PDA

View Full Version : new re-map

shpclay
06-22-2002, 03:05 PM
Looks like they have It right on. I'll let you know when I ride It further. Got the new side stand and It is perfect. I believe It is $75.00 and this is something Aprilia in Atlanta is doing since they can't get this Item from factory. Tried to put on centerstand and there is two post where you attach the spring, one of them is not notched so the spring won't slide off. I'll have to have this machined. Stand otherwise is easy to put on. Bags are also on and they are great.

Steve
Knoxville, Tn

shpclay
06-26-2002, 05:50 AM
Well rode bike 240 miles which 20 miles on dirt and gravel rode. Bike ran great, no hesitation. Took hour and half to ride 20 miles on this twisty fire road. Had to soften suspension a lot to keep rear on ground for traction. The bike will do It but It is handful. Got the centerstand on and It works real good. Side stand is the best of all If your short. Looks as though the re-map is good this time.

Steve
Knoxville, Tn

mtrionfo
06-26-2002, 08:02 AM
Great news on the re-map. I had the feeling you were ready to surrender the ship, so to speak, if they didn't get it right this time. :-)

Sounds like the new sidestand is a winner, too. Does it look like a factory part or something Atlanta had manufactured locally for US customers?

rgds, Marty

shpclay
06-26-2002, 02:24 PM
If you have seen the demo bikes, It looks like that. It looks factory.

Steve

shpclay
07-31-2002, 03:27 PM
Well the re-map didn't work. Bike started cutting off again, once in a curve and once pulling across intersection. Couln't afford to take a chance rideing this bike , got rid of It. Now after three weeks, The fuel pump went out and It has some kind of electrical problem, which the dealer can't figure out. I guess everyone gets a lemon somewhere along the line and I guess this was mine. Bought a Honda VFR 800 with the new V-TECH engine.

Hope everyone else has good luck

Steve