PDA

View Full Version : Workshop manual

borayurtoren
10-24-2002, 07:45 AM
Anybody has a workshop manual for Caponord? Where can I find one? Is it available on CD?

mtrionfo
10-24-2002, 09:05 AM
Hello Bora - There is a service manual for the Capo available from Aprilia, but it is expensive, over $120 USD. I decided that I could perform my oil changes and routine maintenance tasks without it!

rgds, Marty

CapoNordTodd
10-25-2002, 08:24 AM
The thing I find most useful about the service manual (which I also don't own) is 'how to get to it'.

If I know the direction from which to approach a part, and the order to remove fasteners, it's easy. If I have to figure it out myself, I often end up with half the bike on the garage floor.

Plus, it's so embarassing to put the bike all back together and find a piston sitting on the floor...oops! ;-)

micah apriliaforum com
10-25-2002, 09:05 AM
I know how you can feel better about spending the big bucks on the manual...convert it to PDF and publish it the world for free. The sacrifice is yours, but so are the rewards. Every new vehicle sold should come with the repair manual from the factory for free....utopia.

whywork
10-29-2002, 01:50 PM
Why should every vehicle come with a free manual? Half the time people don't even read the owner's manual or choose to ignore the information.

Look at all the stupid oil change/oil recommendation threads or riders derestricting their bikes with no back up check on an ega. If the manual was included somebody would probably bitch that they don't need it so deduct that from the price of the bike.

big ron
12-21-2006, 04:23 PM
Hi
To get a manual on cd go to e-bay uk .look at motorcycle accessories, then type in caponord got mine for a few pounds
hope this helps
Big Ron

calgaryjeff
12-21-2006, 05:27 PM
http://caporider.com/docs.shtml

Stu_O
12-21-2006, 06:04 PM
Hello Bora - There is a service manual for the Capo available from Aprilia, but it is expensive, over $120 USD. I decided that I could perform my oil changes and routine maintenance tasks without it!

rgds, Marty:whiner: Click on Jeff's link and get it for free.