PDA

View Full Version : Capo Accessories

KillerPriller
04-20-2003, 12:10 PM
I have heard through the grape vine that the Euro-Capo-Adventure will not be comming to the US market. Considering the US market for big trailies and the weak economy, its probably a good idea.

But.....

Aprilia is making plans to make all the parts for the Euro-Cap-Adventure available. your local parts dealers dont quite know about it yet and im not sure where exactly you can find these parts, but soon, you will have stuff like:

case gaurds
bark busters
heated hand grips
etc

finaly, some accessories with practical purpose that fit!

nk

roman67
04-21-2003, 09:03 PM
That would be great, but I'm not going to hold my breath given Aprilia's track record.

StuO
04-25-2003, 05:46 AM
Yes, and that's a shame. Historically, none of the European manufacturers have understood what's required to address the US market, and their sales reflect that fact.

BMW's GS series has basically defined the market where the Caponord lives. They sell very well, usually equipped with lots of accessories. Right now, I'd be happy just to get my hands on a centerstand.

CapoNordTodd
04-25-2003, 07:59 AM
Have you tried Europe, Stu? Sure, you pay a little more for shipping, but I've had my centerstand for a long time. I checked Aprilia's dealer list for one whose language I spoke, then emailed a request for a quote on the centerstand.

StuO
04-26-2003, 06:46 AM
Thanks for the suggestion, Todd. I'm enthusiastic about this bike, but not a devotee. If I decided I need to contact European dealers for parts, that'll be the day I decide to sell the Capo. I'll just have to be patient. But most people in our "instant gratification" society don't have that kind of patience. That's what I mean when I say the Europeans don't understand the American market.

Bruce Yates
04-26-2003, 06:29 PM
You should have no trouble getting a centerstand from any US Aprilia dealer. If your dealer implies otherwise, contact Cascade BMW/Aprilia (www.cascadebmw.com) and Keith in parts will get you one pronto. No way you should have to get stuff like that (especially Aprilia's own parts) from Europe.

Bruce