PDA

View Full Version : New owner/ crashbars anyone?

briodk
02-15-2003, 09:27 PM
I just purchased a Caponord. If there are any aftermarket folks who offer crashbars and other junk could you pass this along to me? Otherswise I'll have to make my own.

I have owned several Triumph Tigers and finished 8th in the last Iron Butt Rally on a Tiger. Butt it has 100,000 miles on it so thought I'd try something like the Capo. I'll probably ride it in the '03 IBR if I can get it set up right in time.

Any info you diehards can pass along that would save me some time I'd appreciate. Also any problems I can solve Before they are problems would be nice. I'm fairly realistic about stuff breaking so I'd rather know now and not say, on the Haul Road in Prudhoe Bay.

I'll be adding GPS, CB Radio, V1 and the other usual toys I had on the Tiger.

thanks for your time,
dennisk

RonS
02-16-2003, 12:49 PM
Hepco & Becker make the crash bars for the Rally Raid version of the Capo coming out later this year. I've not been able to get my hands on a set yet. If you do, please post.

The oil cooler and radiator protectors made by Touratach are available through Cyco Active out of Seattle.

silvercapo
02-16-2003, 01:20 PM
Hi, Dennis. As a frequent visitor to the Iron Butt web site, it is a pleasure to welcome you to the community! I am especially gratified to see you choose the Capo for your future IB mount. I hope that you will keep us informed as you build the bike to meet the IB challenge. We will all learn a lot from this, I am sure. You will most certainly do something with the saddle. The fuel capacity of the Capo is generous by street standards, but I wonder if you will add to that also. Congratulations on your fine finish in the IB rally - you foks are quite amazing! You might also want to check in with the Caponord forum over on Yahoo.

Take care!
Jack
Silver Capo 02
Pensacola, FL

briodk
02-16-2003, 05:05 PM
Thanks. I' will add enough fuel cells to reach 11.5 US gallons. This is a standard must do.

Also a must: electrics, gps, cb, v1.
I'll add some dark burners (lights)
crashbars, radiator etc. guards.

I know they have a new bike coming out but I don't have the time to gamble on when.

I learned a lot making a Tiger fit the bill.

Should be interesting

CapoNordTodd
02-17-2003, 10:34 AM
The Hepco & Becker bars for the capo are part # 502.703.0001

<a href="http://www.eurotechmotorsports.com" target="top">Eurotech Motorsports</a> is a US importer for H&B; there's a dealer list on their site. I found a local dealer that could order the capo bars for mid 200s...$271 maybe?

Touratech makes some sharp looking aftermarket accessories, including lights.

I think you'll surely want to remove a check valve in the fuel system. It's helped a lot of us with stalling/hiccups in fuel delivery. You can see it detailed over at http://www.caporider.com, where you'll also find some helpful documents.

Caporider is my site, and I would really love to get some input from you regarding your process of making the Capo IBR ready, even just to link to your site if you would allow that.

Denis B
02-17-2003, 04:41 PM
Hi,

I can tell you I mounted the Hepco

Denis B
02-17-2003, 04:44 PM
(something went wrong with previous reply)

I can tell you I mounted the Hepco & Becker protectors some months ago.
I happen to have the technical designs (JPEG pictures) so I could send them to you if I had your e-mail address.

I had, from a previous bike, Givi cases but the rack is not solid enough, so I plan to change it.
Does anyone have experience with the original Aprilia cases or with other after market stuff ?

Thanks

Denis

CapoNordTodd
02-17-2003, 05:22 PM
Hi Denis!

You could mail them to me at todd@caporider.com and I'll host them for you. I'd appreciate it as I'm considering the H&B bars.

briodk
02-17-2003, 08:04 PM
thanks for all the great help keep it coming!
my email: briodk@earthlink.net

web: www.viewfinder.com/idx/ldtiger (http://www.viewfinder.com/idx/ldtiger)

As I get going I'll add a Caponord section for sure. It's the little things that's kill you.

Anyone switched lights out for HID?

Any tips on avoiding tuning or smooth running troubles are greatly appreciated.
happy to offer links to other capo sites.
this should give you all a good laugh especially if you are trapped in the storm somewhere - like me.

www.viewfinder.com/idx/ld...01ibr.html (http://www.viewfinder.com/idx/ldtiger/01ibr.html)

dennis k

briodk
02-17-2003, 10:30 PM
I can tell you I mounted the Hepco & Becker protectors some months ago.
I happen to have the technical designs (JPEG pictures) so I could send them etc

My email: briodk@earthlink.net