PDA

View Full Version : Messed up my front suspension locking subsystem

mp3marauder
06-23-2012, 09:48 AM
While I was having some body work done several months ago, I took the opportunity to install a T fitting in my return fuel hose (so that I could eventually connect an auxiliar fuel tank (which I have now done).

Ever since, I've had two problem with the front suspension locking system:

1. If I am idling with front suspension locked, and I open up the throttle to accelerate, the engine just sputters. It seems that something in the electronics is deciding that I am not allowed to accelerate in the current situation. (I think there's a saddle weight-on sensor that is supposed to prevent unintended acceleration without a rider. Maybe I failed to hook that up correctly when I put all the pieces back together?) I find that if I manually unlock the suspension, then it accelerates just fine. This is what I've been doing for the last six months or so.

2. After a ride, when I push the suspension lock lever, it does lock up ok, but it lights up the "front suspension locking system failure warning light" on my dash panel. It's been making me uneasy, but it seems to be confused. It's been locking up just fine, and I've never come back to find that it keeled over while I was away.

Now I was thinking that maybe the problem was caused by my disturbing the "pressure" ranges inside the return fuel hose, but now that I've installed a solenoid valve within about 6" of the T fitting (before I was dangling a 4' hose off the T fitting in anticipation of hooking up the external tank), I find that the problem doesn't go away.

It's very possible that I made some other unintended modification to my system by not installing everything back to normal after completing the body work.

Does anyone have any ideas as to what might be up here?

Thanks.

spartan1984
07-13-2012, 12:39 PM
Would suggest that you ask this question on the Modern Vespa site...there is an MP3 section which can provide assistance: http://www.modernvespa.com

tomd
06-17-2013, 09:17 AM
youre on a mp3 5 now rt Spartan ? I ll be watching youre stuff my master drivelines gone to shiet eating belts in 500 miles etc you've seen .. I wonder wen others will catch up and start fekin up or is it just mine anyway hunting a reliable geared unit now days cannot stand this crap I need nothing new a mint Honda Cb 900-1000 W shaft will carry me till death w no work im sure they last forever and can do ..