PDA

View Full Version : New wheels, tires and 42t sprocket

lanter
06-10-2012, 06:53 PM
These are the new aprilia 3 spoke wheels I bought off a fellow forum member, that I had painted wine red. "Thanks boostenmkiv" :cheers:
I figured I'd install the 42t sprocket at the same time and now the 1200 spools up incredibly fast, in any gear. If your on the fence about swapping the 40t out to the 42t, get off the fence and do it!:burnout: I also mounted the rosso 2's on the new wheels and the combo real made the bike flick side to side effortlessly. I'm not sure if it was the lighter wheels or rosso 2's, but the combo made a great improvement.

I also had the spring painted to match the new wheels.

boostenmkiv
06-10-2012, 09:13 PM
Wow, that turned out great! I should have done that red too! :cool:

Ghostrider1200
06-11-2012, 02:24 AM
Really looking good with the red wheels, with standard sprocket she is really fast, i cant imagine now with the 42..

jpjsnow
06-11-2012, 12:57 PM
Looks good....

How did you get the spring painted? The yellow is killing my steez.
And how much did you lose off the top end by enlarging the rear sprocket?

lanter
06-12-2012, 11:07 AM
Looks good....

How did you get the spring painted? The yellow is killing my steez.
And how much did you lose off the top end by enlarging the rear sprocket?

I haven't notice losing anything off the top-end at all. Although mathematically there should be. But, for the very small amount lost, it's definitely worth the swap. The 1200 is insane in S mode with the 42t and if it's properly mapped, it remains smooth all the way up to rev-limit. As far as the spring goes, I swapped it with a DD 750 spring I had kicking around, while I had the yellow 1200 spring painted with the wheels.

Chewy52
06-19-2012, 04:52 PM
Hi Lanter, next time your out on your bike can you make note of your revs and speed in top gear. Not asking you to break the laws but the fastest speed verses revs available would be great (maybe a slow and a high reading in top gear would be better). I have a ride weekend at Philip Island in September and would like to have the optimum gearing on the bike for that track. I can only presume the front end has got a lot lighter under acceleration !! C ya, Chewy.

lanter
06-20-2012, 12:43 AM
No problem. I hope to be out this weekend.

lanter
06-23-2012, 06:25 PM
Hi Lanter, next time your out on your bike can you make note of your revs and speed in top gear. Not asking you to break the laws but the fastest speed verses revs available would be great (maybe a slow and a high reading in top gear would be better). I have a ride weekend at Philip Island in September and would like to have the optimum gearing on the bike for that track. I can only presume the front end has got a lot lighter under acceleration !! C ya, Chewy.

It's about 4900 RPM at 80 MPH and 6000 at 100 MPH with the 42t. I don't remember what the stock 40 was, but I get about the same mileage.

Chewy52
06-23-2012, 08:14 PM
Thanks Cobba, i recon that she will top out at about 165 mph near the rev limit of 9500 rpm. should prove a challenge to hang onto if i get to that pace down Gardiner strait with no fairing protection to hide behind !!!! I've just picked up my exhaust after having a HPC (high performance coating ) done.