PDA

View Full Version : electrical outlet

shpclay
05-12-2002, 01:35 PM
would someone please tell me what you are supposed to plug into this. I thought this would be a BMW compactible socket, guess what, way to big for the male BMW plug. The BMW plug is standard for the industry when It come to electric hookups. My battery tender has one, my gerbing jacket has one, and widder vast has one for an option. Why couldn't they just put the female socket on this bike instead of something that know one has. Now I'm going to have to convert It over.

Can't oil the chain with out some rolling It along, although the owners manual tells you exactly how to put It up on the center stand, etc. Where is the center stand?

I really don't like to use this as a bitch site, but really.

BeemerGuyNJ
05-13-2002, 08:37 AM
Agree that it would have been nice to get the BMW-style outlet. I have a Widder vest and already have two cords: one BMW-style for my RS and one standard Widder connector for use on the Kawasaki. Of course, neither of these will work on the new Aprilia!

It appears to be a standard car-style outlet. I was able to plug in my cell phone adapter, though it did not fit very snugly and would definitely become detached if riding. The small label even says Do Not Use While Operating Vehicle. Maybe they expect us to use it to power an electric shaver (or boom box!) while on camping trips?

I agree that converting it to a BMW-style outlet is the best solution. (And I already have an adapter that lets me charge my phone using the BMW connector!)

Marty

shpclay
05-13-2002, 08:48 AM
Well at least I'm not the only one that noticed this.