PDA

View Full Version : ever been pulled for speeding

mumbl3s
03-26-2012, 01:18 PM
post story's of you getting caught by the police, for doing anything wrong, funny or serious

i'll start i got pulled over once for doing 43mph in a 30mph on my bmx (it had a engine on it) and then i spent a hour talking to the police about how i did it and they let me off they didn't even give me a warning :)

RS_Patrick
03-26-2012, 04:24 PM
Get used to it :p

Been busted 2 times while speeding, one time near my home, and the other time on a long straight road wich caught some attencion and a seriously hefty fine.
and 3 times while not speeding at all, all 3 times near my home i got pulled over and put on a dyno, all those times where with my RS50 alone.

chrism15
03-26-2012, 04:43 PM
when i had my Aprilia SR50R i spent alot of money on performance parts making it faster, louder acellerated like crazy for a little 50 :) (see pics in my albums ;))

only a month after i started riding me and a mate who had a old type Rs 125 full power model went for a ride, bout 20mile
we went down a well known A road and found that a woman in a nissan micra was keeping and i on us
we over toke the micra and i was sitting at 65mph in a 40mph speed limit..... me mate was doing the same
i had my head down trying to sqeeze every mph possible outta the ped and my mate was standing on his seat (yes he is crazy)
we turned off down to a mile straight road without speed cameras ect and the nissan micra followed
i accelerated quick from the modifications i had fitted and hit 65mph with the micra behind at like 40mph or less.... my mate on his Rs125 went 96mph down that road
we went down a few housing estates in the countryside and didnt know where we were
next thing a copper passes the oppposite direction on a quiet road..
my mate said boot it so we bombed it down a steep road but the copper was quickly up my ass !! he was touching my tyre with his bumper so i thought shit il just pull over coz he was gerrin quiete close soooo, me and my mate pulled into a car park and i felt sorry for me mate coz he could of easily of got away on thta rs 125 but he still pulled over coz i did....
the copper had recieved reports saying me and my mate were wheelieing at 60mph down the A road and speeding + acting reckless overtaking cars]
with this being first time i had been pulled over i was comfatable that he couldnt do alot so i was a bit cheeky and laid back, he asked me if my bike was stock ALTHOUGH HE DIDNT GO WITHIN 8FT near the bikes to check, which surprised me
he asked if id been wheeling my ped so i told him to lift my front wheel off the ground and if he could then i have...... he didnt tho so i guess he toke it as i no
then he asked about the bigger bike (me mates rs 125) and me mate said there nose heavy :P
we sat in the back of the police car and told him to prove that we"d done anything wrong and he had my mates reg plate in the report but my reg plate had one letter wrong :) so my mate said that we hadnt done ewt and if we wanted to we could just report any car just because we can ect ect and everntually we both got away with a section 59 :)

mumbl3s
03-26-2012, 04:56 PM
Get used to it :p

Been busted 2 times while speeding, one time near my home, and the other time on a long straight road wich caught some attencion and a seriously hefty fine.
and 3 times while not speeding at all, all 3 times near my home i got pulled over and put on a dyno, all those times where with my RS50 alone.

sucks getting dyno'ed just because they have nothing better to do

when i had my Aprilia SR50R i spent alot of money on performance parts making it faster, louder acellerated like crazy for a little 50 :) (see pics in my albums ;))

only a month after i started riding me and a mate who had a old type Rs 125 full power model went for a ride, bout 20mile
we went down a well known A road and found that a woman in a nissan micra was keeping and i on us
we over toke the micra and i was sitting at 65mph in a 40mph speed limit..... me mate was doing the same
i had my head down trying to sqeeze every mph possible outta the ped and my mate was standing on his seat (yes he is crazy)
we turned off down to a mile straight road without speed cameras ect and the nissan micra followed
i accelerated quick from the modifications i had fitted and hit 65mph with the micra behind at like 40mph or less.... my mate on his Rs125 went 96mph down that road
we went down a few housing estates in the countryside and didnt know where we were
next thing a copper passes the oppposite direction on a quiet road..
my mate said boot it so we bombed it down a steep road but the copper was quickly up my ass !! he was touching my tyre with his bumper so i thought shit il just pull over coz he was gerrin quiete close soooo, me and my mate pulled into a car park and i felt sorry for me mate coz he could of easily of got away on thta rs 125 but he still pulled over coz i did....
the copper had recieved reports saying me and my mate were wheelieing at 60mph down the A road and speeding + acting reckless overtaking cars]
with this being first time i had been pulled over i was comfatable that he couldnt do alot so i was a bit cheeky and laid back, he asked me if my bike was stock ALTHOUGH HE DIDNT GO WITHIN 8FT near the bikes to check, which surprised me
he asked if id been wheeling my ped so i told him to lift my front wheel off the ground and if he could then i have...... he didnt tho so i guess he toke it as i no
then he asked about the bigger bike (me mates rs 125) and me mate said there nose heavy :P
we sat in the back of the police car and told him to prove that we"d done anything wrong and he had my mates reg plate in the report but my reg plate had one letter wrong :) so my mate said that we hadnt done ewt and if we wanted to we could just report any car just because we can ect ect and everntually we both got away with a section 59 :)

haha so what is a section 59, just a warning ?

chrism15
03-26-2012, 04:59 PM
sucks getting dyno'ed just because they have nothing better to do

haha so what is a section 59, just a warning ?

yep, if u have ever road a pit bike or mini moto illegally and got caught then that is most likely what u will get and the bike seized..... surprised u didnt get one with that bmx with a engine haha

if u get 3 in a yr or two then ur bike is seized.. thats what the police say but my mate has 7 and nothing has happened

mumbl3s
03-26-2012, 05:32 PM
yep, if u have ever road a pit bike or mini moto illegally and got caught then that is most likely what u will get and the bike seized..... surprised u didnt get one with that bmx with a engine haha

if u get 3 in a yr or two then ur bike is seized.. thats what the police say but my mate has 7 and nothing has happened

haha nar the dudes that pulled me were awesome we wer chatting for a bout an hour about random stuff XD i probably would have if i hadn't built it my self and they wasn't so friendly

crash277
03-26-2012, 10:20 PM
i got nothing on a bike for speeding. my one and only ever 2 wheel ticket was because i had no mudflap.

mumbl3s
03-27-2012, 03:30 AM
i got nothing on a bike for speeding. my one and only ever 2 wheel ticket was because i had no mudflap.

really they pulled you for a mudflap lol

rmx
03-27-2012, 05:07 AM
In Norway, I got a parking ticket for parking my moped in an empty bicycle park on a 10 meter wide sidewalk...

I did not know that police have portable dynos...

crash277
03-27-2012, 12:06 PM
really they pulled you for a mudflap lol

yup.. HTA 66(b) highway traffic act.. they had a road block and were inspecting tires, and exhaust, and lights and such... they gave me a hard time about my DOT race tires, but they me go on those, however, missing 2" of plastic below my license plate got me a ticket.

mumbl3s
03-27-2012, 01:00 PM
yup.. HTA 66(b) highway traffic act.. they had a road block and were inspecting tires, and exhaust, and lights and such... they gave me a hard time about my DOT race tires, but they me go on those, however, missing 2" of plastic below my license plate got me a ticket.

sounds like they needed to make some money lol, bastards

chrism15
03-27-2012, 01:46 PM
sounds like they needed to make some money lol, bastards

alot of police like to pick on Learner drivers/riders as if they dont make a certain amount of stops in a week or month ect their job is quistionable so they go for someone with L plates, moped drivers most common as they can always find something

police portable dynos are more and more common in the uk as they can take sooo sooo many peds off the road which means increased results for the police and decreased traffic ect so for them a win win.

i was close to getting dyno"d by the police at the back of my college....
me and me mate spent alot of money on our mopeds to make them quick and look far from stock, mine was obviously tuned as the acceleration was quick as! big chrome pipe with carbon sleeve standing out proud and steel footplates and race clutch n light rollers ect more, stickers everywhere from top performances,, polini ect the police wud of pounced on me basically.
we rode into college as usual that morning but stopped just inside the gates as the cars made traffic, one of me mates mates ran over n said to ride out NOW and go the way the came in because the police were round the corner inside college with a dyno, dynoing every bike aprt from 600s 1000s u get the idea. so we screamed out like that!! and in turn was late for lesson but ment we cud keep our bikes :) we walked in and one of my mates peds was in the van and he had a ticket to show for it, there was also a tuned streetfighter 50 with a bar conversion in there.... and another one of my mates witha geared 50 (yamaha tzr 50 with arrow pipe) the copper popped it on the dyno (no fan ect) and red lined it in 1st 2nd and then 3rd.... well 3rd went crunch ! and stalled , bike wudnt start and my mate was gutted and still the copper wanted it to go to yamaha so they cud get a reading even tho he"d just fucked his bike up! he left it tho coz another copper intervined. the bike was fixed the nxt day and my mate darnt ride it college :o

mumbl3s
03-27-2012, 05:19 PM
policeman or no policeman it he relined my bike like a dick i would drop him like a fucking rock. if i got caught fair enough i'll take the points and pay the fine and the sky high insurance. but if anyone attempted to brake my bike well that's a whole new level! ;)

Bigralphie
03-27-2012, 05:33 PM
I got pulled over for speeding by a unmarked police car about 8 years ,the copper was very chatty and condescending and I was polite but grudging in my answers.
He noticed my Garmin SPIII GPS (quite a rare thing to have a bike GPS then) and asked
Is that a gps ...yes....does it show a map of the road....yes,and finally he asked,
Is it waterproof ? No i replied I throw it it the bin and fit a brand new one after every wet ride officer....he stopped the best pals routine and just gave me the ticket

chrism15
03-28-2012, 10:01 AM
I got pulled over for speeding by a unmarked police car about 8 years ,the copper was very chatty and condescending and I was polite but grudging in my answers.
He noticed my Garmin SPIII GPS (quite a rare thing to have a bike GPS then) and asked
Is that a gps ...yes....does it show a map of the road....yes,and finally he asked,
Is it waterproof ? No i replied I throw it it the bin and fit a brand new one after every wet ride officer....he stopped the best pals routine and just gave me the ticket

haha fair play :-p

killerofangels
03-31-2012, 05:23 PM
Never got caught speeding but I did ride up the street once without my helmet. Sure enough, police were right there and stopped me. Here in the states, 50cc bikes are regulated as mopeds which fall under the same laws as pedal bicycles. That means no helmet, insurance, inspection, or even a license required. They're technically not supposed to be able to go over 30MPH but I wasn't at the time so I won it in court. Thankfully, cops don't carry portable dynos here!

Also got talked to by a smart cop (when I was parked) who noticed I had a two-stroke. Strokers have been illegal here since the '80s but again, displacement wins. He told me "I wrote the laws on bikes here" but obviously didn't know what the law was. Maybe not so smart after all. I rode for years with no inspection sticker but I figured it's worth the $16 annual fee to be hassle free by the police so finally did it this year. Makes my fork leg look like shit, though. :mad:

chrism15
04-02-2012, 06:03 AM
the police with portable dyno"s were hiding behind college again last wedsday! :/
might end up parking my 125 on the carpark off site so they dont get me as there ment to be restricted to 65mph according to police

williamr
04-02-2012, 09:27 AM
the police with portable dyno"s were hiding behind college again last wedsday! :/
might end up parking my 125 on the carpark off site so they dont get me as there ment to be restricted to 65mph according to police

In the UK, riding on L plates, 125s are restricted to 14.6 bhp. That's good for about 75 mph. Derestrict and your insurance is void.

Rob

williamr
04-02-2012, 09:29 AM
Got pulled once riding a 250 past a row of scooters, standing on the pegs waving a felling axe around my head.

When the cop stopped laughing he told me to keep at least one hand on the bars as I wasn't in proper control of the bike.

Today I'd probably be sent straight to goal.

Rob

mumbl3s
04-03-2012, 06:03 AM
Got pulled once riding a 250 past a row of scooters, standing on the pegs waving a felling axe around my head.

When the cop stopped laughing he told me to keep at least one hand on the bars as I wasn't in proper control of the bike.

Today I'd probably be sent straight to goal.

Rob
hahaha, that must have been fairly hard - i find it hard to change gear standing on a 140 let along waving an axe about lol. Legend :)

Glen1990
04-04-2012, 08:01 AM
Every single ped in my girlfriends college would be fucked.. ive never seen a dyno test done where i live or heard of one, most let you get away with mopeds and stuff around here pretty laid back. my self i think the 30mph limit is a joke. when i first got on a ped that did 30 my god i got over taken by a bus and almost knocked off it was a very scary. soon as i got it destricted i could keep up with cars and stuff felt alot safer.

weasel221
04-04-2012, 08:28 AM
couple years ago at the Dragon with some buds, we were coming back from the Overlook, i was leading, nice easy pace, as i come thru the long S's i spy THE MAN tucked away in the corner, $hit!! check the speedo, 51mph, $hit...he motions me over, i pull off my helmet to reveal my distinguished grey hair, very cordial with him, we talk, he asks if this my first time here, yes sir...[today!! lol], by yourself?? just as my buddys roll by, " as a mater of fact, there they go!!" anyway, we talked for about 10 minutes, he said he was gonna save me a $235 ticket, have a nice day and just be careful...

mumbl3s
04-05-2012, 07:29 AM
couple years ago at the Dragon with some buds, we were coming back from the Overlook, i was leading, nice easy pace, as i come thru the long S's i spy THE MAN tucked away in the corner, $hit!! check the speedo, 51mph, $hit...he motions me over, i pull off my helmet to reveal my distinguished grey hair, very cordial with him, we talk, he asks if this my first time here, yes sir...[today!! lol], by yourself?? just as my buddys roll by, " as a mater of fact, there they go!!" anyway, we talked for about 10 minutes, he said he was gonna save me a $235 ticket, have a nice day and just be careful...

haha i guess there not all bad then :)

weasel221
04-05-2012, 08:18 AM
yep, as long as you don't give any attitude...just be civil, the golden rule thing...

Holfy
04-05-2012, 02:33 PM
lol best comeback at the officer

DK.Tandy
04-07-2012, 06:18 PM
i got question by two officers, a male and female. Asking stuff like is my 400 restricted, is it all legal, am i insured to carry pillion, why is my tyre tread running low, why my plate is smaller than standard.. i was also told to make sure that it was all legal next time they see me.. Suppose from a normal cop it wouldnt be bad, but when its my sister and her bf, its not so nice..

mumbl3s
04-08-2012, 04:00 PM
i got question by two officers, a male and female. Asking stuff like is my 400 restricted, is it all legal, am i insured to carry pillion, why is my tyre tread running low, why my plate is smaller than standard.. i was also told to make sure that it was all legal next time they see me.. Suppose from a normal cop it wouldnt be bad, but when its my sister and her bf, its not so nice..
haha i thought the cop must have really hated you to ask all that and then i read it was your sis lol

gts455
05-10-2012, 09:40 PM
wow....remind me never to ride a bike in the UK....what a nightmare. Sounds like they are doing everything possible to keep people off bikes. Would sure deter me.

warren kiernan
05-10-2012, 10:06 PM
not sure if this thread is for 1000cc ? but me and 2 mates were clocked at 175kph and since its instanr loss of licence over 140kph we all took off. the cop chasing was left for dust but turns out they had excess cops in town doing drug busts and they hid up driveways and picked us off one at a time dam it all hahahaha.

had a 28 day stand down of licence and then off to court and got a fine and our licences back so it worked out better to have run.

gts455
05-10-2012, 10:13 PM
instant loss of license for going 140kph? that is ridiculous.....wow. thats like 85 MPH.....we have interstates here with the speed limit close to that.

warren kiernan
05-10-2012, 10:47 PM
exactly, just have to fart burp or hit a bump and the speed is there. its the law here and an instant 28 loss and then off to court. that was afew years ago and luck has been on my side ever since.

crash277
05-10-2012, 11:06 PM
in ontario, a 50km over the limit gets you an instant impound an 7 day suspension with a guaranteed court visit

Harrison Dobbie
06-14-2012, 04:34 PM
when i was a stupid 15 year old boy, a year ago haha! i decided one day, i wasnt walking to the next village that took too long. so, i stupidly decided to get my stomp pitbike out, i thought to myself "ive got loads of fuel and its only one quiet road there." so i rung my mate and we went down a local field and pissed about then i went to the next village, then went home before dark. the next day i decided it would be ok again, so we did the same again, got a few more mates down this field , later on i went to that village again, my mate goes "oh shit, ive gotta be in" i go: " il give you a backy" bear in mind he's wearing shorts and no helmet, anyway i go flying down the road and stop in a layby at the top of the village to talk to my mate in his car, next thing i know a off duty high ranking police officer see's me and starts riding over, my mate shouts "go!" i popped a little wheelie and went flat out down the hill to where he lived, (this thing would kill off any rs50 on accelaration to about 60) i stop and he jumps off to hide, i then shit myself and dont know what to do, i decide to ride round the street to where he lives, prop my bike behind his mums car, and hide under his mums car, this bitch of a officer wasnt too impressed haha! luckily she was off duty and didnt know my name so all she could do was report it and ask around for my name ;)

the next police thing happened after about 2 months of riding, me and my mate with his speedfight 2 are going down the a5, his piece of shit did 35mph... funnily enough, with a 70 kit, crank and exhaust i used to get fairly bored. so i speed off and leave him crawling down the a5, about 3 cars overtake him, mean while im at the 70mph mark and flat out. from his descripion "a m5 marked pursuit car slowly overtook me, it then saw you and put his flashing lights on and overtook all the cars to get right up your arse" at this point, i can see the word police in my mirror, im absolutely shitting myself thinking "going to be in the shit here" but for some reason i didnt slow down, i carried on flat out for about another mile and a half to the turning where i lived, he's still right up my arse and when i indicate he follows me off the a5, im thinking shit,shit,shit and shit, anyway i pulled over oppoisite my house to expect to be fucked over and then he just turns his lights off and drives off, i am lucky!

another one is where me and a few mates decided to see who could get up this steep grass hill fastest on our bikes, we sat up the top of this hill for a while and eventually saw a helicopter in the distance, it came closer and stopped above us and stayed untill 2 police cars showed up, the woman was "incredibly dissapointed" as she's threatened me with a section 59 down there when i was racing a derbi gpr, and beating it ;) the week before, she let me get away with that one aswell ;) as long as i wrote an apology letter to butchers dog food who owned the hill, that letter was never written...

my bike has been wanted for being parked on a skatepark box but my favourite report is a woman's statement to the police "it was a young lad on a superbike style bike with a very loud and unusual exhaust sound, he was going excessively fast through yelvertoft village!" the joy of 2 strokes ;)

mumbl3s
06-21-2012, 12:02 PM
when i was a stupid 15 year old boy, a year ago haha! i decided one day, i wasnt walking to the next village that took too long. so, i stupidly decided to get my stomp pitbike out, i thought to myself "ive got loads of fuel and its only one quiet road there." so i rung my mate and we went down a local field and pissed about then i went to the next village, then went home before dark. the next day i decided it would be ok again, so we did the same again, got a few more mates down this field , later on i went to that village again, my mate goes "oh shit, ive gotta be in" i go: " il give you a backy" bear in mind he's wearing shorts and no helmet, anyway i go flying down the road and stop in a layby at the top of the village to talk to my mate in his car, next thing i know a off duty high ranking police officer see's me and starts riding over, my mate shouts "go!" i popped a little wheelie and went flat out down the hill to where he lived, (this thing would kill off any rs50 on accelaration to about 60) i stop and he jumps off to hide, i then shit myself and dont know what to do, i decide to ride round the street to where he lives, prop my bike behind his mums car, and hide under his mums car, this bitch of a officer wasnt too impressed haha! luckily she was off duty and didnt know my name so all she could do was report it and ask around for my name ;)

the next police thing happened after about 2 months of riding, me and my mate with his speedfight 2 are going down the a5, his piece of shit did 35mph... funnily enough, with a 70 kit, crank and exhaust i used to get fairly bored. so i speed off and leave him crawling down the a5, about 3 cars overtake him, mean while im at the 70mph mark and flat out. from his descripion "a m5 marked pursuit car slowly overtook me, it then saw you and put his flashing lights on and overtook all the cars to get right up your arse" at this point, i can see the word police in my mirror, im absolutely shitting myself thinking "going to be in the shit here" but for some reason i didnt slow down, i carried on flat out for about another mile and a half to the turning where i lived, he's still right up my arse and when i indicate he follows me off the a5, im thinking shit,shit,shit and shit, anyway i pulled over oppoisite my house to expect to be fucked over and then he just turns his lights off and drives off, i am lucky!

another one is where me and a few mates decided to see who could get up this steep grass hill fastest on our bikes, we sat up the top of this hill for a while and eventually saw a helicopter in the distance, it came closer and stopped above us and stayed untill 2 police cars showed up, the woman was "incredibly dissapointed" as she's threatened me with a section 59 down there when i was racing a derbi gpr, and beating it ;) the week before, she let me get away with that one aswell ;) as long as i wrote an apology letter to butchers dog food who owned the hill, that letter was never written...

my bike has been wanted for being parked on a skatepark box but my favourite report is a woman's statement to the police "it was a young lad on a superbike style bike with a very loud and unusual exhaust sound, he was going excessively fast through yelvertoft village!" the joy of 2 strokes ;)
this is the first post i have read of yours but i gotta say i like you already, nice work ;)