PDA

View Full Version : Use it like it was meant to be used!!!

micah apriliaforum com
12-14-2002, 10:33 AM
Here is a chance for you Capo owners with a taste for the dirt to really use your bikes as Ivano Beggio intended. It is a cross country (USA) 1100 mile off road ride. This is the stuff of legends. This would make an awesome group ride for everyone on this board to get together and do in the summer or something. I have done Mexico coast to coast off road on a KLR....but this adventure would involve no bribery or Federalis taking your beer. Seriously this a killer ride, just read the front page and you will be ready to head for the dirt, it takes you from Tennesse all the way to Oregon without a bit of asphault....@#%$!ing killer IMHO.

<a href="http://www.transamtrail.com/" target="top">www.transamtrail.com/</a>

CAPO4US
12-14-2002, 05:22 PM
I JUST POSTED THAT ON THE CAPO FORUM..IT DOES SOUND LIKE A BLAST. AN ALL APRILIA TRANS AM TRIP..GET APRILIA TO BACK IT:D ..THIS COULD BE BIG.
TONY

micah apriliaforum com
12-15-2002, 03:03 PM
Tony, getting the backing of Aprilia is a capital idea. You need to contact Robert Pandya at Aprilia USA, he is good at putting stuff like this together, all we need is a couple of demo bikes and a couple of mainstream journalists types to complete it and make it an article which would give them some good will and press. This would be an awesome experience for all involved, these roads will not be dirt and untraveled for that many more years...look at the Al-Can route, almost all pavement now.

CAPO4US
12-15-2002, 06:44 PM
OK...I'M IN. I'LL REACH OUT TO SO PEOPLE I KNOW, AND SEE IF THEY BITE.
ANYONE INTERESTED E-MAIL ME AT CAPO4US@AOL.COM. IF ANYONE HAS A IDEA,OR SOMEONE I SHOULD REACH OUT TO LET ME KNOW.
A GREAT WAY TO PROMOTE THE CAPO RALLY? THIS WOULD OPEN THE USA TO APRILIA ENDURO WORLD. A MARKET THAT IS GROWING IN THE USA..I THINK IT'S A GREAT IDEA.
MARTY...WELL? UP FOR A RIDE?:rollin:
T

denisb
12-16-2002, 06:45 PM
Hi,

I was glad to discover this site .
I a a Capo owner since june (7500 km till now) from Brussels, Belgium.

Previous bike was a Pegaso (model 96) that I had for 60.000 km (trips to Italy, Sicily, France, Corsica, Sardinia, Germany.

I did a few tracks too with my Peggy, after having here equipped with dual purpose tires (Pirelli MT 60) but I would very much hesitate to take the Capo on the same road (power, weight, size, cost of the bodywork).
I do really not think this use was what it is intended for.
The proof is that Aprilia just launched (see www.aprilia.com) in Bologna the Caponord rally model with
Front and rear suspension fully adjustable 20 cm ; knobby tires, a lower first gear, lichter fairing, body and motor protections (carbon!), another seat, higher handle bars, hand protectors, aluminium cases .
Have a look at it .
The ride you plan could be a good occasion for Aprilia to launch this bike in the US.

I d love to see that.

:D

micah apriliaforum com
12-17-2002, 08:58 AM
Great idea on the launch for the Rally...I want a demo if they do.

CAPO4US
12-17-2002, 10:06 AM
I SENT AN E-MAIL TO SOMEONE I KNOW AT APRILIA, LETS SEE WHAT HE THINKS. YOU GUYS CAN DO THE SAME, RIGHT E-MAIL, STIR THE POT A LITTLE. IT'S A GREAT IDEA IT JUST HAS TO REACH THE RIGHT PEOPLE. AN APRILIA MOTORCYCLE CROSSING WHAT COULD BE THE LAST OF AMERICAS FRONTIER PASSAGES. THIS IS GREAT STUFF. AND WHAT A WAY TO PROMOTE THE CAPO RALLY. IF ANYTHING THEY SHOULD THINK ABOUT IT. THIS WOULD BE REALLY BIG FOR THEIR USA MARKET..THROW A PEGASO IN THERE SEE IF YOU COULD SPARK THAT MARKET UP..BRING THEM BACK IN THE STATES. TONY 1(973)903-2142
TEAM CAPO NORD USA
TRANS-AM RALLY 03' :lol:

micah apriliaforum com
12-17-2002, 10:51 AM
All righty then, I will ride the Pegaso...lighter is righter....till you get passed like your standing still by a big twin!

CAPO4US
12-21-2002, 10:54 AM
WELL IT LOOKS LIKE NOBODY WANTS TO HELP TURN THIS RALLY INTO REALITY, ALOT OF PEOPLE CHECKING OUT THE BOARD, BUT NOBODY HELPING OUT,I'M SURPRISED. THATS OK..I LIKE THE IDEA..AND I'M STLL TRYING, WHATS THE WORST THAT COULD HAPPEN..THEY SAY NO? IF THAT HAPPENS WE COULD PICK A SPOT AND HOLD OUR OWN RALLY/PIG ROAST, OR IS THAT IMPOSSIBLE ALSO:rolleyes:
TONY

RonS
12-21-2002, 11:35 AM
I'd be interested, the problem is vacation time. I traded the Futura for the Capo so I could run back up to Alaska via Inuvik this coming summer. I'd be up for talking them into sponsoring a rally to Alaska and the Arctic. Anyone else?

CAPO4US
12-21-2002, 02:54 PM
RON,
ALASKA, NOW THAT SOUNDS LIKE A TRIP. I'VE GOT LIMITED TIME AND FINANCES ALSO...THATS WHY I'M HOPING I CAN GET APRILIA TO BACK IT..THEY GET THERE PROMO, AND I GET A DREAM RIDE:lol: . I CAN DREAM CAN'T I.
TRADED YOUR FUTURA....WHY? IT WAS BETWEEN THE CAPO AND FUTURA FOR ME ALSO..WENT WITH THE CAPO BECAUSE THE WIFE DIDN'T LIKE THE FUTURA SEATING ARANGEMENT..AND I WAS UP TO TRYING SOMTHING DIFERENT...NOW THE WIFE HAS HER OWN PEGASO..KIND OF HIS AND HERS BIKES

RonS
12-22-2002, 01:15 PM
>THATS WHY I'M HOPING I CAN GET APRILIA TO >BACK IT

Tried that last year when I went to Alaska on the Futura. They claimed they didn't have the marketing budget for it.
I suppose if enough Capo owners were involved, that might change.

>TRADED YOUR FUTURA....WHY?

I really liked the Futura, but the steeper head angle, wider tires and stiffer front end make it a hand full when the pavement ends. I live on a dirt road and plan to take the Dempster to Inuvik next summer. The Dempster is 450 miles of gravel road between Dawson in the Yukon and the Mackenzie river delta at the Arctic Ocean. The would have been difficult on the Futura.