3, the R2 is more for fast 50cc to 70cc max, the R3 is much more suitable for you.

Top Performances 6th gear is a better option than a Close Ratio gearbox (cant do both)
Top Performances Clutch basket is a serious modification wich means you can not use the oilpump or waterpump anymore, and an electrical waterpump will have to be installed.

Note that a wider tire probably wont fit on that bike as the swingarm is really narrow.

Danporges
07-20-2012, 02:51 PM
I cannot find the TP 6th gear anywhere. The reed cage was cheap money and lets me save the stock cage with restrictor plate in tact for putting it back later if needed. I will check out those Malossi reads though. I am waiting on the shop to get back to me about the exhaust as I will switch to the R3 if possible.

Regarding the tire, though I am not sure why, the Rieju usually runs a 120 width tire stock. Someone put a 100 width on this bike, but I read through all the old specs and manuals I could find and the 120-70 would have been the right size as new.

Danporges
07-20-2012, 02:54 PM
Does anyone know where I can find the original specifications of the factory fork springs and rear shock? I have found only one rear shock available, the Kundo, and I dont know if its any good. Also, the front fork springs SUCK! I really want a set of progressive or racetech springs, but they dont list that bike so I would have to bring them specs and see if they can either make or match them.

chrism15
07-20-2012, 04:25 PM
try easy parts for the tp 6th gear

RS_Patrick
07-20-2012, 05:35 PM
Try thicker fork oil, something like 15W or 20W.

Kundo shock should atleast be an upgrade from the Stock shock.

easyparts.nl doesnt ship to the USA anymore after somthings went wrong with shipments to the USA, but you could try emailing them...

Danporges
07-24-2012, 07:55 PM
Patrick, I officially changed to the R3 exhaust so game on!!!

I will probably order the Kundo or the Conti rear shock I found out there and try upping the fork oil for now. Also, EasyParts now ships to the US again so I can get that 6th gear. What gearing are you running with the 6th that you find to be a good combination of around town performance and high speed cruising comfort?

chrism15
07-25-2012, 04:49 AM
remember to re-jet to suit the exhaust...

Danporges
07-25-2012, 07:56 AM
any recommendations for jets for my setup as a starting point? I am waiting on the parts to get here so doing the studying now for the build.

chrism15
07-25-2012, 08:20 AM
oh and did you upgrade the reeds?? just looking at the above set up and you bought a TNT cage..

if they are the same size as stock as "Glen" says then they need to be upgraded to 0.35mm or even 0.40mm petals, patrick has suggested some mallossi onnes above ;)

DistractedRider
07-27-2012, 10:45 AM
Just saw you posted her for sale. Shame, would have loved to see how she would have ended up with the upgrades. I also own a RS1 Evo. GLWS

RS_Patrick
07-28-2012, 04:01 PM
Just saw you posted her for sale. Shame, would have loved to see how she would have ended up with the upgrades. I also own a RS1 Evo. GLWS

huh? why? in case you want to sell to bike or sold the bike in the project thread, please post it in the thread mate, otherwise people keep posting replies to a bike you no longer got/are no longer working on...