PDA

View Full Version : re-map completed

shpclay
05-24-2002, 07:41 PM
Bike runs great, no hesitation. CDI sent to Atlanta tues., afternoon and picked up bike today. How is this for service.

mtrionfo
05-25-2002, 07:38 AM
Steve - Great news. I just read all of your messages about the re-map. Sounds like Atlanta got it right for you.

Yesterday I picked up my Capo after the initial service. (Just passed 800 miles.) The bike has been fine, but I did tell them about the injection being very sensitive at low RPM. When I picked the bike up the mech told me that he made a slight adjustment to re-balance the injectors. I've only ridden it about ten miles since then, so really can't tell if there is any improvement.

However, I just emailed my dealer asking if Atlanta is recommending the re-map for all U.S. Capos.

Thanks for being the squeaky wheel!

Marty

PS. Also found out that my hard bags are due to arrive at the dealer next week, so I will have them in time for ride up to Americade.

shpclay
05-25-2002, 08:51 AM
Great news on the bags. Mine are black and may be longer in arriving. Sure would like to go to americade have never been. Did you see my post on yahoo about the centerstand?

Steve

mtrionfo
05-27-2002, 06:12 AM
Yep, got it. I try to check both this forum and the Yahoo Caponord forum daily. I also receive the Yahoo ETV1000 mail list, but my Italian is not yet good enough to understand much more that "Caio!" :-)

Your info is consistent with what I've been told. Last Sunday (May 19th) was my Aprilia dealer's open house, and the Aprilia rep that was there told me the centerstands should be shipping to dealers in 3-4 weeks. (I had explored getting one thru a friend in the UK, but that wasn't moving along at all. Given this new info I will just wait to get it from my dealer.)

Also, after hearing my concerns about getting my hardbags in time for Americade, the rep followed up by calling me three days later to tell me when they would be arriving at my dealer. In my experience that's pretty good customer service.

regards, Marty

- 02 ETV1000
- 88 R100RS
- 86 ZX1000R

shpclay
05-27-2002, 12:34 PM
Good news Marty. Wish I could go to Americade, maybe next year. My bike is running a lot better. It still wanted to cut off once today. I ordered my centerstand from UK because I wasn't sure how long It would be. My dealer said two weeks and your rep said 3 or 4 weeks, so who Knows. I really want a side stand the most. Think I will try and find one else where. Talk to you.

Steve