PDA

View Full Version : Map 2 auto re-set?

Caboose
03-18-2012, 08:18 AM
just got the T out of the garage for the first time in 4 months and is running rough at all revs. was low on fuel so added 5ltr of fresh and going to spray in silicon to try to get the damp out of it, but was thinking as there was no battery on it for a while, could it have gone back to its standard map? the service triangle light is on, as well as SERVICE on the dash. Any ideas?

craiglawless
03-18-2012, 09:47 AM
How did you store it? Was the fuel you left in it treated with a product like Stabil?

catch2otwo
03-18-2012, 11:38 AM
Even if he didnt use stabil, i dont think 4 months would really hurt it. Ive put every bike Ive had away for winter months when living back east and never had a fuel issue come spring. HOWEVER, if it was low on fuel, all the crap in the gasoline(i.e sediment, debris, etc) probably sank to the bottom while it was put away and sucked into your fuel filter when you started riding again. maybe check your fuel filter?

ffkevinking
03-18-2012, 01:07 PM
use seafoam if that doesnt help look for a nest in your airbox. you laugh it happens! ha

kev

Aldo
03-18-2012, 01:19 PM
Pull up the diagnostic on the dash and see what the fault code is.

Tifa
03-18-2012, 01:54 PM
Pull up the diagnostic on the dash and see what the fault code is.

:plus:

Caboose
03-18-2012, 01:59 PM
Cheers for the replys. my idea of putting away is to park it and take the key out. normaly ride through winter but got a trooper this year (getting old) that is currently fubar so need the bike for work. gone through most thoughts and ran a few time in garage up to temp and seems better. will give a good thrash tomorrow and see if i can clean out the system. having problems with diagnostic as button is full of cr@p and doesnt work propper. love my life.